Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,469 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

@Leon Troutsky might very well piss himself when he reads this

Given the other polls, it doesn’t surprise me at all.  People are viewing the Ukraine-impeachment scandal much differently than they views previous scandals with Trump. This one is landing hard and it’s shifted support for impeachment (and views that Trump is being wronged or treated unfairly) dramatically.

Keep in mind that we’re at the BEGINNING of this process and already a majority favor impeachment.  That could shift either way as the hearings and process plays out.  But to begin an impeachment process with a majority supporting removal from office?  That’s a big danger sign for Trump and Republicans.  Their normal talking points are falling flat and the damaging information has shifted public opinion dramatically just over the last two weeks.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Given the other polls, it doesn’t surprise me at all.  People are viewing the Ukraine-impeachment scandal much differently than they views previous scandals with Trump. This one is landing hard and it’s shifted support for impeachment (and views that Trump is being wronged or treated unfairly) dramatically.

Keep in mind that we’re at the BEGINNING of this process and already a majority favor impeachment.  That could shift either way as the hearings and process plays out.  But to begin an impeachment process with a majority supporting removal from office?  That’s a big danger sign for Trump and Republicans.  Their normal talking points are falling flat and the damaging information has shifted public opinion dramatically just over the last two weeks.

I was talking about how goofy it was worded you giant nerd :rolleyes:

Leon Troutsky likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I realize this by looking at a calendar, but **** if it doesn't already feel like it's been dragging on for months. 

mdrake34 and Leon Troutsky like this

12 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Yeah, when we finally get to an impeachment hearing and Trey Gowdy is leading the defense, this kind of stuff along with similar statements by Republicans is going to get played on loop.  

mdrake34 likes this

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Opening a Trump Tower Atlanta may be the only way to get this city a championship. 

I dunno Clinton, W, and Obama weren't picnics but it's hard to think of a presidency that's been worse to the sports of this city (and we got at LEAST another year to go)

14 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

I think that is actually going to benefit Trump.  It all just becomes noise.  Tough to distinguish from "No Collusion/No Obstruction Witch Hunt"  Mueller Report.  

Seriously, I think that if you are still ok with Trump, nothing coming out now is going to change you.

The only difference is that Republican leaders might finally turn on him.   THAT is when things will get very interesting.  Trump people with stay Trump people, and the Republicans have known that and are scared to do the right thing.

Nothing will ever truly hurt him unless he flip flops on immigration, 2A, or abortion.  It is going to create more noise, but Graham already said they're sending Pelosi a letter saying they've made up their mind not to vote to convict him and she better not even waste their time.  To the extent more comes out and some of Graham and McConnell's constituents start calling them and giving them ****, it may help a tiny bit in the long run.

But 100 more of these corruption/improper influence stories could come out and 35% of the country would never turn on him.

HolyMoses, Sn4tteRBoxXeR and Serge like this

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I dunno Clinton, W, and Obama weren't picnics but it's hard to think of a presidency that's been worse to the sports of this city (and we got at LEAST another year to go)

But if we have learned anything, it's if you erect a building with the Orange Man's name on it, you can pretty much have anything you want. 

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

But if we have learned anything, it's if you erect a building with the Orange Man's name on it, you can pretty much have anything you want. 

Except a wall

Serge and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

6 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

I think that is actually going to benefit Trump.  It all just becomes noise.  Tough to distinguish from "No Collusion/No Obstruction Witch Hunt"  Mueller Report.  

Seriously, I think that if you are still ok with Trump, nothing coming out now is going to change you.

The only difference is that Republican leaders might finally turn on him.   THAT is when things will get very interesting.  Trump people with stay Trump people, and the Republicans have known that and are scared to do the right thing.

I feel like the left still resists the idea that Trump wholly embraces pure noise as a defense tactic more than they should because it's more fun/satisfying/optimistic to address every single thing he says or does as if it were meant to be taken at face value, even though Trump's supporters have never looked at Trump's words and actions like that.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

13 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

wooooow this just happened

7g9c51F.png

Their public defenders should probably advise them to flip on Rudy to cut deals and just get deported.

9 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That might be because we literally already know exactly what he did. How much more is opinion supposed to shift if the investigation isn't going to tell us much more than we already know?

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

Watching leftists become neocons is almost as amusing as watching leftists misuse the word "neocon" for 8 years of the Bush administration.  Back then it was basically a pejorative, used because stupid people thought it sounded mean.

One of the great ironies of the 2016 election is all the people *****ing about GWB for 8 years got really mad when his foreign policy clone didn't get elected, in part because some jackass with a bad combover sold an old Democratic staple -- we aren't the world's policemen and we need to take care of our problems here at home -- to people in blue collar states.  Certainly, few Republicans have learned any lessons from that.  But it's really uncanny to watch Democrats fail to learn from it too.

the people you're talking about aren't "leftists"

Just now, achilles return said:

the people you're talking about aren't "leftists"

Again, probably accurate.

13 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Opening a Trump Tower Atlanta may be the only way to get this city a championship. 

If it's a Falcons championship, I might be willing to sell my soul.

Knock down the Big Chicken or the King and Queen buildings.  Put it in the middle of Piedmont Park.  Build it on top of Mary Macs if you have to.

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If it's a Falcons championship, I might be willing to sell my soul.

Knock down the Big Chicken or the King and Queen buildings.  Put it in the middle of Piedmont Park.  Build it on top of Mary Macs if you have to.

The Big Chicken stays

Even tho you know it wont change ****, it's still sorta nice to see majority impeachment polls begin to show up in the grandpa's bubble

If Trump were literally any other politican, that might actually have a snowball effect as people questioned his popularity

4 minutes ago, Serge said:

That might be because we literally already know exactly what he did. How much more is opinion supposed to shift if the investigation isn't going to tell us much more than we already know?

That’s definitely part of it.  However, there are still a lot of people in the “don’t impeach” camp that haven’t heard the facts.  I know that’s hard to believe, but all of the information hasn’t gotten out to everyone.  So as more people become aware that, yes, Trump actually begged a foreign leader for dirt on a political opponent and then did it again in the open with China, support for impeachment could shift further.

And if/when Congress finally gets all the documents and testimony, it could establish there was a quid pro quo with Ukraine.  And that could increase support for impeachment, as well.  

And now we have the arrest of two Guiliani associates for funneling money to campaigns which prosecutors say was part of Rudy’s efforts to dig up dirt on Biden.