Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

50,107 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Re-read this.  Pretend it's me saying it to you.

Then ask yourself why you would bother even responding to it.  Then perhaps you'll figure out why I don't discuss politics with you anymore.

Yup

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I assume it has more to do with Blank throwing money around in a league that isn't used to that.

I don't know if Blank actually through more money around or not, but he certainly thew the money differently.  When the rest of the league was throwing money at big name declining European talent, Blank invested in young developing talent from South America.  He relied on the sophistication of the Atlanta market to support quality soccer.  As importantly, when you sign declining talent, a year or two or three later, your money is gone and you have had diminishing returns.  When you sign young developing talent, you have better instant return on the investment, a year or two or three later, you can actually SELL the talent and recover your cash, then REINVEST in new young talent to perpetuate success.  (See Miguel Almiron/Pity Martinez.)  

There are two major aspects to Blank's Home Depot success:  1) recognize a market that no one else sees and go big and go right.  2) Make love to your customer.

With the Falcons, Blank can't get an edge on talent, but he has focused on making the experience and excellent as possible.

But with the United, he recognized a market that NO ONE saw.  The rest of MLS saw Ace Hardware.  He saw Home Depot.  He went HUGE with the stadium and went right with the talent.  

31 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Watching leftists become neocons is almost as amusing as watching leftists misuse the word "neocon" for 8 years of the Bush administration.  Back then it was basically a pejorative, used because stupid people thought it sounded mean.

One of the great ironies of the 2016 election is all the people *****ing about GWB for 8 years got really mad when his foreign policy clone didn't get elected, in part because some jackass with a bad combover sold an old Democratic staple -- we aren't the world's policemen and we need to take care of our problems here at home -- to people in blue collar states.  Certainly, few Republicans have learned any lessons from that.  But it's really uncanny to watch Democrats fail to learn from it too.

If you happen to wonder in the DESERT for 40 years give me a holler. I've seen enough to know I would follow out there.

12 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

That's fair.  I granted early on, Hillary Clinton is basically a neoconservative on foreign policy.  So perhaps it is simply the case that the majority position across bipartisan lines is basically neocon.

Hillary would have put boots on the ground in Russia.

JDaveG, Serge and lostone like this

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Could he be anymore Snak? (A passionate love for polls, and also a deep conviction that they're all rigged and fake when they don't echo what he wants to hear)

HolyMoses likes this

I was happy trump was negotiating with the taliban.  It’s the only way to get out of Afghanistan at this point (unless you want another hundred year war).  This appears so much like a conflict of interest that it makes me feel some kind of way.  We ruined Iraq and now our actions are going to cause a genocide after we just told the ally who helped us with another problem we helped create (ISIS).  

Sigh

JDaveG likes this

16 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Huh...

President Donald Trump pressed then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to help persuade the Justice Department to drop a criminal case against an Iranian-Turkish gold trader who was a client of Rudy Giuliani, according to three people familiar with the 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.

Tillerson refused, arguing it would constitute interference in an ongoing investigation of the trader, Reza Zarrab, according to the people. They said other participants in the Oval Office were shocked by the request.

Tillerson immediately repeated his objections to then-Chief of Staff John Kelly in a hallway conversation just outside the Oval Office, emphasizing that the request would be illegal. Neither episode has been previously reported, and all of the people spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the conversations.

The floodgates of these types of stories have opened.  The news is going to be inundated with them.

HolyMoses, Serge and Leon Troutsky like this

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Alright ABF I want at least 3 photoshopped memes of this poll from across twitter on my desk by the end of this friday work day

lostone and mdrake34 like this

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Hillary-Clinton-Nukes-Nuclear-War.jpg

She avoided sniper fire in Bosnia, she is a tough lady. 

Barney the purple dinosaur, what are you doing here?

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

The floodgates of these types of stories have opened.  The news is going to be inundated with them.

I think that is actually going to benefit Trump.  It all just becomes noise.  Tough to distinguish from "No Collusion/No Obstruction Witch Hunt"  Mueller Report.  

Seriously, I think that if you are still ok with Trump, nothing coming out now is going to change you.

The only difference is that Republican leaders might finally turn on him.   THAT is when things will get very interesting.  Trump people with stay Trump people, and the Republicans have known that and are scared to do the right thing.

mdrake34 and Serge like this

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Create a big ******* mess and claim only you have the solution

Yeah holy **** this is the complete opposite of what he claimed when the pullout was initially announced.

Oh my ****ing god 

HolyMoses and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Alright ABF I want at least 3 photoshopped memes of this poll on my desk by the end of this friday work day

A fake trump tweet with a sharpie saying the poll is 0% and 100%?

Leon Troutsky and HolyMoses like this

6 minutes ago, lostone said:

Man, all you have to do is open a trump tower and you can perform a genocide?!  That’s awesome!  

Who wants to go halfsies with me on Trump Tower St. Louis?