Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

56,836 posts in this topic

Just now, Serge said:

I find it amazing the same people that vehemently protected Obama over pulling  out of Iraq, getting the Iraqis slaughtered, leading to the rise of ISIS (Obama's JV Team) are now bemoaning what Trump is doing.

It wouldn't have anything to do with a (R) being in office now would it? :rolleyes:

Now they either learned from their mistakes or they are just very dishonest political hacks. 

I am against Trump on this as I was against Obama during the Iraq pullout. But I am consistent in my beliefs, unlike many of my Lemmings friends on here. 

The party designations has nothing to do with how I decide issues.

7 hours ago, AF89 said:

Kinda neat how 4 outs made the difference between us not advancing and the Nats not getting eliminated (hahaha kill me)

With the way the Braves were playing I’m completely convinced that the Nats would have swept them.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

I find it amazing the same people that vehemently protected Obama over pulling  out of Iraq, getting the Iraqis slaughtered, leading to the rise of ISIS (Obama's JV Team) are now bemoaning what Trump is doing.

It wouldn't have anything to do with a (R) being in office now would it? :rolleyes:

Now they either learned from their mistakes or they are just very dishonest political hacks. 

I am against Trump on this as I was against Obama during the Iraq pullout. But I am consistent in my beliefs, unlike many of my Lemmings friends on here. 

Obama was facing pressure to end a wildly unpopular war with no end in sight. Trump appears to be doing this either because of his business interests in Turkey or because having more conflict in the ME will be useful to his re-election campaign.

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

lol you think leaving Iraq was what created ISIS

mdrake34 likes this

13 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

lol you think leaving Iraq was what created ISIS

The entire valid point just flew over your head even if you forego the ISIS part.:lol:

19 minutes ago, Serge said:

Obama was facing pressure to end a wildly unpopular war with no end in sight. Trump appears to be doing this either because of his business interests in Turkey or because having more conflict in the ME will be useful to his re-election campaign.

Riiiiggghhhttttt...even they both campaigned on bringing Troops home.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Riiiiggghhhttttt...even they both campaigned on bringing Troops home.

Do the troops that fought with the Kurds sound like they just want to come home? I'm mainly hearing abject horror, shame, and confusion.

mdrake34 and HolyMoses like this

It's not even an argument about whether or not it makes sense or if Trump's doing it for personal gain. It's "Trump ought to get to do this because it's superficially similar to something Obama did."

mdrake34 likes this

What's ****ed up is the Kurds could pretty much be protected from Turkey  (a member of NATO and nominally a US ally) on that side of the border by like a handful of US personal simply being in the region. 

This is not exactly the same as trying to maintain a costly large scale military occupation against a hostile population

falconsd56 and mdrake34 like this

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

What's ****ed up is the Kurds could pretty much be protected from Turkey  (a member of NATO and nominally a US ally) on that side of the border by like a handful of US personal simply being in the region. 

This is not exactly the same as trying to maintain a large scale military occupation against a hostile population

It certainly appears that Trump is intentionally ******* over the Kurds because it's what Erdogan asked of him. I mean Jesus, this is bad even for the U.S.

mdrake34, HolyMoses and AF89 like this

24 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

So the authorities are allowed to track users but users can't track... the authorities? Sounds like Democracy!

15 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Like a good percentage of United players have little idea of the actual history of this city when they get here (if they speak English at all) so they never learn to be physiologically fragile headcases that start to overthink everthing and buckle to the pressure and postseason failure becomes this self fulfillng prophesy.

It's probably as simple as that tbh

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Like a good percentage of United players have little idea of the actual history of this city when they get here (if they speak English at all) so they never learn to be physiologically fragile headcases that start to overthink everthing and buckle to the pressure and postseason failure becomes this self fulfillng prophesy.

It's probably as simple as that tbh

I assume it has more to do with Blank throwing money around in a league that isn't used to that.

59 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

72355822_10218873004309963_7115781492504002560_n.jpg

Watching leftists become neocons is almost as amusing as watching leftists misuse the word "neocon" for 8 years of the Bush administration.  Back then it was basically a pejorative, used because stupid people thought it sounded mean.

One of the great ironies of the 2016 election is all the people *****ing about GWB for 8 years got really mad when his foreign policy clone didn't get elected, in part because some jackass with a bad combover sold an old Democratic staple -- we aren't the world's policemen and we need to take care of our problems here at home -- to people in blue collar states.  Certainly, few Republicans have learned any lessons from that.  But it's really uncanny to watch Democrats fail to learn from it too.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Watching leftists become neocons is almost as amusing as watching leftists misuse the word "neocon" for 8 years of the Bush administration.  Back then it was basically a pejorative, used because stupid people thought it sounded mean.

One of the great ironies of the 2016 election is all the people *****ing about GWB for 8 years got really mad when his foreign policy clone didn't get elected, in part because some jackass with a bad combover sold an old Democratic staple -- we aren't the world's policemen and we need to take care of our problems here at home -- to people in blue collar states.  Certainly, few Republicans have learned any lessons from that.  But it's really uncanny to watch Democrats fail to learn from it too.

He shouldn't have sent troops in to start with and I'm not necessarily opposed to pulling out. However, when you combine the fact that a few weeks ago we convinced the Kurds to leave their border positions to "ease tensions" with a promise that they'd be protected with what's happening now then, well... Yeah. Not good.