Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

66,754 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I was thinking of Freddie riding into the postseason pretty much having bled to death in his saddle

It feels more like the original “Rocky” movie if Apollo Creed had knocked out Rocky Balboa in the first round and the remaining 80 minutes of the movie was Apollo celebrating with his family.

Scrunchomarx, Ofelia and JDaveG like this

Just now, AF89 said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0 you can watch App pretty much win the sunbelt tonight If you've a mind to it

Been there for the last hour. App is doing really well shutting down a very good running game. They are clearly the best team in the Sunbelt.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Been there for the last hour. App is doing really well shutting down a very good running game. They are clearly the best team in the Sunbelt.

It's been awsome watching them turn that Michigan win into such a recruiting propaganda win that it's snowballed into dynasty after dynasty for them while our six FCS championships are losing their luster.

I'm sure State will take that Tennessee win and do something similar on the local level.

(sry I'm just extra cynical tonight)

HolyMoses likes this

6 minutes ago, AF89 said:

It's been awsome watching them turn that Michigan win into such a recruiting propaganda win that it's snowballed into dynasty after dynasty for them while our six FCS championships are losing their luster.

I'm sure State will take that Tennessee win and do something similar on the local level.

(sry I'm just extra cynical tonight)

Meh, I don't know about a dynasty. The only difference between us and them is coaching hires. They have done much better in that regard since 2015.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Meh, I don't know about a dynasty. The only difference between us and them is coaching hires. They have done much better in that regard since 2015.

Honestly not sure we're even on the same talent level at this point. When we were both in the SOCON sure,  but they're fast turning into Boise St in the old WAC

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

My strongest memory of his career is him screaming at Jose Fernandez for not respecting the unspoken rules.

My last memory will be of him dropping a strikeout (second in one inning) then falling on his *** as everyone is safe

Ofelia likes this

25 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It feels more like the original “Rocky” movie if Apollo Creed had knocked out Rocky Balboa in the first round and the remaining 80 minutes of the movie was Apollo celebrating with his family.

giphy.gif

Also I get it but it kinda also sucks that the writing is on the wall for the begining of what will probably eventually be the end of the tomahawk chop, which is the closest thing to an pro atmosphere (pre United) that this city has ever had

JDaveG likes this

Just now, AF89 said:

Also I get it but it kinda also sucks that the writing is on the wall for the begining of what will probably eventually be the end of the tomahawk chop, which is the closest thing to an pro atmosphere (pre United) that this city has ever had

I won't miss them playing that ******* whistle every five seconds in the last few innings.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

I won't miss them playing that ******* whistle every five seconds in the last few innings.

I like the whistle :ninja:

But I like the train whistle too :ninja::ninja: