Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

73,745 posts in this topic

:lol: Also I can't think of Tyler Perry without thinking of how much Aaron Mcgruder hates him and how brutal (and i mean BRUTAL) the Boondocks parody of him was where he was essentially the head of a Rocky Horror-esq cult.

(Tyler Perry pretty much got this episode removed from the adult swim rotation but it was hilariously weird)

I would also accept a “Madea goes NFL” movie where Matt Ryan gets injured and she steps in as QB (as “Madea Ice”, natch) for the Falcons and takes us to a Super Bowl victory in 2021.  I would prefer that wonderful fiction to the h*** that is our present situation.  

29 minutes ago, WOR said:

Dan Quinn is that video of a guy throwing something in a pot and everything catching on fire. 

Does anyone remember  in his first year here when Kyle Shanahan showed us  what a vindictive **** he was?  I think the Falcons were still sort of rolling but Rodney White hasd complained about not getting targets.  So Kyle Shanahan totally gives away a series by having Ryan force it to White three times in a row the first three plays of the game for three incompletions. 

Remember how much heat he took from fans that first year? 

He remembered. 28 to 3 was when  the vindictive  son of a ***** got us back. 

Dear God I miss him. 

42 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I had no idea that Tyler Perry is balling like that. Some of the resident black folks in ABF need to help me out. Is he really that big in The Culture? Because I tried watching one of those Medea movies and I'm not seeing it.

Tyler Perry bought Fort McPherson. The green exit sign on the highway that once said "Fort McPherson" now says "Tyler Perry Studios." 

50 minutes ago, AF89 said:

(Speaking as someone who grew up in an interracial family and was forced to watch most of them)

His character is funny as is Mr Brown but 75% of the movie is otherwise, put upon sister ditches abusive/loser and gets with the strong sensative type (who probably has light skin) and in between semi religious themes are explored.  (Maybe a song or two)

Just when when things are maybe a bit too heavy Madea shows up. Repeat. Every black woman I know LOVES that ****

uVuKsca.gif

ci1TDue.gif

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

It’s not a good look. But when you look at the rest of the field, I’m just not understanding the vitriol towards her. She has Bernie-like (maybe lite is a better word) policy proposals, she didn’t just have a heart attack, and billionaires, including noted ****heel Zuckerberg, have vowed to do everything in their power to stop her from getting the nomination. 

I don’t see how a Warren presidency is worse than another Trump term. You didn’t say or even imply otherwise, just talking out loud. 

I liked her for a long time and have considered her someone I could vote for in the general... but the more I read about her the less I like her. I think she's getting the treatment she is getting because she makes a lot of noise about being progressive and standing up for minorities and fighting against fundamentally broken systems... but she herself has exploited her way through the system with lies and manipulation in a way that is deeply disrespectful and unethical. I also have a very big problem with people who lie and then dodge the issue whenever it's brought up.

It leads me to believe she wouldn't stand much of a chance against Trump actually. He already embarrassed her once and people who would like to vote for her against him but have a serious issue with her are screaming she hasn't done enough to address that issue. Also, unlike Warren, the GOP has rabid support from people who completely do not care if he lies... and a lot of moderates who don't pay attention to politics will be easily swayed by how easy it will be to make her look bad.

Would I vote for her if she ultimately gets the nomination? Possibly. She certainly would not be worse than Trump. That's not exactly the standard I'm going by though. I have no problem with not voting for the Democrat nominee if I don't like them. I have a problem with someone who has done the things she has done being rewarded for it just because the person she's running against is a big piece of ****.

Billy Ocean, Vogelgryff and AF89 like this

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

I liked her for a long time and have considered her someone I could vote for in the general... but the more I read about her the less I like her. I think she's getting the treatment she is getting because she makes a lot of noise about being progressive and standing up for minorities and fighting against fundamentally broken systems... but she herself has exploited her way through the system with lies and manipulation in a way that is deeply disrespectful and unethical. I also have a very big problem with people who lie and then dodge the issue whenever it's brought up.

It leads me to believe she wouldn't stand much of a chance against Trump actually. He already embarrassed her once and people who would like to vote for her against him but have a serious issue with her are screaming she hasn't done enough to address that issue. Also, unlike Warren, the GOP has rabid support from people who completely do not care if he lies... and a lot of moderates who don't pay attention to politics will be easily swayed by how easy it will be to make her look bad.

Would I vote for her if she ultimately gets the nomination? Possibly. She certainly would not be worse than Trump. That's not exactly the standard I'm going by though. I have no problem with not voting for the Democrat nominee if I don't like them. I have a problem with someone who has done the things she has done being rewarded for it just because the person she's running against is a big piece of ****.

gtfo of here, real talk

you have a LOSER mentality and instead of facing that fact, you will attack me personally for it; then the pile on will come with your retort and the back slapping brigade

Bring it.

Man seriously get your mind out of 2016 mode: Elizabeth Warren is NOT Hillary Clinton.

Warren has 1 job right now and that's winning the primary.

Man You sound like Billy Ocean right now, purposely.  I hope you don't vote for her. I hope you vote Jill Stein. Vote Green Party Carter, you know you have it in you to do it.

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

gtfo of here, real talk

you have a LOSER mentality and instead of facing that fact, you will attack me personally for it; then the pile on will come with your retort and the back slapping brigade

Bring it.

Man seriously get your mind out of 2016 mode: Elizabeth Warren is NOT Hillary Clinton.

Man You sound like Billy Ocean right now, purposely.  I hope you don't vote for her. I hope you vote Jill Stein. Vote Green Party Carter, you know you have it in you to do it.

:lol: **** off mack, don't you have a one man protest to get ready for?

mdrake34, Vogelgryff, JDaveG and 1 other like this

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

gtfo of here, real talk

Bring it.

Billy Ocean, Carter and JDaveG like this

Someone explain to me, what SPECIFICALLY did Warren "do to exploit her way through the system." Man this is some HOG WASH. Specify.

"Deeply Disrespectful" you know what's deeply disrespectful? It's when people ignore SCIENCE and FACTS like the FACT that Warren is GENETICALLY DESCENDED FROM Native Americans. Now ya'll are going to start attacking Climate Science, right? Yes I bet you are. No. You are not because it's not "cool" to attack Climate Science, but it's COOL to attack Genetic Ancestry Tests, even though they are SCIENTIFICALLY VALID. Lol, wow cherry pickers!

Cherry picking, Rose flaunting "Independent Voters"

Makes me sick.

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Someone explain to me, what SPECIFICALLY did Warren "do to exploit her way through the system." Man this is some HOG WASH. Specify.

"Deeply Disrespectful" you know what's deeply disrespectful? It's when people ignore SCIENCE and FACTS like the FACT that Warren is GENETICALLY DESCENDED FROM Native Americans. Now ya'll are going to start attacking Climate Science, right? Yes I bet you are. No. You are not because it's not "cool" to attack Climate Science, but it's COOL to attack Genetic Ancestry Tests, even though they are SCIENTIFICALLY VALID. Lol, wow cherry pickers!

Cherry picking, Rose flaunting "Independent Voters"

Makes me sick.

It has already been posted in this thread baby boy.

Instead of throwing a tantrum about voters being informed, maybe you could, oh I dunno, shut the **** up and pay attention?

13 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I was just coming to

post about it

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

getting me riled up in here

Mocoso!

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

It has already been posted in this thread baby boy.

Instead of throwing a tantrum about voters being informed, maybe you could, oh I dunno, shut the **** up and pay attention?

Just smh at these "crimes" that disqualify Warren from "centrist-former-Republican voters." But who cares anyway, Warren needs the rile up the Democrat base, not worry about flakes.

I stopped watching tyler perry movies years ago.  It was the same movie plot for every movie I saw.  Got sick of it.  Wife feels the same.  At the same time, he does a lot for the community 

jordan peele is who I am following now.  Dude makes such thought provoking movies that resonate with me.  “Us” had so many layers!!

AF89 and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this