Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

51,450 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Incredibly insidious  tactic by BO:  Rather than substantively engage and defend a point, portray the opposition as deranged.  

Gaslighting 

Woah. 

Slow down. No need to get all hysterical

5 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Incredibly insidious  tactic by BO:  Rather than substantively engage and defend a point, portray the opposition as deranged.  

Gaslighting 

Trump broke your brain right away, but it's been a longer journey for your friend.

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

Trump broke your brain right away, but it's been a longer journey for your friend.

You refuse to acknowledge the damage your "ideology" causes. Because if you did, it would undermine it's efficacy.

HolyMoses likes this

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

I don't want military intervention, but words matter; threats hold the world together.

That's the thing. This only happened because the world doesn't respect the US President anymore. They know he's full of crap, they know they can get away with stuff like this because Trump is a paper tiger when it comes to diplomacy that doesn't entail kissing his backside.

Let someone else threaten them because anything that comes from Trump's piehole won't be respected.

HolyMoses likes this

1 minute ago, Statick said:

That's the thing. This only happened because the world doesn't respect the US President anymore. They know he's full of crap, they know they can get away with stuff like this because Trump is a paper tiger when it comes to diplomacy that doesn't entail kissing his backside.

Let someone else threaten them because anything that comes from Trump's piehole won't be respected.

True, for now it's just another thing to add to the "Clean Up" List once, God willing, a Democrat gets back in power.

1 minute ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

True, for now it's just another thing to add to the "Clean Up" List once, God willing, a Democrat gets back in power.

God ain't got nothing to do with it.

And again, quit yammering jabronies.  Goldschmidt just took umbrage at your lack of attention.

7 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

man this (Trump's inaction resulting in Turkish aggression) is #######

oEs5TAB.png

Trump talking a big game about Ukraine and Russia but then when Turkey "annexes" Kurdistan, Trump's going to walk out the back door.

1 minute ago, Stan Grossman said:

God ain't got nothing to do with it.

And again, quit yammering jabronies.  Goldschmidt just took umbrage at your lack of attention.

I'm gonna need hella God to survive if Trump gets another 4 years.

3 minutes ago, Statick said:

Donald T Jrump took this nation from laughing stock to tgithursday great. 

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

A few reasons:

1. They aren't news. They've been talked about already for years.

2. I've seen them countless times to attack Sanders over the years, so that isn't new either.

3. Even though I'm opposed to the Sanders stuff they don't rise to the level of a foreign state owned company hiring an unqualified child of the VP to obtain access and favor of the United States government or with basically any example what Trump and his kids have done since he was sworn in.

A conspiracy theory here would be, I dunno, saying that Ukraine used Hunter Biden to control his dad or something. My argument has consistently been that this is an example of the Bidens using their position to get favorable employment for Hunter even though he's unqualified for the job and that claiming that it's not a big deal or that since it's not illegal then saying it's bad is a conspiracy theory isn't going to fly... And the polling is proving me right.

Frankly, I think the MBNA and bankruptcy bill is a far, far clearer and worse example of corruption and currying political favors among the Bidens, but that isn't the one taking the headlines now.

1.  Neither is the Biden stuff.  It actually all goes back to a 2017 Politico article that got rehashed.  Why is BO bringing up old news?

2.  Same with Biden...why bring it up now?

3.  So the argument is that Bernie’s corruption isn’t as bad as Biden’s corruption.  Welp, Biden’s corruption is nowhere on the same level as Trump’s.  So again, why bring it up now?

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

1.  Neither is the Biden stuff.  It actually all goes back to a 2017 Politico article that got rehashed.  Why is BO bringing up old news?

2.  Same with Biden...why bring it up now?

3.  So the argument is that Bernie’s corruption isn’t as bad as Biden’s corruption.  Welp, Biden’s corruption is nowhere on the same level as Trump’s.  So again, why bring it up now?

Sir, the Braves are on.

Stan Grossman likes this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

ding-ding-ding.gif

Because it's not just "The Alt-Right" that gets off on "Owning the Libs."

Scrunchomarx likes this

Facebook should ban political ads ENTIRELY ffs, Congress should have forced something on them after they accepted RUBLES for political ads in 2016. I mean I know there are legal questions here but RUBLES? I MEAN COME ON.

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Sir, the Braves are on.

Yeah, I’m watching.  I wish them the best, but not getting emotionally attached.  I heard a person in the late 90s describe the Braves as the quintessential southern team — win lots of battles but always lose the war.  

I don’t mind rooting for a team that isn’t expected to win.  But a team that has all of that talent and still loses time and again?  Nope.  

18 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Consistency. 

5 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Facebook should ban political ads ENTIRELY ffs, Congress should have forced something on them after they accepted RUBLES for political ads in 2016. I mean I know there are legal questions here but RUBLES? I MEAN COME ON.

vYufGlI.jpg