Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

51,923 posts in this topic

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

His experience isn’t all that relevant, but it’s notable that he doesn’t have experience running a non-profit which operates very differently than a corporation.

But Sanders gave his stepson a $100,000 per year salary to run his own think tank.  That’s corrupt, at least according to PG.

I'd agree there. Not a good look.

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Wait, are you asking me for financial advice?  I don't like to give that out, but I will tell you if you want to do better, if everyone wants to do better, stick with the Trump economy. 

:lol:

Scrunchomarx likes this

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Wait you're a noob, it cannot remind you of a story I once told you...You are the Alt I said you were Cyber, and you're an Al Charlatan...stop foolin' people, but you never fool Ol' WFW. 

I’m your grandson not an alt. 

Big_Dog likes this

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, Serge said:

Hey Goreadup, the other day I saw a guy stumble out of a Chevy Tahoe and puke blue liquid on the sidewalk. Guess what his bumper stickers were.

Can I try? 

Visualize whirled peas and honk if you’re horny

Edited by Scrunchomarx

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

“It’s corruption.”

”Nobody said it’s illegal.”

“It’s legitimate corruption!”

Dude, the alphabet has more W’s than you do in this thread.  Everyone’s laughing at you.

@Sobeit No one is laughing harder tho than the big_dog. Sobiet ignores the fact that Trump witheld support till the **** hit the fan.

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

Face it       Trump Is Toast GIF - TrumpIsToast Trump GIFs

I expect more out of the nurse I got you. I still see TDS drool on your chin, Squirrely Bob.  

37 minutes ago, Scrunchomarx said:

I’m your grandson not an alt. 

Maybe Squirrely Bob's, but not mine. I expect more from my bloodline, he doesn't. 

38 minutes ago, Scrunchomarx said:

Who is cyber? Not familiar with the name

It was Google bot if I recall correctly. Your posting style isn't anything like his really. 

44 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

@Sobeit No one is laughing harder tho than the big_dog. Sobiet ignores the fact that Trump witheld support till the **** hit the fan.

If that was the case then why did Ukraine say they had no idea it was being withheld. Again the President said he felt no pressure. He said they had a conversation about many things. Trump mentioned meddling in the 16 election and Crowd Strike. Rare case where DNC said U can not have the evidence. Obama's FBI said sure we will take your word for it. Not suspicious at all. It was the Ukraine President that brought up Biden. Again one person has been transparent. Pelosi wants secret proceedings to protect the country. Clearly she is feeling good about this when she has to say that Schiff did not misrepresent the transcript in his fake reading of it. This is a joke we all know it. This is Pelosi trying to use House to meddle in our elections. Nothing new from the corrupt authoritarian left. Difference is now we have a President that does not cower to you psychotics!

23 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Never forget: Trump always responds to fair and substantive criticism with cheap insults because  he cannot defend his conduct (The criticism is appropriate) and he lacks the emotional maturity to respond otherwise. 

I would call it accurate and why I would never have voted for Romney.

@Serge check out this Joker review by Felix from Chapo. Some of my favorite writing on modern media consumption:

Every single day, a few odd hundred thousand people stare into poisonous blue light rays and feel debilitating rage at some things that understandably prompt it and some things that do not. In any event, they will respond with a generic style of online sarcasm that’s been culled from the greatest perma-banned posters of the last decade and sanitized into nothingness. You spew out their words while you react to every macro and micro Trump scandal, watching him mostly weather each cycle not so much unscathed, but ready for a new one that will make you forget about the last one. Everyone is always having a normal one in the normal world, as we clench our teeth so hard we begin to bleed.

People aren’t complete idiots, and know that consuming and reacting to every bit of political media input in and of itself won’t change anything. But I think for some, they’re in a paralyzed state. It’s like a hangover, where any light or movement causes unfathomable pain and you’ve just got to lie in a dehydrated heap until those vapors leave your brain. You know the boring, inconclusive future, and so you have no use in imagining a better life. You just sit around reacting until the next thing.

If you’ve got into the habit of taking and spitting out everything, it’s easy to apply the same rubric to culture. That is how you get the reaction you got to Todd Phillips’s 2019 Joker. In goes a shockingly average movie that I’d probably rate under Four Brothers, out goes more fear-mongering and vociferous defense than for any movie from the past couple of years.

The movie had very little to do with the incel panic people built up around it. The Joker’s main antagonist is the wealthy, and for good reason. He has fantasies about women, but he doesn’t seem terribly interested in laying clown pipe. At no point does he consider getting cosmetic cranial surgery. But everyone pinning this particular set of fears on this movie was incredibly predictable, as “incel” is one of those words journalists learned a year ago and have tricked themselves into believing they’ve known it their whole lives and can deploy it fluently. People saw this and decided that a movie about an abandoned, sad, abused man was about their new favorite word, alternating between repetitive mockery and belief that they would be martyred for reviewing it. It could be one of the darkly funnier outcomes, that this unremarkable movie about a sad, ******-up guy becomes a rallying point for incels solely because journalists decided that’s what it was about, but I suspect that like everything in our culture, this will be swept up before we notice it.

Joker had the opportunity to be a really good, interesting movie. I firmly believe the biggest unnoticed problem in our culture right now is loneliness, and this could have been a seminal look at our isolated time. It also could have been way funnier, or at least not taken itself so seriously at every moment. It could not have beaten the viewer over the head with the idea that Arthur Fleck is a strange guy and blasted us with genre typical booming orchestrals to remind us what we’re supposed to feel. Unfortunately, we got a version of AJ Soprano talking about Nietzsche, even if Joaquin Phoenix was doing it.

Serge likes this

6 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

@Sobeit can I get your thoughts on this 

Recycled conspiracy theory.  This actually was initially a Bush/Clinton conspiracy theory

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

Never forget: Trump always responds to fair and substantive criticism with cheap insults because  he cannot defend his conduct (The criticism is appropriate) and he lacks the emotional maturity to respond otherwise. 

Still funny that Mitt did that press conference about how he needed to oppose Trump for the sake of his grandchildren and then promptly kissed his *** when he won for his personal gain.

3 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Well... Completely unqualified children of the elites getting six figure jobs for no other reason than who their parents are is corruption. Saying that it's not illegal isn't exactly a compelling argument of defense.

Uh, they are qualified. It's those qualifications that you have a problem with.

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

How hard is it to just say that Sanders shouldn’t have created a think tank with donations from his rich friends and given his stepson a $100,000 a year salary to run it?

That you can’t even say that tells me how in the tank you are for Bernie.

Stepson? You mean he's not even genetically related?!

~Shoo outta here!

#Corruption

48 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

@Serge check out this Joker review by Felix from Chapo. Some of my favorite writing on modern media consumption:

That was really good. I felt like it was largely arbitrary panic because the Joker is always shown as someone magnetic enough to lunatics to have an endless supply of them as grunts. Incels don't fantasize about dressing up as a clown to kill people; they fantasize about being omnipotent and ******* anything they want.

Billy Ocean likes this