Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,533 posts in this topic

I'm old enough to remember Conservatives freaking out about a candidate possibly getting dirt on another candidate from outside the US.

Apparently it's okay if it's they do with while they're POTUS though.

AF89, HolyMoses and mdrake34 like this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

I know, what a shame. I don't have every bit of info that Congress has, don't know the legal procedures for impeachment, nor do I care enough about it since I know they won't actually do it.

Point has been and will remain the same: If you're the Speaker of the House and you keep saying that the president is a criminal and keep suggesting that he should be indicted then move forward with impeachment since you are the only person in the country who has the legal authority to start the indictment process. Quit trying to get someone else to do your job for you and getting mad at your own caucus for trying to move forward with it.

As for the Sanders part, saying that I **** on everyone but Sanders and the squad would be more impactful if the post you quoted didn't involve me ****ting on Sanders.

“I might be too uninformed to articulate a strategy but I’m going to s*** on them from a position of ignorance anyway.”  Literally what you just said.

Your fallback is always the “she called him a criminal” thing.  But that’s not what your post was about.  Just own up to it — you are trying to poison the well against non-leftist Dems.  

I don’t see you making half a dozen posts a day about Nadler, Cohen, or Maxine Waters and the stupid crap they’re pulling on the committee.  Oh right, I suppose Maxine Waters is a “radical centrist” now.  

If you’re too ignorant about basic congressional procedure to say how you would do things differently then perhaps you shouldn’t be so obnoxiously loud at criticizing people who DO know enough about it to know why your ideas are horse s***.  Just a thought.

22 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

No, you s*** on any Dem that isn’t Bernie Sanders or the Squad in an effort to continuously poison the well.  Your tactics are patently obvious.  You’re not even being subtle anymore.

And every time this subject comes up I ask you the same thing — what is the next step after they open an impeachment inquiry?  You and others consistently say, “well I don’t know.”  

So YOU have no strategy or plan other than to s*** on Dems to poison the well.  That’s not “realistic”.  And the crap you’ve proposed isn’t feasible or realistic.  It’s, again, s***ing on Dems like Pelosi for no reason other than to s*** on her.  

But hey, let’s play this round yet again.  What is YOUR plan?  Put up or shut up time.  Stop b****ing and p***ing and moaning.  Tell us your strategy for removing Trump from office.

He still dont realize it's been their tactic since his election hoping there was something actually impeachable and its gone to far to just say ok there wasnt. Now they just have to keep repeating it until something does happen and even then they have to have enough tangible evidence to pull the trigger because the loss of an impeachment at this point would be so crippling to 2020 dems might lose the house.  

6 minutes ago, Wokezone said:

He still dont realize it's been their tactic since his election hoping there was something actually impeachable and its gone to far to just say ok there wasnt. Now they just have to keep repeating it until something does happen and even then they have to have enough tangible evidence to pull the trigger because the loss of an impeachment at this point would be so crippling to 2020 dems might lose the house.  

There are definitely impeachable offenses in the Mueller report.  Several of them.  With regards to the Ukraine conversation, we don’t know if he committed bribery or some other crime yet.  We have to wait until all the evidence comes out.

HolyMoses likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

“I might be too uninformed to articulate a strategy but I’m going to s*** on them from a position of ignorance anyway.”  Literally what you just said.

Your fallback is always the “she called him a criminal” thing.  But that’s not what your post was about.  Just own up to it — you are trying to poison the well against non-leftist Dems.  

I don’t see you making half a dozen posts a day about Nadler, Cohen, or Maxine Waters and the stupid crap they’re pulling on the committee.  Oh right, I suppose Maxine Waters is a “radical centrist” now.  

If you’re too ignorant about basic congressional procedure to say how you would do things differently then perhaps you shouldn’t be so obnoxiously loud at criticizing people who DO know enough about it to know why your ideas are horse s***.  Just a thought.

Do people need to know every detail about something before they can have an opinion on it?

Mm, no... That seems to be exactly what that post was about. Pelosi saying that Trump was being super dangerous and treading dangerous waters for himself and then me mocking her empty saber rattling by pointing out her previous dumb comments. She keeps saying he needs to be held to account but refuses to do it even though she's the only person who can move that process forward. It's tiring and deserves mockery. Not going to apologize for that.

Going to end this with the radical centrism thing since it has very clearly stuck in your craw and you can't let what you think it means go:

That isn't a term I made up to dial up making fun of centrists up to 11. Radical centrism is an actual ideology with international power brokers. Trudeau and Macron are influenced heavily by it and is why radical centrists label them as such which, in turn, is why I label them as such. AFAIK there aren't any current prominent American politicians that can be labeled as such.

Stan Grossman likes this

1 hour ago, Wokezone said:

So it's an eternal boogy man and no matter what is always an immediate threat even when it's actually statistically not even in the top 90% of issues you'll ever actually face in life as a threat. 

Ruby Bridges is only 65, ffs.

A couple things:

1. Saudi Arabia is pathetic af. Spends untold fortunes on military equipment yet still needs us to protect them from a rag tag militia in Yemen since they figured out how to cover drones in high explosives.

2. The last time we did this it led to the creation of al-Qaeda.

mdrake34 likes this

13 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Do people need to know every detail about something before they can have an opinion on it?

Oh cool, so that’s how this works.  

Medicare for All sucks and is stupid and will never pass.  

I’m sure you take my opinion very seriously.

1 hour ago, Wokezone said:

So it's an eternal boogy man and no matter what is always an immediate threat even when it's actually statistically not even in the top 90% of issues you'll ever actually face in life as a threat. 

Would you have the same opinion if there were militant black supremacist groups actively targeting white people with violence and shootings? What if law enforcement did little to stop it and prominent black supremacists were recorded saying they have judges and powerful people in their pocket? Not calling you racist btw, just asking a question about your perspective because white supremacy has deep systemic roots that your totally not made up talking point “statistical argument” here doesn’t even touch.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Would you have the same opinion if there were militant black supremacist groups actively targeting white people with violence and shootings? What if law enforcement did little to stop it and prominent black supremacists were recorded saying they have judges and powerful people in their pocket? Not calling you racist btw, just asking a question about your perspective because white supremacy has deep systemic roots that your totally not made up talking point “statistical argument” here doesn’t even touch.

Dude said Catholics deserved the discrimination they saw in the first century or so of the United States over what was done during the reformation and wars of religion in Europe centuries prior. Somehow that makes perfect sense but white supremacy in this country is no big deal.

Carter likes this

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Quoting the Hillary campaign now. smh

Sanders couldn’t beat Clinton.  He definitely can’t be Trump.  

Persuasive, right?

9 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Sanders couldn’t beat Clinton.  He definitely can’t be Trump.  

Persuasive, right?

This is a really terrible response to what he said. 

Can Acuna please just hit singles and steal bases? There are only 7 games left and he needs 3 steals. 

So, I generally like Frenchy as an announcer. Not that he’s the most insightful, or that he’s up-to-date with all the modern statistics, but he has a good energy. I particularly like that anytime BMac hits a homerun, Frenchy does the whole “Time for the most exciting two minutes in baseball. Enjoy.”

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

I'm old enough to remember Conservatives freaking out about a candidate possibly getting dirt on another candidate from outside the US.

Apparently it's okay if it's they do with while they're POTUS though.

Pretty sure Killary paid A LOT less than $250 million for the Steele Dossier. I thought he negotiated the best deals? 

Sad!