Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

40,735 posts in this topic

Just now, Wokezone said:

Huh?

it's on two levels - i think there's a serious level of hubris in believing that we aren't capable of severely harming this planet's capacity for human habitation, regardless of your religious belief. 

and the talk about about the rest of the industrializing world is just feels like passing the buck on what is ultimately our responsibility:

UKHUDB6.png

oxfam_carbon_inequality.png

35 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I take it you've never been in a smoker's house. 

Grew up in one, both parents. Tar on the walls, smoke in my clothes when I went to school. Had sinus issues because of it. My mother died of lung cancer. 

So yeah, I've been in smoker's houses before. Trouble is, 80% of the kids grew up in those homes over a half century ago.

We"re smarter now and I never picked up the habit because. I know his to learn from things. Something that cannot be said for many Lemmings today.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Grew up in one, both parents. Tar on the walls, smoke in my clothes when I went to school. Had sinus issues because of it.

Consider the walls of the house as our atmosphere and the smoke in your clothes and sinus as CO2. 

14 minutes ago, Lou Getchell said:

Like, not that I believe any **** thing about this, and you are about as uniformed about the state of the environment as anyone, but why the **** should it matter whether Congress can control it?  "Hey kids!  Yeah, we're rapidly heading toward a climate that will present untold challenges for you, destabilize populations and governments, contribute to wars and famine and lack of potable drinking water, force millions of climate refugees to flee their homes, cause the spread of subtropical diseases and further exacerbate the extinction problem, and reshape our coastlines in unimaginable ways.  But the good news is, Congress can't control it so there's no need to be alarmed!"

Soon as I read uninformed I stopped. Sorry I didn't grow up in the "alarmists" caused by our politicians generation. 

You know, create a crisis and then tell the Lemmings the need us "politicians" to fix the crisis.

How long has your buddy Biden been telling you he would fix something for you?  50 years?

Go ahead and fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

TERM LIMITS...because I've evolved 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

How long has your buddy Biden been telling you he would fix something for you?  50 years?

Literally no one here likes Biden.

18 minutes ago, achilles return said:

it's on two levels - i think there's a serious level of hubris in believing that we aren't capable of severely harming this planet's capacity for human habitation, regardless of your religious belief. 

and the talk about about the rest of the industrializing world is just feels like passing the buck on what is ultimately our responsibility:

UKHUDB6.png

oxfam_carbon_inequality.png

1. I stated we are very capable of making it unpleasant. The scriptures teach we can not and will not destroy it.  It says nothing concerning making it and polluted, unpleasant, and sickening.

2. That's not to say we shouldn't go green because we should. Only that it will not stop whatever is going to happen from happening. In the big picture of climate change. Theres simply no way to eliminate fossil fuels. I mean its just not possible right now at all. 

4 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Consider the walls of the house as our atmosphere and the smoke in your clothes and sinus as CO2. 

We've done a magnificent job cleaning up our country in my lifetime and we're getting better at it every year.  

China, India, Russia, not so much. There is so much more we could do for the planet/people than going down this rabbit hole.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Soon as I read uninformed I stopped. Sorry I didn't grow up in the "alarmists" caused by our politicians generation. 

You know, create a crisis and then tell the Lemmings the need us "politicians" to fix the crisis.

Go ahead and fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

TERM LIMITS...because I've evolved 

:lol: huh?

mdrake34 likes this

2 minutes ago, Wokezone said:

We all just gonna sit here and pretend the navy didnt confirm aliens.

It's not as weird to think about if you never started with the assumption that we're the highest organic intelligence in the universe.

3 minutes ago, Wokezone said:

1. I stated we are very capable of making it unpleasant. The scriptures teach we can not and will not destroy it.  It says nothing concerning making it and polluted, unpleasant, and sickening.

2. That's not to say we shouldn't go green because we should. Only that it will not stop whatever is going to happen from happening. In the big picture of climate change. Theres simply no way to eliminate fossil fuels. I mean its just not possible right now at all. 

what's "it" here? no one is suggesting we can destroy the planet, merely our capacity to survive on it. 

and it remains extremely dangerous to suggest that we can't. bringing up "scripture" is deeply unhelpful, at best. it can only lead to hubris. 

Stan Grossman likes this

4 minutes ago, Wokezone said:

We all just gonna sit here and pretend the navy didnt confirm aliens.

They didn't confirm aliens, they confirmed there are unidentified flying objects they can't explain. 

SpongeDad likes this

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

what's "it" here? no one is suggesting we can destroy the planet, merely our capacity to survive on it. 

and it remains extremely dangerous to suggest that we can't. bringing up "scripture" is deeply unhelpful, at best. it can only lead to hubris. 

It's the Christian perspective nothing to do with hubris

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

They didn't confirm aliens, they confirmed there are unidentified flying objects they can't explain. 

alens.jpg

Just now, SpongeDad said:

using a 1,500 year old book to argue CO2 emissions.

tenor.gif

You think scriptures are only 1500?