Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

43,179 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

tenor.gif

Between the hilarity of that happening and your pooh bear dying I'm laughing way too hard.

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Dixie Chicks too.  On top of their game, completely shut down for voicing opposition for a war based on lies.

I think it was the fact they were overseas bashing the u.s rather than their opposition.  But either way yeah they were canceled

For my part I am teaching young people that we want a clean environment. We want and are cleaning up our water and air to become pollution neutral. That's all great. 

But I also don't want them to be scared of climate change, not to be alarmed about something Congress cannot control.

I advised the we should be alarmed about something the Congress can control, and that is the fiscal climate.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We want and are cleaning up our water and air to become pollution neutral. That's all great.

Well it's a good thing your cult leader is undoing all of Obama's clean water and air regulations. 

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

But I also don't want them to be scared of climate change

I take it you've never been in a smoker's house. 

12 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

a drone is capable of doing it all

****, my pimped out WRX can do that!

what you aren't understanding is what I'm saying...

Amazon? They have price constraints. They want to make a buck, and have to do it within budget.

The Military? Dude, the Sky is the limit. There is no limit. Drones can do it.

FIFY

edit . . . sorry, I got @Sn4tteRBoxXeR confused with @Optimus_Cr1m35

SpongeDad likes this

Gen 8 22

While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”

that's not to say there we cant maken problems for ourselves or that we cant make it unpleasant summers and winters. Only that they will continue.  But wfw is right as long as russia, china, middle east and the rest of the world is pumping out emissions like its 1999 it doesnt matter what we do in the big picture. But locally we can do a ton of things to not live in pollution and filth here in the US regardless of what the world does. 

3 minutes ago, Wokezone said:

Gen 8 22

While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”

that's not to say there we cant maken problems for ourselves or that we cant make it unpleasant summers and winters. Only that they will continue.  But wfw is right as long as russia, china, middle east and the rest of the world is pumping out emissions like its 1999 it doesnt matter what we do in the big picture. But locally we can do a ton of things to not live in pollution and filth here in the US regardless of what the world does. 

this response comes across as insanely dangerous to me. 

Stan Grossman likes this

15 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Libby is complaining about <5k in premiums. Saying it is a lot of money. She also supports M4All, which would raise a similar amount in taxes.

This is a major problem for any healthcare plan the reveals how insane our healthcare spending it. You are going from a situation where people do not know the true cost to one where they will. Sure they will be saving money, but they do not know that because they have never known the true cost. 

Walker has a good article on this dilemma. 

I gotcha.

It's just frustrating. At the last bank I was at, I had insurance through them. The HR Director and I were pretty good friends, and she had some projects that I had to help her with. The info was a bit privileged, so I couldn't pass it on to my team. She basically was breaking down the cost of each employee, at each level, and how much we spent on them. The company's insurance premium on each was astronomical. For me, I paid some $600/month, but the company paid like $16k a year.

Costs are through the roof, but as stated, no one understands the real cost.

28 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

For my part I am teaching young people that we want a clean environment. We want and are cleaning up our water and air to become pollution neutral. That's all great. 

But I also don't want them to be scared of climate change, not to be alarmed about something Congress cannot control.

I advised the we should be alarmed about something the Congress can control, and that is the fiscal climate.

Like, not that I believe any **** thing about this, and you are about as uniformed about the state of the environment as anyone, but why the **** should it matter whether Congress can control it?  "Hey kids!  Yeah, we're rapidly heading toward a climate that will present untold challenges for you, destabilize populations and governments, contribute to wars and famine and lack of potable drinking water, force millions of climate refugees to flee their homes, cause the spread of subtropical diseases and further exacerbate the extinction problem, and reshape our coastlines in unimaginable ways.  But the good news is, Congress can't control it so there's no need to be alarmed!"