Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

52,232 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Here's the thing that no one seems to be worried about;  "I have no obligation to be honest with the media . . . "  (He actually continued that it was because the media isn't honest . . .)

He was NOT being dishonest with the MEDIA!!!!.  

HE WAS BEING DISHONEST TO THE AUDIENCE.  

HE WAS BEING DISHONEST TO AMERICA.

It's not that no one's worried about that in particular, it's that we depend on the media to make sense of a constant stream of political news, and both the politicians and the pundit shows use that dependence to further their own agendas. So now the people that run CNN don't care that they're validating Trump's war on the media, because they want controversy as bad as Trump does. So yeah, he was being dishonest with America, but it feels like they all are. And if CNN wants controversy so much they don't even care about how bad it looks to keep putting this guy in front of a camera, then they're telling us that we're saps if we trust them as much as they say we can. 

6 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

My only hope is that the billionaire sex cabals kill us before the aliens do

I read billionaires sex cannibals lol. I was like I think I'll take my chances with the aliens lol. 

Edited by Wokezone

10 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

The Saudis keep screwing up their false flags. 

Like I said in one of the old threads, they’re the dumbest hereditary monarchy in operation.

When you can throw oil and massive amounts of money at ****, you gain their skewed perceptions.

13 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

The Saudis keep screwing up their false flags. 

Like I said in one of the old threads, they’re the dumbest hereditary monarchy in operation.

Doesn't matter, we're still pretending they're right

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

When you can throw oil and massive amounts of money at ****, you gain their skewed perceptions.

Ugh. I'm so sick of dealing with the middle east. The sooner we move to green energy the better. 

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Trump threatening nuclear war to own the libs.

I have never seen an Administration chomping at the bit to go to war with another country since Vietnam.

32 minutes ago, Serge said:

It's not that no one's worried about that in particular, it's that we depend on the media to make sense of a constant stream of political news, and both the politicians and the pundit shows use that dependence to further their own agendas. So now the people that run CNN don't care that they're validating Trump's war on the media, because they want controversy as bad as Trump does. So yeah, he was being dishonest with America, but it feels like they all are. And if CNN wants controversy so much they don't even care about how bad it looks to keep putting this guy in front of a camera, then they're telling us that we're saps if we trust them as much as they say we can. 

He, maybe you, are acting as though the "media" isn't culpable for most of this?  It's high time they got called out for it. When they finally report something positive about Trump it will be on or 8% of the time they've done it since he announced.  

I think America longs for a fair and balanced media. I can tell you it hasn't been that way for a longtime. Trump is the first Republican POTUS that has called them out on it. Praise Jesus that finally, a GOP politician, has a backbone and doesn't let the fake/scm run roughshod over them. 

Red&Black likes this

14 minutes ago, Statick said:

I have never seen an Administration chomping at the bit to go to war with another country since Vietnam.

You forgot about Iraq? Bush

You forgot about Syria? Obama 

I mean... bro cmon

First they said the refinery damage was from a drone attack, now they’re saying it was from short range ballistic missiles from Iranian territory.  We need more real intel.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He, maybe you, are acting as though the "media" isn't culpable for most of this?  It's high time they got called out for it. When they finally report something positive about Trump it will be on or 8% of the time they've done it since he announced.  

I think America longs for a fair and balanced media. I can tell you it hasn't been that way for a longtime. Trump is the first Republican POTUS that has called them out on it. Praise Jesus that finally, a GOP politician, has a backbone and doesn't let the fake/scm run roughshod over them. 

How the **** am I acting like the media isn't culpable? I became this thread's primary villain arguing, in part, that CNN and MSNBC were knowingly participating in helping Trump get out from under the Russia investigation. I think I literally called CNN the devil in one of the old Trump threads.

Your problem is, you don't want to hear that Trump and the liberal cable news networks are and have been knowingly helping each other, because when he's exacerbating the worst qualities of the liberal media, he's also giving them viewers and moral authority they don't deserve just for being able to criticize outwardly bizarre behavior.

And you ******* idiots think Trump's gonna nail this president thing so hard you'll all be vindicated for supporting a guy who spends every day thinking of more quasi-ambiguously racist things he could say or do to get the media riled up again. No, people are gonna hate y'all just like they hate people who love Bill Maher and say so. You're going to spend the rest of your life trying to convince people you're not racist. Hatred for the media isn't going to turn into forgiveness for supporting the Trump administration all the way through.

Gritzblitz 2.0, mdrake34 and Carter like this

Imagine how truly unreflective a Trump guy has to be to look at criticism of the media and think the problem with it is that it doesn't locate 100% of the culpability for the current political climate on the media. They can brush it off all they want, he is their Jesus Christ. He is the single being incapable of sin.

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Castro's attacks on Biden seem to have backfired as we get more post debate polling. 

So... and this has nothing to do with my stance on who I want to win... I don't trust this poll as far as I can throw it. Here's my reasoning...

Every other poll shows different results, with none showing Mayor Pete even sniffing 10%. Every other poll shows Klobachar at or below 3-5%. Also, they explained the methodology as basically "We called 500 people that we chose". They didn't explain what they actually asked. They didn't explain who the asked the questions that we don't know were asked.

This is why polling is such nonsense. This poll, conducted by a 501c, was picked up by the Hill, Politico, etc, but there is no way to actually look at the data, since they don't actually provide it...

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

Imagine how truly unreflective a Trump guy has to be to look at criticism of the media and think the problem with it is that it doesn't locate 100% of the culpability for the current political climate on the media. They can brush it off all they want, he is their Jesus Christ. He is the single being incapable of sin.

The problems with the media started long before Trump. Fox news went far to the right of protecting Republicans under Bush. CNN moved left trying to protect Clinton but went far left under Obama.  And both have painted ther

other side not as political opponents  but evil villians ever since

10 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

So... and this has nothing to do with my stance on who I want to win... I don't trust this poll as far as I can throw it. Here's my reasoning...

Every other poll shows different results, with none showing Mayor Pete even sniffing 10%. Every other poll shows Klobachar at or below 3-5%. Also, they explained the methodology as basically "We called 500 people that we chose". They didn't explain what they actually asked. They didn't explain who the asked the questions that we don't know were asked.

This is why polling is such nonsense. This poll, conducted by a 501c, was picked up by the Hill, Politico, etc, but there is no way to actually look at the data, since they don't actually provide it...

Meh. Multiple polls have shown Castro decline after the debate performance. This isn't the first. I posted 538s net fav decline a few days ago. People who watched the debate didn't like what he did. 

12 minutes ago, Wokezone said:

The problems with the media started long before Trump. Fox news went far to the right of protecting Republicans under Bush. CNN moved left trying to protect Clinton but went far left under Obama.  And both have painted ther

other side not as political opponents  but evil villians ever since

And Trump people think Trump's going to fix that by making the media such a daily horror show that people tune out completely. America's gotten a lot more dystopian the last couple years and there's plenty of blame to go around without insisting that Trump's WWE-style fight against the media absolves him of anything and everything anyone in the media says about him, which is exactly what wfw wants to do there.