Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

50,430 posts in this topic

1st Dem to win a statewide seat in AZ in ages is getting censured because she isn't progressive enough. Goodness. Dems will implode without any help necessary from Trump. 

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

1 hour ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

You ever heard of Andy Kaufman?

So you're gonna challenge her to a wrestling match?

Jerry Lawler must be notified.

9 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

So because management could take away those benefits, It is better for the government to take away union members ability to have "One of the Best Plans in the country" as a benefit? 

Seems to me a better solution would be having a Public Option as an alternative that members can switch to, so they can keep their amazing plans AND not be affected by Management tactics. 

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

So because management could take away those benefits, It is better for the government to take away union members ability to have "One of the Best Plans in the country" as a benefit? 

Seems to me a better solution would be having a Public Option as an alternative that members can switch to, so they can keep their amazing plans AND not be affected by Management tactics. 

She's the president of the AFA-CWA. I think she's fully aware of how ******** that argument is.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

She's the president of the AFA-CWA. I think she's fully aware of how ******** that argument is.

She is also someone with aspirations of moving up to AFL-CIO president and wants to use her left-wing connections to do so. How many DSA meets has she been to. 

Also if she knows as much, then why did Bernie promise that union members could keep their benefits AFTER her claims? 

Sanders Is Trying to Have It Both Ways on Union Health Care

JON WALKER

AUGUST 22, 2019

He claims that Medicare for All will be comprehensive with no duplicative insurance. But he promises unions that they can have something extra.

https://prospect.org/article/sanders-trying-have-it-both-ways-on-union-health-care

It ain't adding up. 

6 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

She is also someone with aspirations of moving up to AFL-CIO president and wants to use her left-wing connections to do so. How many DSA meets has she been to. 

Also if she knows as much, then why did Bernie promise that union members could keep their benefits AFTER her claims? 

It ain't adding up. 

She's a union leader so she knows how important healthcare coverage is and how much an impact it has in labor negotiation. That's especially the case during strikes since employers can rescind coverage during that time to add pressure on the workers, as she alluded to there with UAW members no longer being covered during their strike. But easier to ignore that aspect of why M4A would increase the power of labor by taking all that off the table and attack the messenger for being too ambitious (lol).

I recall @achilles return already addressing the second half of that so I'm not going to bother with it.

49 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

1st Dem to win a statewide seat in AZ in ages is getting censured because she isn't progressive enough. Goodness. Dems will implode without any help necessary from Trump. 

Dems, dayum the politics, full speed partisan hackery ahead.

Good for Sinema, she has some common sense. 

15 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

It ain't adding up. 

Dems are used to lying about healthcare and what they'll give you. God help us if they ever get M4A.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

She's a union leader so she knows how important healthcare coverage is and how much an impact it has in labor negotiation. That's especially the case during strikes since employers can rescind coverage during that time to add pressure on the workers, as she alluded to there. But easier to ignore that aspect of why M4A would increase the power of labor by taking all that off the table and attack the messenger for being too ambitious (lol).

I recall @achilles return already addressing the second half of that so I'm not going to bother with it.

It isn't an aspect of M4All, but having an alternative system to rely on. Right now there isn't an alternative system. Obamacare doesn't provide subsidies for people with ESI. Having a robust public option with subsidies available to all would solve this problem as well. Like Beto would say, you are creating a false choice. 

Kamala's M4All would also solve the issues for employers using stripping healthcare as a negotiation tactic. 

Let us also note that this is the first strike in over a decade. Strikes are not common. You want to take away people's hard fought benefit and prevent them from getting it again because management COULD take it away. Plus the union is already saying they will cover the COBRA, so no one is losing health insurance either. 

You can check the tapes. AR never addressed it. He tried to respond to NLRB portion but ignored that I was focusing on the union clinics portion of Bernie's claim. Union Clinics cannot exist in an M4All system. 

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

It isn't an aspect of M4All, but having an alternative system to rely on. Right now there isn't an alternative system. Obamacare doesn't provide subsidies for people with ESI. Having a robust public option with subsidies available to all would solve this problem as well. Like Beto would say, you are creating a false choice. 

Kamala's M4All would also solve the issues for employers using stripping healthcare as a negotiation tactic. 

Let us also note that this is the first strike in over a decade. Strikes are not common. You want to take away people's hard fought benefit and prevent them from getting it again because management COULD take it away. Plus the union is already saying they will cover the COBRA, so no one is losing health insurance either. 

You can check the tapes. AR never addressed it. He tried to respond to NLRB portion but ignored that I was focusing on the union clinics portion of Bernie's claim. Union Clinics cannot exist in an M4All system. 

That is one part of it. Another part, as I mentioned, is that healthcare negotiations take a lot of oxygen out of the room. Removing that from the board, since everyone will be covered already which will be completely divorced from their employer, will provide unions more breathing room to focus on wages, work environment concerns, and other benefits during their negotiations.

COBRA will ultimately cost them twice as much. It isn't a solution.

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

That is one part of it. Another part, as I mentioned, is that healthcare negotiations take a lot of oxygen out of the room. Removing that from the board, since everyone will be covered already which will be completely divorced from their employer, will provide unions more breathing room to focus on wages, work environment concerns, and other benefits during their negotiations.

COBRA will ultimately cost them twice as much. It isn't a solution.

Ignoring the fact that Medicare 4 America and KamalaCare would also be able to do that, Bernie has expectly stated that unions could negotiate wrap around services, so it wouldn't be removed from the board completely. 

Cobra sucks because healthcare costs suck.  We need to cut down how much we pay Doctors, Hospitals, Drug Companies, etc. 

Gafan and pg 

both of your ideas are better than what we have now.

i haven’t cared which of you won... just stop the madness of this current system.

8 hours ago, Carter said:

I didn't know you were working for me? You are now posting things for me I didn't post, but I don't have you on my payroll.