Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

51,189 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

If they don't have that support at this point, they aren't getting it. The undecideds aren't going to hop on with someone polling at ~5%. Harris' highest poll is around 7% at this point. That goose is cooked. Pete is around 5%. Booker is at 2%. Klobachar is 1%. Beto is anywhere between 1 and 5%. Yang's highest is 5%.

My gut is that they are hoping for a major gaffe from one of the leading candidates. Frankly, that's most likely to be Biden (which would benefit Bernie since Biden's voter have him most often listed as 2nd choice), but I could see Warren stumbling a bit (remember, I like Warren). Her interview with Charlamange wasn't great (I know a lot of people didn't watch it so it's minimally impacting, but if she gets stumped by a DJ, she's liable to have other issues...). She's stumbled before (DNA test).

If one of the big 3 have a really, really bad fall, the outliers might pick up something, but my gut is telling me that it's going to be Warren or Sanders.

I disagree. The season just started. Plenty of time to build support. Not everyone is obsessed with politics like us. Most polls I have seen still have above 50% of Dem voters not locked into their choice. Some campaigns need more work than others, but still plenty of debates and time left.  That 4th candidates only needs to be around 12-15% to have a chance. If Biden loses IA, his floor will fall beneath him and support drop like a rock. Cannot be the electability candidate and lose.

I hope the Orange man doesn't decide to fight Iran for Saudi. Saudi has bought F15 and F16 from us they are more then capable of hitting Iran oil facilities in retaliation.

Not sure why it isn't letting me quote @GEORGIAfan...

See, I see it the other way. While it's true that someone like Biden losing bad could lead to his voters dispersing to the lesser candidates like Booker or Beto, I think they go straight to the top few. For example, with Biden voters, 27% have Bernie as the 2nd choice, 15% had Harris, and 9% had Warren. (this was in February...)

27 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I disagree. The season just started. Plenty of time to build support. Not everyone is obsessed with politics like us. Most polls I have seen still have above 50% of Dem voters not locked into their choice. Some campaigns need more work than others, but still plenty of debates and time left.  That 4th candidates only needs to be around 12-15% to have a chance. If Biden loses IA, his floor will fall beneath him and support drop like a rock. Cannot be the electability candidate and lose.

I can multiquote him, can't do it the regular way.

I blame Hillary.

lostone likes this

35 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

It's a great point to make, but there's a much more fundamental one that's getting lost as well...

Why should anyone believe what Trump says about Iran/Saudi Arabia?  Trump has lied so many times, so blatlantly and flagrantly, that everything he says is automatically suspect.  There is not a single reason to believe him when he blames Iran.  None.

And given his behavior regarding NOAA during Hurricane Dorian, we can't trust many things coming from the government either.  Trump has shown that he will order his agencies to outright lie to the public about even basic facts like the track of a hurricane.  He d*** sure would order his agencies to lie about Iran's involvement.

So where does that leave us?  Trump is a liar and cannot be trust.  Trump has ordered his agencies to lie on his behalf and they cannot be trusted.  And the Saudi's have lied repeatedly (see Kashoggi) and Trump has repeated their lies.  At this point, there is zero reason to believe that Iran was involved.  

This is the problem with a major party electing a congenital liar and fundamentally dishonest person as the President of the United States.  Trump's lies have consequences.

AF89, HolyMoses and mdrake34 like this

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It's a great point to make, but there's a much more fundamental one that's getting lost as well...

Why should anyone believe what Trump says about Iran/Saudi Arabia?  Trump has lied so many times, so blatlantly and flagrantly, that everything he says is automatically suspect.  There is not a single reason to believe him when he blames Iran.  None.

And given his behavior regarding NOAA during Hurricane Dorian, we can't trust many things coming from the government either.  Trump has shown that he will order his agencies to outright lie to the public about even basic facts like the track of a hurricane.  He d*** sure would order his agencies to lie about Iran's involvement.

So where does that leave us?  Trump is a liar and cannot be trust.  Trump has ordered his agencies to lie on his behalf and they cannot be trusted.  And the Saudi's have lied repeatedly (see Kashoggi) and Trump has repeated their lies.  At this point, there is zero reason to believe that Iran was involved.  

This is the problem with a major party electing a congenital liar and fundamentally dishonest person as the President of the United States.  Trump's lies have consequences.

This is going to be one of the biggest tests for Senate Republicans.  You have ****head warhawks like Graham and Rubio, but does McConnell really want another war?  Whether Mitch is going to let him lead us into this may be the biggest thing to watch.

They lied about crowd size the first week.  Like 2 1/2 weeks in they released the bogus list of terrorist attacks the media didn't report.  They'll lie and say anything if this is what MBS Trump wants.  They won't even attempt the deception they used for Iraq. 

I really hope this is just another case of Trump purposefully breaking something, "fixing" it, and then taking credit for "fixing" it.  Which is a ridiculous hope to have, but with millions of lives on the line it's best case scenario. 

Leon Troutsky, AF89 and Serge like this

Just when you think everything is quiet on the Trump criminal front, NBC News breaking this story @ 4:30 PM. In addition they stated Michael Cohen is actively assisting in this probe. He already pled guilty for consummating the act at Trump's request. :munch:

The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office has sent a grand jury subpoena to President Donald Trump’s accounting firm to get his tax returns and corporate tax returns for the past 8 years, a person with direct knowledge of the matter tells NBC News. The subpoena, first reported by the New York Times, stems from the criminal investigation into the Trump Organization about payments made to two women who have alleged affairs with the President.

Legal experts with such requests says that the subpoena will likely focus not just on the tax returns but will likely also ask for the underlying documents used to generate the tax returns such as bank statements, expense statements, and other financial documents. The subpoena was served on Mazars USA, which prepares the President’s tax returns. A representative for Mazars USA said that as "a matter of firm policy and professional rules we do not comment on the work we conduct for our clients," but the company "will respect the legal process and fully comply with its legal obligations."

2 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Just when you think everything is quiet on the Trump criminal front, NBC News breaking this story @ 4:30 PM

The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office has sent a grand jury subpoena to President Donald Trump’s accounting firm to get his tax returns and corporate tax returns for the past 8 years, a person with direct knowledge of the matter tells NBC News. The subpoena, first reported by the New York Times, stems from the criminal investigation into the Trump Organization about payments made to two women who have alleged affairs with the President.

Legal experts with such requests says that the subpoena will likely focus not just on the tax returns but will likely also ask for the underlying documents used to generate the tax returns such as bank statements, expense statements, and other financial documents. The subpoena was served on Mazars USA, which prepares the President’s tax returns. A representative for Mazars USA said that as "a matter of firm policy and professional rules we do not comment on the work we conduct for our clients," but the company "will respect the legal process and fully comply with its legal obligations."

lostone and AF89 like this

5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

If you want a perfect encapsulation of American foreign policy post-WW2 then this is it.

We actively facilitated the Saudi crimes against humanity in Yemen for no real reason and do nothing to make it stop. However, the moment the Yemenis that the Saudis are fighting hit them where they (and we) hurt then you get this kind of reaction.

What a joke we are.

53 minutes ago, Brehus said:

I hope the Orange man doesn't decide to fight Iran for Saudi. Saudi has bought F15 and F16 from us they are more then capable of hitting Iran oil facilities in retaliation.

The Saudi's F-15SA's are more advanced than than ANY of the F-15's  (F-15C or F-15E) in the US inventory!!!  Saudi Arabia needs to fight this one without getting the US involved!

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Though it is really funny how much money Saudi Arabia has spent on military equipment to fight the rag tag army that is the Houthis and, years later, still have little to show for it besides war crimes. The Houthis, by comparison, figured out a way to use some cheap drones to punch the Saudis in the balls.

22 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

This is going to be one of the biggest tests for Senate Republicans.  You have ****head warhawks like Graham and Rubio, but does McConnell really want another war?  Whether Mitch is going to let him lead us into this may be the biggest thing to watch.

They lied about crowd size the first week.  Like 2 1/2 weeks in they released the bogus list of terrorist attacks the media didn't report.  They'll lie and say anything if this is what MBS Trump wants.  They won't even attempt the deception they used for Iraq. 

I really hope this is just another case of Trump purposefully breaking something, "fixing" it, and then taking credit for "fixing" it.  Which is a ridiculous hope to have, but with millions of lives on the line it's best case scenario. 

I hope that's the case, too, but I wouldn't put it beneath Trump to start the war right before the election. He'd say Iran started it and the Democrats made it inevitable, and vote for him or the Democrat to deal with em. 

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and mdrake34 like this

57 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Can anyone quote Georgiafan? I can't either.

What did you do to the system you robot?

I have mod powers now.  I'm trying to fix it where if you try to quote him, you end up pulling old quotes from saturday.

The fake chick, not the day.

I'd have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.

16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Though it is really funny how much money Saudi Arabia has spent on military equipment to fight the rag tag army that is the Houthis and, years later, still have little to show for it besides war crimes. The Houthis, by comparison, figured out a way to use some cheap drones to punch the Saudis in the balls.

A smart fellow on Television the other day said the Saudis are terrible soldiers, which makes sense, in my view, given their luxurious lifestyles and self-centeredness.

24 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

big dog is going to become a huge Bolton fan

if he doesn't then someone else will have egg on their face

37 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

This is going to be one of the biggest tests for Senate Republicans.  You have ****head warhawks like Graham and Rubio, but does McConnell really want another war? 

Yes... he's driven by Russian business interests (in Kentucky) and China business interests (his wife's family). Both China and Russia want the US to go into another War.