Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

30,697 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Makaveli96 said:

This is the kind of stuff I was referring to earlier.

There has been a cultural shift toward acceptance of transgender people. Social conservatives have freaked the **** out over it, from whining about bathrooms to claiming they'll be imprisoned for misgendering people to setting up these camps that increase the likelihood of suicide (a la the gay conversion camps). You know what the right thing to do here is, to continue standing up for them so they can achieve the rights and liberties they deserve, yet some believe the way forward is to back off so the conservatives will stop freaking out because they think it's just the kids trying to be PC. That isn't it. It clearly isn't it. It's a matter of right vs. wrong.

Lou Getchell likes this

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

So the fighting between libs and the left that goes on anyway without Trump's input?

From your perspective it might be normal, but for a lot of people it's pretty exhausting when the left starts calling the Democratic Speaker of the House a disgusting racist who will defend the establishment over lifting a finger for anyone that actually cares about beating Trump, especially when Trump's very presence in the story elevates it to the top of the news.

6 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Does Trump want me to side with Eli Valley or Pelosi? Cause either way it gets me engaged, not disengaged.

My guess would be he wants people to be exhausted. You're not the type to be exhausted by this, because you're in the minority that loves political content and controversy.

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

From your perspective it might be normal, but for a lot of people it's pretty exhausting when the left starts calling the Democratic Speaker of the House a disgusting racist who will defend the establishment over lifting a finger for anyone that actually cares about beating Trump, especially when Trump's very presence in the story elevates it to the top of the news.

My guess would be he wants people to be exhausted. You're not the type to be exhausted by this, because you're in the minority that loves political content and controversy.

You say that like the left suddenly becoming vocal doesn't have to do with their own exhaustion of the direction the Dem establishment took the party.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

You say that like the left suddenly becoming vocal doesn't have to do with their own exhaustion of the direction the Dem establishment took the party.

Valley did that picture in response to the "send them back" stuff and what came after. Trump created the controversy and the left followed along, all the way to calling Pelosi a racist who would destroy the Squad before she did anything to Trump.

And that's where the far left is right now, arguing over whether Pelosi has a real plan to stop Trump, or if she's too weak, or even if she's tacitly defending him and the establishment by not pursuing impeachment (the "send them back" saga started right before the Mueller hearings).

You think your frustration with the Democrats is separate from your frustration with Trump, but Trump's always saying and doing things that make the left mad at the establishment for not doing more to fight him. And the left was talking about impeachment before it'd actually accomplish anything aside from wasting that shot on something that wouldn't bring him down.

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

Valley did that picture in response to the "send them back" stuff and what came after. Trump created the controversy and the left followed along, all the way to calling Pelosi a racist who would destroy the Squad before she did anything to Trump.

And that's where the far left is right now, arguing over whether Pelosi has a real plan to stop Trump, or if she's too weak, or even if she's tacitly defending him and the establishment by not pursuing impeachment (the "send them back" saga started right before the Mueller hearings).

You think your frustration with the Democrats is separate from your frustration with Trump, but Trump's always saying and doing things that make the left mad at the establishment for not doing more to fight him. And the left was talking about impeachment before it'd actually accomplish anything aside from wasting that shot on something that wouldn't bring him down.

It actually came after what set off that particular spike in the intra-party fighting where the Dems caved on concentration camp funding and the left, the squad in particular, very publicly criticized that. That is what is being referred to. Not Trump's comments that came later.

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I actually had a talk with my kids about this last week.  We go to church with some folks who, with all good intentions, take their kids outside and go for a walk or whatever when the kids are unruly.  What does this teach the kids?  Unwittingly, that if they don't want to sit still in church, they can go outside and go for a walk.  What behavior does it reinforce?  Acting up in church.

My kids rarely got taken out of church.  On those occasions when it happened, it was not pleasant for them.  As a result, they are among the most well behaved kids you will find, not only in church, but in school (before they were homeschooled), at the doctor's office, at my office, or wherever they may be where they have to sit and behave and not do the fun things they'd rather be doing.  And as a further result, I hardly ever have to discipline them in those settings.  When they grow up, they won't be one of those people talking on their cellphone during a movie, or being loud at the store, or whatever.  They learned to behave at an early age so I don't have to undertake the hard task of teaching them to behave at a later age.

Exactly, reminds me of the old Fram oil filter commercials, pay me now (setting the discipline tone early) pay me later, not reinforcing good behavior patterns that later lead to trouble.

As you I had great kids, they weren't Angel's, but they were dayum good kids an adults. 

That is not luck or happenstance, you have to put in the work like your have said. One of my sister's has had a terrible time with her 3 kids (now in their late 30s) and she told me a few years ago how lucky I was with my kids. I told her it wasn't luck, you actually have to be involved in raising them.

JDaveG likes this

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

I tried it out. All it did was form a **** spider web that I can't get off. I'm suing Griot's.

Image result for ruined paint on expensive cars

You're not using it right. And numbnuts, the bottle said do not use on red cars.

Big_Dog likes this

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It actually came after what set off that particular spike in the intra-party fighting where the Dems caved on concentration camp funding and the left, the squad in particular, very publicly criticized that. That is what is being referred to. Not Trump's comments that came later.

He posted the rant on the 14th, and Eli's picture was tweeted on the 15th. He did post a similar one before Trump's rant:

But you're right, Valley's Pelosi series started with another of the controversies Trump created, although Valley himself certainly seems to think the "send them back" controversy validates his perspective.

I mean, if you're keeping score, he got the Democrats to fight over whether or not they'd fund the child internment camps enough to keep all the kids alive, then he started a fight on Twitter explicitly between Pelosi and the Squad, by acting like he had to sympathize with Pelosi while the Democratic party aligned with the Squad. And he started the Twitter fight like a week before the Mueller hearings. He's evil, but he's the kind of evil that knows what he's doing and manipulates situations for intended results.

2 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Reminder that I got canceled out of the Marxist Trap Shack subreddit even though I get called a Jingoistic Looney Leftist on this board.

No, that’s not right. You’re a jingoistic chicken hawk sh*tlib.

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

I heard that cancel culture was going after Chappelle, in which case I’m siding with the middle aged comedians.

I'd like to side with Dave in the battle of Comedians v. Kids, but his new **** really is pretty weak in comparison to his old.  He just seems to be punching down way more than he used to with lazier material that goes for offensive without blending in the appropriate depth to make it worthwhile.