Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

30,697 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

This seems like a bigger concern to me...

Washington (CNN) In a previously undisclosed secret mission in 2017, the United States successfully extracted from Russia one of its highest-level covert sources inside the Russian government, multiple Trump administration officials with direct knowledge told CNN. 

A person directly involved in the discussions said that the removal of the Russian was driven, in part, by concerns that President Donald Trump and his administration repeatedly mishandled classified intelligence and could contribute to exposing the covert source as a spy.

The decision to carry out the extraction occurred soon after a May 2017 meeting in the Oval Office in which Trump discussed highly classified intelligence with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and then-Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak. The intelligence, concerning ISIS in Syria, had been provided by Israel.

The disclosure to the Russians by the President, though not about the Russian spy specifically, prompted intelligence officials to renew earlier discussions about the potential risk of exposure, according to the source directly involved in the matter.

At the time, then-CIA Director Mike Pompeo told other senior Trump administration officials that too much information was coming out regarding the covert source, known as an asset. An extraction, or "exfiltration" as such an operation is referred to by intelligence officials, is an extraordinary remedy when US intelligence believes an asset is in immediate danger.

2 hours ago, Boner said:

I disagree with me, too.  Einstein was a boss.  He was all smart and **** and he was funny.  He was also pretty good at marrying his cousin. 

Alabama Jew

Carter and mdrake34 like this

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

Who is more weird, sn8tter or r&b? 

R&B eats crayons and quotes the comments section of conservativetreehouse.com articles.

But ima lean hard toward Sn2tter on this one cuz I remember that dude asking us for advice on how to make a protest sign so he could go stand somewhere after Trump won in 2016. And he still talks about Russia all the time.

mdrake34, Billy Ocean and SpongeDad like this

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

R&B eats crayons and quotes the comments section of conservativetreehouse.com articles.

But ima lean hard toward Sn2tter on this one cuz I remember that dude asking us for advice on how to make a protest sign so he could go stand somewhere after Trump won in 2016. And he still talks about Russia all the time.

I don't know man, the Trump admin has pretty much fulfilled everything we thought it would, and he's not done yet

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

:lol:

If the ball is kicked in the endzone why do returners bring it out when you get the ball at the 25?  It is not often that the kick is returned that far, 

31 minutes ago, Carter said:

Good thing you responded to it with an image you had to search for then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was more of a response to Quinn not you, my man.

Carter likes this

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If the ball is kicked in the endzone why do returners bring it out when you get the ball at the 25?  It is not often that the kick is returned that far, 

I'd take the 25 every time

plus zero chance of fumbling

WhenFalconsWin likes this