Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,314 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Can we officially call these Christian extremist Terrorist groups? 

No. They’re white supremacist terrorists. Any feeble attempt to hide behind a false interpretation of the Christian Faith is just as incorrect as any radical Jihadist terrorist claiming that Islam justifies suicide bombings and beheadings. 

Call them what they are, domestic white supremacist terrorists. 

HolyMoses likes this

34 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

No. They’re white supremacist terrorists. Any feeble attempt to hide behind a false interpretation of the Christian Faith is just as incorrect as any radical Jihadist terrorist claiming that Islam justifies suicide bombings and beheadings. 

Call them what they are, domestic white supremacist terrorists. 

The problem is, we call the “other” guys Islamic so...

Why not call these guys What they “claim” to be like the others?

Door Gunner, HolyMoses and thofin21 like this

27 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The problem is, we call the “other” guys Islamic so...

Why not call these guys What they “claim” to be like the others?

Two wrongs never make a right. Lumping in radical jihadist terrorists with the billions of peaceful practicing Muslims is a tool used by the right to generate Islamaphobia that has caused untold damage. Are you advocating generating the same type of resentment to white Christians just because the other side does it? 

I reject both labels because they are harmful. Call them what they are, not what is convenient for your political college football team. 

If you think the ***  holes in those pictures are primarily motivated by their perverse interpretation of Christianity, and not by their deep seated bigotry, I’ve got some beach front property in Nebraska I’ll give you a great deal on. 

12 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Two wrongs never make a right. Lumping in radical jihadist terrorists with the billions of peaceful practicing Muslims is a tool used by the right to generate Islamaphobia that has caused untold damage. Are you advocating generating the same type of resentment to white Christians just because the other side does it? 

I reject both labels because they are harmful. Call them what they are, not what is convenient for your political college football team. 

If you think the ***  holes in those pictures are primarily motivated by their perverse interpretation of Christianity, and not by their deep seated bigotry, I’ve got some beach front property in Nebraska I’ll give you a great deal on. 

What I hate the most, is that they take small groups of A holes and try to paint an entire religion in their image. 

My whole point is that those radical groups are as out of step of the teachings as the same types of groups here. They both take a verse or passage that loosely agrees with their own human stance and twist it in a way to make it seem like it’s the way things should be.

every thing you just said can also be applied to those groups right here in America that just tend to not have same target of hate, but just as you stated it’s all wrong!

Dez getting cut is way more bizarre than a player retiring after years of dealing with significant injuries and surgeries.

Like I don’t get the “wtf this is so bizarre, what is he thinking” vibe at all here. People value money too much. Dude already has banked almost 100 million from his contracts alone, he has a Stanford degree and all the connections he will need to do whatever he wants after football. It’s incredibly hard or impossible to get your physical or mental health back once it goes to ****.

falconsd56, Stan Grossman and Serge like this

3 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Where is your humor?

Speaking for me personally, it wrinkles up and recedes into my body when I watch old liberals try to make funny memes.

mdrake34 likes this

Just now, Serge said:

Speaking for me personally, it wrinkles up and recedes into my body when I watch old liberals try to make funny memes.

Guess that's why they make Ford's and Chevy's.