Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

43,022 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/23/politics/patrick-byrne-maria-butina-fbi-relationship-cnntv/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2F

Byrne said he reported what he'd learned about Butina's mission in the US to the FBI, but that "they kept on dismissing it."

"It was so strange that I was thinking, it's almost like they're letting this can-o-scandal develop and someday they're going to shake it up and crack it and spray it all over the Republican Party," he said.

I hear you but why are you using duckduckgo here that is somewhat fishy partner

4 hours ago, achilles return said:

i'll never understand the cognitive dissonance that allows climate change deniers to believe that scientists are somehow materially predisposed towards conclusions based on "grant money" but never seem capable of extending the same suspicion to right-wing think-tanks funded by the petroleum industry.

I think a large portion of it had to do with the scientific sellout for Darwinism even when they knew it was not accurate which many are finally starting to admit Darwin got it wrong. But it'll be another generation probably before that really hits mainstream news and education facilities. 

Many of them think it's a denial of certain scriptures and the far out conclusions that it would be capable of destroying human life is an impossibility to religious people.

I tend to argue it from these perspectives:

Do you like pollution? No? Then support clean energy.

Yeah God is going to be the one to destroy the planet not man, but that doesnt mean we cant make it a rather unpleasant place to live. Remember acid rain? See Beijing's pollution problem etc...

I agree right now we can't get away from fossil fuels entirely but why not start implementing energy sources less likely to kill us and our children with cancer and who knows what else going forward. 

5 hours ago, Carter said:

lol Kevin got paid for this dumb ****.

I don't see what's wrong here. Isn't fossil fuel industry a stakeholder in the climate debate?

9 hours ago, achilles return said:

i'll never understand the cognitive dissonance that allows climate change deniers to believe that scientists are somehow materially predisposed towards conclusions based on "grant money" but never seem capable of extending the same suspicion to right-wing think-tanks funded by the petroleum industry.

I think you have a similar dynamic at work in both situations.  It’s not a pay to play scenario. It’s a market that tend toward certain outcomes.  Conservative think tanks aren’t going to see much success if they spend energy debunking weaknesses in the conservative cause and climate scientists aren’t going to see much success spending energy debunking weaknesses in the climate apocalypse narrative.  

1 hour ago, Flip Flop said:

I think you have a similar dynamic at work in both situations. 

Of course you do.  That's absurd.

3 hours ago, dmo_dlo said:

I don't see what's wrong here. Isn't fossil fuel industry a stakeholder in the climate debate?

I don’t see how. They have known for decades that climate change as a result of their own activity is a real threat and decided profits were more important than sustainability. They fund and push climate change ignorance and denial as a business matter. They have bought politicians and media personalities who actively work against the climate debate. Do farmers ask predators or pests what they think about it when they take action to protect their farm?

The simple fact of that matter is they won’t change until they have to or they see that clean and sustainable energy can be as exploitatively profitable as oil and gas.

Did you see the part where Kevin admits he hasn’t read anyone else’s climate plans? 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

I don’t see how. They have known for decades that climate change as a result of their own activity is a real threat and decided profits were more important than sustainability. They fund and push climate change ignorance and denial as a business matter. They have bought politicians and media personalities who actively work against the climate debate. Do farmers ask predators or pests what they think about it when they take action to protect their farm?

The simple fact of that matter is they won’t change until they have to or they see that clean and sustainable energy can be as exploitatively profitable as oil and gas.

Did you see the part where Kevin admits he hasn’t read anyone else’s climate plans? 

I don't get what is controversial about that. Should plans not be judged on their own merits?  

@GEORGIAfan something messed up with the quotes :huh:

Sure, plans should be judged on their own merits, but why do a comparative grade when you’re not comparing the plan to anything and write an article that reads like “we’ve tried nothing and we’re out of ideas”

38 minutes ago, lostone said:

I don’t understand white people music fear

In general we're very neurotic about our identities and how we're being perceived, and that affects how we feel the more universal fear of death. The scenario described there would be like a death completely robbed of dignity.

6 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Establishment likes Warren. :ninja:

That's the sad narrative that's being pushed right now.

Bernie Bros wants Warren supporters to think she's "establishment" so that her support splits and goes to him.

Biden's Camp wants to split her support as well to weaken the progressives. Neither men want Warren in this race.

Establishment now wants a stalwart progressive? @GEORGIAfan Doubtful. What they want is to change the narrative and weaken her.

4 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

That's the sad narrative that's being pushed right now.

Bernie Bros wants Warren supporters to think she's "establishment" so that her support splits and goes to him.

Biden's Camp wants to split her support as well to weaken the progressives. Neither men want Warren in this race.

Establishment now wants a stalwart progressive? @GEORGIAfan Doubtful. What they want is to change the narrative and weaken her.

And worried WFW will say the top 3 battling for the #1 spot are dog manure.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

On 8/23/2019 at 9:13 AM, mdrake34 said:

Today is the three week anniversary of my nutsack surgery. The swelling has gone down a tiny bit. Still in the jock strap. 

A toast to your nutsack...clinking of glasses in the background. 

Jigglypuff likes this

23 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

And worried WFW will say the top 3 battling for the #1 spot are dog manure.

I wouldn't say dog manure, but if you want to take the country further forward than Trump has? I'd say negatory my Squirrely brother. 

5 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Lo can yall just beat the Nats once this ****ing weekend 

Nope, our pitching decided to go straight garbage 

lmao

People are getting butthurt about this lol

I think it’s hilarious, but I went to Desmond’s page and discovered something...

6-C143-B61-B50-B-493-B-82-C3-A9-B820-EA3

I had no idea lmao ¯\_(ツ)_/¯