Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

41,473 posts in this topic

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-appeals-court-undercuts-progressive-efforts-to-nullify-electoral-college-rules-electors-can-vote-freely

Biggest news of the day and libs are being awfully quiet about it.  Deathblow to National Popular Vote movement.  I’d be embarrassed too for trying to back door the Constitution.

Backdoor, backdoor man!  I want to be, your backdoor man.  I keep on knocking but I can’t come in...

There is mud on your helmet libs! :ninja:

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Dirty South soccer did an article where they assigned a college football identity to every MLS team and Portland as A&Mtifa is the highlight of my Friday

The funniest part of that is the MLS as the MAC.

2 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-appeals-court-undercuts-progressive-efforts-to-nullify-electoral-college-rules-electors-can-vote-freely

Biggest news of the day and libs are being awfully quiet about it.  Deathblow to National Popular Vote movement.  I’d be embarrassed too for trying to back door the Constitution.

Backdoor, backdoor man!  I want to be, your backdoor man.  I keep on knocking but I can’t come in...

There is mud on your helmet libs! :ninja:

Image result for you're a sad strange little man

falconsd56, mdrake34 and HolyMoses like this

i'll never understand the cognitive dissonance that allows climate change deniers to believe that scientists are somehow materially predisposed towards conclusions based on "grant money" but never seem capable of extending the same suspicion to right-wing think-tanks funded by the petroleum industry.

38 minutes ago, achilles return said:

i'll never understand the cognitive dissonance that allows climate change deniers to believe that scientists are somehow materially predisposed towards conclusions based on "grant money" but never seem capable of extending the same suspicion to right-wing think-tanks funded by the petroleum industry.

Well you gotta think about how many politicians are bought by the science lobby. It's huge. Scientists are just throwing that money around unlike the oil lobbyist. 

When Trump talked about draining the swamp it wasn't the biggest lobbyist like big pharma and big oil I was thinking about......it was big science I was thinking of and he's winning there.

Because **** science.

mdrake34 and AF89 like this

Completely beside the point here. Parts per million is another example of how we will do anything to avoid standardizing the metric system here.

mdrake34 likes this

Just now, Carter said:

Completely beside the point here. Parts per million is another example of how we will do anything to avoid standardizing the metric system here.

The standard system is the dumbest ******* thing ever.

The metric system literally ******* tells you everything you need to know. If it comes to being precise over here........we use the metric system.  Airplanes....metric. Medical industry.....metric..

That one bolt you can't get off of a Ford anything......Metric. Usually a 10 mm.

Carter likes this

3 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I wonder if Kushner’s sister and Chinese spies hanging out at Mar A Lago are still selling access to Trump to wealthy Chinese nationals #sn4ttered 

idfk

#EMOLUMENTS

5 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Which statisticians are you talking about?  Most of the forecasting predictions based on structural factors were fairly close to the actual outcome, including my own which had Trump slightly ahead.  

And until I see some actual facts and evidence that things will be different this year than every other presidential election in modern history, I’ll stick with what’s always worked.  It’s served me well so far.

That's fine Leon, you do you.

Middle Georiga is going to be too hot and tornado/hurricane ridden to inhabit before I will be a grandpa, and my oldest is 15 already. 

So, congrats, I guess, r&b. 

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

Middle Georiga is going to be too hot and tornado/hurricane ridden to inhabit before I will be a grandpa, and my oldest is 15 already. 

My parents recently moved away from St. Simons.  Dad told me it was too much of a PIA to evacuate every year every time the governor issued a hurricane warning.  This difficulty was mainly due to taking the three cats with them and finding temporary lodging.  I told him if he didn’t listen to the fake news and just stayed put, he would have been fine!  The storm tracking models based on the more accurate European methods ended up being right.  Coastal GA never had a problem with tornadoes when I was there.

The heat builds character!  That Georgia blood will take your kids far.  I credit it with my successful rapid acclimatization to wherever it’s hot: Middle East, South Pacific, and Southwest.  

2 hours ago, achilles return said:

15_co2_left_040518.gif

deniers are just dumb or cultists, there's really no room in between. 

Doesn’t explain the Holocene conundrum;)  And what’s this?

image-26.png?resize=720,522&ssl=1

Besides the recent El Niño, the red line shows normal natural range!  

A Vicious Attack In The National Review
Mann is still embroiled in a legal tussle in the United States. In 2012, the National Reviewpublished a story by Mark Steyn who called Mann “the Jerry Sandusky of climate science.” :lol:Mann sued for defamation. In his complaint, he states that Steyn went on to say, “He has molested and tortured data in the service of politicized science that could have dire economic consequences for the nation and the planet. Michael Mann was behind the fraudulent climate change hockey stick graph, the very ringmaster of the three-ring circus.”

And this happened today:

http://www.thegwpf.com/michael-mann-loses-lawsuit-against-climate-sceptic-tim-ball/

Now for something more humorous: Al Gore and Bill Nye FAIL at doing a simple CO2 experiment.  Not surprising, BEAKMAN was always better.  But to be fair, it shows:

“I should make it clear that I’m not doubting that CO2 has a positive radiative heating effect in our atmosphere, due to LWIR re-radiation, that is well established by science.” https://wattsupwiththat.com/gore-and-bill-nye-fail-at-doing-a-simple-co2-experiment/

3 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

just build a tornado shelter with a battery backup system

Im sure some highly aquanted prepper individuals in this thread could share their verious  knowledges

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/23/politics/patrick-byrne-maria-butina-fbi-relationship-cnntv/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2F

Byrne said he reported what he'd learned about Butina's mission in the US to the FBI, but that "they kept on dismissing it."

"It was so strange that I was thinking, it's almost like they're letting this can-o-scandal develop and someday they're going to shake it up and crack it and spray it all over the Republican Party," he said.