Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,899 posts in this topic

Well the recent $125 million dollar wrongful death jury verdict is already no longer the biggest verdict ever in my county, today a jury gave $280 million in a tractor trailer wrongful death case. Same accident killed 5 people, plaintiffs’ counsel filed all 5 suits separately. This was just the first one to go to trial. 

I may need to move to South Georgia :sadwave:

I wonder if Kushner’s sister and Chinese spies hanging out at Mar A Lago are still selling access to Trump to wealthy Chinese nationals #sn4ttered 

HolyMoses likes this

46 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I am pretty sure Ben will have a shrine erected for Henry Kissinger when he dies.

So, you believe in what scientists tell you relating to events thousands and millions of years ago (albeit from a somewhat sketchy source), but not what those same scientists say about causes and current events. Neat.

mdrake34 and falconsd56 like this

7 minutes ago, Lou Getchell said:

Ftr, you should look to what that site says about climate change.

Actually the attempt at “bullying” towards consensus is rather sad, and...

“The push toward agreement may also be driven by a mental model that sees facts as matters about which all reasonable people should be able to agree versus differences of opinion or judgment that are potentially irresolvable. If the conclusions of an assessment report are not univocal, then (it may be thought that) they will be viewed as opinions rather than facts and dismissed not only by hostile critics but even by friendly forces. The drive toward consensus may therefore be an attempt to present the findings of the assessment as matters of fact rather than judgment.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/08/22/re-evaluating-the-manufacture-of-the-climate-consensus/

6 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Actually the attempt at “bullying” towards consensus is rather sad, and...

“The push toward agreement may also be driven by a mental model that sees facts as matters about which all reasonable people should be able to agree versus differences of opinion or judgment that are potentially irresolvable. If the conclusions of an assessment report are not univocal, then (it may be thought that) they will be viewed as opinions rather than facts and dismissed not only by hostile critics but even by friendly forces. The drive toward consensus may therefore be an attempt to present the findings of the assessment as matters of fact rather than judgment.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/08/22/re-evaluating-the-manufacture-of-the-climate-consensus/

Man you’re predictable. Even going straight to WattsUp after realizing the last source you used is all “yeah, dum dum, anthropogenic climate change is real.”

mdrake34 likes this

3 minutes ago, Lou Getchell said:

Man you’re predictable. Even going straight to WattsUp after realizing the last source you used is all “yeah, dum dum, anthropogenic climate change is real.”

700 million years of stable solar cycles would refute your last assertion of anthropogenic causes.  WattsUp seems to indicate that we’re due for global cooling around 2030 or so.

29 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

@AF89

Are Orlando City just the United's version of the Marlins? 

They don't seem like they are very good, yet they are still annoying as f**k.

Imagine like never being able to beat a team you claim to ****ing hate :lol:

Nashville and Miami can't get here soon enough. I'm ready for a real rivalry.

Dirty South soccer did an article where they assigned a college football identity to every MLS team and Portland as A&Mtifa is the highlight of my Friday :lol: