MayorWest13

Gerald McCoy Released

154 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

What folks need to realize is this:

2018 McCoy: 28 tackles, 6 sacks, 6 TFL, 21 QB hits

2018 Grady: 52 tackles, 6 sacks, 8 TFL, 16 QB hits

 

2018 was McCoys worst year in the last 6 years...he's a better DT than Grady, even at 31...

If he was better than Grady, he wouldn't have been cut.

If he was better than Grady, and he was cut, he would already have 5 multi-year contract offers.

KCFalcon22 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

You may plan to punt but we don't lol. 

I mean nobody plans to punt, but always works to have an ace in the sleeve.

Plus, did you see how many punts we faked last year? :lol:

7 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

....and the opportunity to beat TB twice a year (ie sack Jamies)....and still hit Brees and Cam??

He’s got to Ryan more than any other NFC South QB, why give up that opportunity to pad his stats? ;)

vs. Brees: 2.5 sacks and 16 QB hits in 15 games

vs. Newton: 4.5 sacks and 10 QB hits in 15 games

vs. Ryan: 5.0 sacks and 20 QB hits in 14 games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

If he was better than Grady, he wouldn't have been cut.

If he was better than Grady, and he was cut, he would already have 5 multi-year contract offers.

He was cut because Arians didn't like him.

And how do you know he doesn't already have offers and he's looking at his options?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

15 I think

Exactly, I don't see why folks think Mccoy wouldn't garnish that or more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

He was cut because Arians didn't like him.

And how do you know he doesn't already have offers and he's looking at his options?

he probably does have offers - most will be 1-2 year offers at lower money though.   Also a HUGE difference between being 31yrs old and 26yrs old in the NFL as far as market value.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

he probably does have offers - most will be 1-2 year offers at lower money though.   Also a HUGE difference between being 31yrs old and 26yrs old in the NFL as far as market value.

Probably going to wait until Suh numbers are out and see if someone will beat it 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, high impact said:

If the Falcons could pick up McCoy The DL would be set. At least as good as could be this off season. 

I just don't think the Birds have the cash. I looked into my wallet and does not look like I can be much help. I have $7 cash. That is probably $7 more than the Falcons have in cap space. Maybe we could start a GoFund Me account to help out the acquisition of McCoy. As I just don't see it in the cards. 

Ok, time to wake up from our dream and get back to reality. 

If they really want to, they can sign him. They can have an option bonus, for example, of 5 mil that comes due on June 2. Just an example, lots of ways to make the cash work. You can't do it for every player, but the Falcons haven't.

They can't give him the most money, and will probably get outbid, but they can make the money work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, falconidae said:

If they really want to, they can sign him. They can have an option bonus, for example, of 5 mil that comes due on June 2. Just an example, lots of ways to make the cash work. You can't do it for every player, but the Falcons haven't.

They can't give him the most money, and will probably get outbid, but they can make the money work.

Yeah, I am sure they figure it is not worth looking at if they got outbid. If he were to sit unclaimed for some time then they may kick the tires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

LOL!!!!!!!!! I thought he said contenders?

3 out of 4, plus the Browns should improve but not ready to call them contenders yet either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 7:10 PM, Falconole11 said:

Sign him to a one year prove it deal! Just tell him he can stick it to his old team with his old coach lol.

Excellent chance to win a ring here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mvcrook said:

3 out of 4, plus the Browns should improve but not ready to call them contenders yet either. 

I got the Brown's going 8-8 or 7-9. I think Steelers and Ravens will both win 10 or 11 games each. Tough division for the brownies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

LOL!!!!!!!!! I thought he said contenders?

I would say all 4 of those should have a **** good shot at making the playoffs so i would say he didn't lie about wanting to go to a contender.

1989Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 5/20/2019 at 7:11 PM, falconsd56 said:

No one is going to pay him 13 mill

That what every one said.about Beasley

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, falconidae said:

If they really want to, they can sign him. They can have an option bonus, for example, of 5 mil that comes due on June 2. Just an example, lots of ways to make the cash work. You can't do it for every player, but the Falcons haven't.

They can't give him the most money, and will probably get outbid, but they can make the money work.

Yes they can. Especially on one year

falconsd56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

GERALD MCCOY DL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
5599.jpg

ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Bengals, Falcons, Patriots, Browns, Colts, and Saints all have "some level of interest" in free agent DT Gerald McCoy.

The Browns, Colts, and Bengals have already been linked with McCoy, and the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints are all contenders who could use some help along the defensive line. It does not sound like McCoy will be a free agent for very long.

May 23, 2019, 10:44 AM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hjerry said:

 

GERALD MCCOY DL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
5599.jpg

ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Bengals, Falcons, Patriots, Browns, Colts, and Saints all have "some level of interest" in free agent DT Gerald McCoy.

The Browns, Colts, and Bengals have already been linked with McCoy, and the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints are all contenders who could use some help along the defensive line. It does not sound like McCoy will be a free agent for very long.

May 23, 2019, 10:44 AM ET

Slide Crawford outside to backfill Means, McCoy backfills Crawford, bada boom bada bing let's get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 8:08 PM, falconidae said:

If they really want to, they can sign him. They can have an option bonus, for example, of 5 mil that comes due on June 2. Just an example, lots of ways to make the cash work. You can't do it for every player, but the Falcons haven't.

They can't give him the most money, and will probably get outbid, but they can make the money work.

They can offer a 1-year deal in the form of a 2-year deal, to spread out the signing bonus for example. Like you said plenty of ways to make it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now