154 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

TD will earn his keep the next 12 months.  He has to address 5 major contracts

- 2 fringe 20 million a year contracts

- 1 contract in the 15-18 million a year avg

- 1 contract in the 10 million a year average

- 1 contract in the 8 million a year average

I suspect we don’t keep one of these guys 

If VB flakes, that’s one guy that won’t cost you a lot to retain or your let either him or McCoy walk even if you could fit GM in 2019...which the point is it’s entirely possible at NO SACRIFICE for 2019 on a 1 year type contract. 2-3 year deal would start getting tricky.

Point is we have many FAs coming up along the DL. I suspect short term cap hits for JJ and GJ could be made to account for DeBo, Neal 5th year, and Hooper deals.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

If VB flakes, that’s one guy that won’t cost you a lot to retain or your let either him or McCoy walk even if you could fit GM in 2019...which the point is it’s entirely possible at NO SACRIFICE for 2019 on a 1 year type contract. 2-3 year deal would start getting tricky.

Point is we have many FAs coming up along the DL. I suspect short term cap hits for JJ and GJ could be made to account for DeBo, Neal 5th year, and Hooper deals.

Beasley isn’t in those calculations.

Win (15 sacks), lose (5 sacks) or draw (8 sacks), he isn’t a member of the team next year.  

20 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Beasley isn’t in those calculations.

Win (15 sacks), lose (5 sacks) or draw (8 sacks), he isn’t a member of the team next year.  

Yep. Drafting edge.

Point is we got not much committed to the DL long term as stands.

At all. Only GJ figures to be for sure and that’s if they presumably don’t fail to work things out

GM would be a 1-2 year signing. I don’t see the issue if contracts are structured right.

He would be next to GJ inside for a year or two. We have cap space for our own guys as it is. At least the core.

Who is your 5th player due?

GJ, JJ, DeBo, Hooper and ??? Vondre?

Sanu might be gone next year and Tru in 2 years. :shrug: Mack in 3..etc

Plus guys like Ty are gone if they are starting.

Next 12 months...don’t see that much of a problem if we draft well; seeing as GM isn’t a long term issue if ATL were to sign him. Maybe a competitor offers him more for longer or shorter.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yep. Drafting edge.

Point is we got not much committed to the DL long term as stands.

At all. Only GJ figures to be for sure and that’s if they presumably don’t fail to work things out

GM would be a 1-2 year signing. I don’t see the issue if contracts are structured right.

He would be next to GJ inside for a year or two. We have cap space for our own guys as it is. At least the core.

Who is your 5th player due?

GJ, JJ, DeBo, Hooper and ??? Vondre?

Sanu might be gone next year and Tru in 2 years. :shrug: Mack in 3..etc

Plus guys like Ty are gone if they are starting.

Next 12 months...don’t see that much of a problem if we draft well; seeing as GM isn’t a long term issue if ATL were to sign him. Maybe a competitor offers him more for longer or shorter.

Agreed...that’s why I said extend Julio, cut Wes & Bosher to grab McCoy

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Agreed...that’s why I said extend Julio, cut Wes & Bosher to grab McCoy

I guess my point would be you don’t have to cut either of those dudes to make the deal happen; at least not necessarily.

RS off the books helps...I’m not sure we change P at this point.

:shrug:

Those are options if we bank on top 3 OGs being enough if 1 were to be hurt or lose starting job after winning it.

I think Wes would still be a good emergency starter for us this year given the potential for injury along the OL...then again maybe another guy like Gono or Ty can cross train more before season to play OG; in a week after any unfortunate injury.

:tiphat: 

Edited by Ergo Proxy
FalconsIn2020 likes this

Finally....... was getting tired of watching McCoy beat up on Matt and our interior OL.

Hope he goes to the Browns or some other sorry team, and become irrelevant.

Just get out of our division.

2 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

I just hope he doesn't wind up in NO or Carolina.

giphy.gif

:lol:

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

new one, right

who?

Don’t want to tell y’all how to run y’all team, but Marquette King is still a free agent. If we didn’t already have Morstead, he’s who I’d want.

Vandy and duckhoa like this

3 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

giphy.gif

:lol:

Don’t want to tell y’all how to run y’all team, but Marquette King is still a free agent. If we didn’t already have Morstead, he’s who I’d want.

You may plan to punt but we don't lol. 

Iron Saint, ltstorm2, Vandy and 1 other like this

Would be a smart 1 year contract. He is an immediate upgrade in a season where both the Coach and GM need a good/great season. He'd also get top dollar next offseason when teams haven't already attempted to fill their needs in FA and Draft, likely netting us a 3rd comp in 2021. I know the cap is constrictive but this is a situation where you need to get creative. This is the kind of piece that could be the difference between a Lombardi and a wildcard round loss. 1yr 8mil, make it happen TD. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

If the cap is as fake as some here say then he'd be here before June 1st.

But the cap is real and he won't be here.

2 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

Would be a smart 1 year contract. He is an immediate upgrade in a season where both the Coach and GM need a good/great season. He'd also get top dollar next offseason when teams haven't already attempted to fill their needs in FA and Draft, likely netting us a 3rd comp in 2021. I know the cap is constrictive but this is a situation where you need to get creative. This is the kind of piece that could be the difference between a Lombardi and a wildcard round loss. 1yr 8mil, make it happen TD. 

We’d rather sign a bunch of no name FA olinemen then immediately draft their replacements. 

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't think there's any way we sign him with Jarrett, Julio, and Debo having deals coming up, but I'd love it.

Would love to get him on a 1-year deal!!

I'd love to have him here, and if he truly wants to play for a contender whilst also sticking it to the Bucs, we could make a lot of sense. But I think it's going to come down to $$$ and there are teams out there, Browns & Colts for instance, that can offer him more.

Vandy and Cole World like this

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I'd love to have him here, and if he truly wants to play for a contender whilst also sticking it to the Bucs, we could make a lot of sense. But I think it's going to come down to $$$ and there are teams out there, Browns & Colts for instance, that can offer him more.

I honestly think it’s the Colts. They begun free agency with over 100M and only signed 1 big name player in Justin Houston.

The Browns I assume took on the contract of OBJ, and Olivier Vernon and also got their 3T in Sheldon Richardson.

edit: plus the Colts play the Bucs this season.

Edited by Cole World
Vandy and Smiler11 like this