Tim Mazetti

Julio Skips Voluntary OTAs. And It Is A Good Thing. Ruben Foster, Anyone?

420 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, caponine said:

no but you cant tell me having him out there doesnt motivate the young bucks. Seeing your best player out there , will inspire them greatly. 

Lol!!!!

athell likes this

55 minutes ago, caponine said:

Nope still doesnt change for me. He should be out there , he is far from being perfect. He still seems to have the case of dropsies. Yall talk about Trufant, but Jones needs the jugg machine just as much. 

YEP !

9 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

@athell

Off topic ( maybe a better a topic :ninja::lol:) what do think of Magic resigning as Lakers President?

Funny you should ask, I was watching him on First Take this morning and in his words it sounds like he was in a terrible position with Buss and Pelinka.  The Lakers seem to be a clown show right now, so I kinda side with Magic on this one.  Although if rumors are to be trusted, he wasn't willing to put in the hours required of the position and they wanted him to step back from his business(es).  Though...supposedly he told Buss up front he would not.  What a **** show.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, athell said:

Funny you should ask, I was watching him on First Take this morning and in his words it sounds like he was in a terrible position with Buss and Pelinka.  The Lakers seem to be a clown show right now, so I kinda side with Magic on this one.  Although if rumors are to be trusted, he wasn't willing to put in the hours required of the position and they wanted him to step back from his business(es).  Though...supposedly he told Buss up front he would not.  What a **** show.

Yeah. I don't follow the NBA too closely but this was a strange turn of events if i may say so. According to some reports, Buss and Pelinka wouldn't let Magic get any of the people he wanted into the organization. And WHO THE HECK IS PELINKA??? I googled him and he's just a former agent/lawyer with (as far as I can tell) no experience with being a GM or with Basketball operations management. It's just weird.

EDIT:

Apparently Pelinka is a well known agent. Told ya I don't follow the NBA that closely :lol:

Back on topic, **** OTAs. Vets will be fine, and JJ especially. I just everyone to remain healthy for the whole season (and post season)

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
athell likes this

Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Yeah. I don't follow the NBA too closely but this was a strange turn of events if i may say so. According to some reports, Buss and Pelinka wouldn't let Magic get any of the people he wanted into the organization. And WHO THE HECK IS PELINKA??? I googled him and he's just a former agent/lawyer with (as far as I can tell) no experience with being a GM or with Basketball operations management. It's just weird.

Back on topic, **** OTAs. Vets will be fine, and JJ especially. I just everyone to remain healthy for the whole season (and post season)

He's an agent with zero experience in the front office and everyone from players to other agents and front offices hate him.  I'm sure it'll end well in LA though...O.o

Not worried about JJ, in fact I'd prefer he skip all of OTAS and come ready to rock in training camp.

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I would attend.

Oh wait. What is my insurance?

Besides I am 67 and................................

Im thinking about attending this year...as a spectator....Ive always wanted to go..

Whats the fishing like down there... Are the redfish running...

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Im thinking about attending this year...as a spectator....Ive always wanted to go..

Whats the fishing like downed fish feedind is over.

there... Are the redfish running...

Attending? What? You are welcome.

The Reds are tearing up cheap reels from November to March.

4 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Attending? What? You are welcome.

The Reds are tearing up cheap reels from November to March.

I love catching redfish in Florida....I was in Panama City a couple years ago

Catching bull reds 20-30 lbs from the surf....

Just got back from Myrtle Beach yesterday..stayed a week...hated it...(fishing).....but enjoyed the time with the kids...

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I love catching redfish in Florida....I was in Panama City a couple years ago

Catching bull reds 20-30 lcntral about 60 miles south of Tampa on the coast.bs from the surf....

Just got back from Myrtle Beach yesterday..stayed a week...hated it...(fishing).....but enjoyed the time with the kids...

Usually hunt Snook.

Biggest Red was 15lbs. I am in SW FL. Reds are from November to March. Throw bait fish under docks and hope the 10-pound braid holds out. A medium-heavy rod.

Hot and ****** already. Reds gone, but not Snook. And they will destroy a cheap reel in seconds too.

Don't even think about bringing a cheap reel, right? Even a fire extinguisher won't help.

RING OF HONOR likes this

3 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Usually hunt Snook.

Biggest Red was 15lbs. I am in SW FL. Reds are from November to March. Throw bait fish under docks and hope the 10-pound braid holds out. A medium-heavy rod.

Hot and ****** already. Reds gone, but not Snook. And they will destroy a cheap reel in seconds too.

Don't even think about bringing a cheap reel, right? Even a fire extinguisher won't help.

Ok....never fished for snook...gotta check it out..

Thanks for the info....Im trying to track their migration route...

November to January in Savannah

December to April in Panama City...

They are hard to track...but when you find them its fun..

Flying Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Ok....never fished for snook...gotta check it out..

Thanks for the info....Im tryc on the east an south.

Really worth a hubt. They run latterajjy inititaly, and when thet ing to track their migration route...

November to January in Savannah

December to April in Panama City...

They are hard to track...but when you find them its fun..

Snook are from Tampa on the west to Ft Pierce on the east and southward. The best tackle destroyer fish in the world if you fish medium/heavy. Gotta have the reel. Funny to watch tourists who accidentally (And it is by accident.) hook one and melt;

A 20 inch snook will make one wet his pants.

But a 30 incher will give you the thrombosis of a .....

Oh, wait.

1 minute ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Snook are from Tampa on the west to Ft Pierce on the east and southward. The best tackle destroyer fish in the world if you fish medium/heavy. Gotta have the reel. Funny to watch tourists who accidentally (And it is by accident.) hook one and melt;

A 20 inch snook will make one wet his pants.

But a 30 incher will give you the thrombosis of a .....

Oh, wait.

:huh:

:lol:

Tim Mazetti and Flying Falcon like this

5 hours ago, caponine said:

Nope still doesnt change for me. He should be out there , he is far from being perfect. He still seems to have the case of dropsies. Yall talk about Trufant, but Jones needs the jugg machine just as much. 

LOL....you guys say some of the most crazy *** things....

Was Ryan, Debo, Mack, Bloodline, Hoop, Tru or Sanu at OTAs? Probably. They usually are. Julio could have at least showed up in bubble wrap for The Brotherhood as a team leader and honor his contract. Regardless of his guaranteed money problem. Buddy fleeced Dimi and took his guaranteed money early. Then wanted more last year when it ran out. He's back for even more in 2019. Rumor has it he wants additional years this time.

Dimi called Billy Check for advice on the Julio trade in 2011 and dude said no don't do it Thomas. He quickly said thanks Billy but I'm going explosive. Traded two firsts, a second and two fourths in the two drafts he could have fixed the DL, OL and RB positions that plagued him during his 18-30 run from 2013-2015. He got some of his duties stripped and should have been fired for that roster building escapade. Definitely has pics of Blank.

Billy went on to win eight straight division championships, advance to eight straight AFCCGs, appear in five SBs and win three Lombardies. One at Dimi's expense after a 28-3 debacle. With Edelman and Gronk as his leading receivers. He spent two picks and $80M on them. Dimi spent five picks and $76M on Julio. Now he's back at the table. Julio, AB, OBJ, DHop, Fitz, A.J., Moss, Megatron and T.O. have a combined zero rings. AB and OBJ just got traded.

The leading receivers on the last three Championship teams were Edelman and Ertz. Julio is a beast but he has not been the key to our Lombardi. For eight years running. Now he wants a deal that could further impede our path to a ring. I'd move him for picks, players and cap relief. Sign guys we need to take us into the next era. I definitely don't want to see him pushing Blank on the field in a wheelchair after the 2022 season with no Lombardies.