BirdFan33

TATF vs. other discussion groups

30 posts in this topic

I’ve been a member here for well over a decade now and love these boards. I see some incredibly insightful posts here and have to say, it’s been my go-to for a long time. With that said, I don’t know if you guys are members of any of the Facebook groups, but they are absolutely pathetic. Makes me truly appreciate TATF that much more. 

8 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

No Zuckerboy for me. I Stay away from all social media. Well, this is kinda.

And yes, this is an outstanding forum.Good that you recognize it.

TATF is it for me too. Facebook, Instagram and all the other sites just never really interested me. Probably peeps weren't talking enough about football or something, cause I'm a real sociable guy. /purp :ninja:

I joined a Facebook group and after 24 hours bailed out. Dumb, stupid, ignorant nonsense. I’ve been here over 20 years and it’s always been this way except for a short period after we drafted Vick. 

This message board has a much higher aggregate IQ than any other Falcons place I’ve visited. 

I know this board went through it years ago, but every other discussion is about how Vick is the best quarterback we’ve ever had and we were lucky to have him. Luckily, members on this board actually watch football. 

12 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

I know this board went through it years ago, but every other discussion is about how Vick is the best quarterback we’ve ever had and we were lucky to have him. Luckily, members on this board actually watch football. 

Vick brought a new kind of fan to the game. (The kids who idolize fictional Super Heros)  When an informed football fan tries to have a discussion with an infatuated uninformed fan, it’s like a dude trying to have a discussion with an infuriated wife. Good luck trying to reason with them.

Buttface and Twatter are nothing but sewers.

Like Tim said, this is the only so-called social media that I spend any real time on. You can actually have discussions on here.

Well, most of the time LOL.

Now, if any of y'all have a problem with that, I'll meet you at the waffle house and we'll throw down! I'll be in a black SUV! I'll whip you worse than your daddy ever did!

Okay I'm done.

Flying Falcon and PokerSteve like this

This forum is like the news to me. Things will get posted here by someone as soon as they happen. If I waited for it to appear on NFL.com or even atlantafalcons.com I would have much less of an idea as to what is happening.

PokerSteve and Flying Falcon like this

15 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Some of the Reddit forums seem pretty good. I'm just here for the arguing.

Reddit is good. Some insightful stuff. Facebook is all racially divided and everyone wants to bash Matt

Flying Falcon likes this

LOL. I get information about the Falcons on Twitter before any other site reports it. I follow writers that I like and don't engage sh*tposters who chime in to argue. But the information that they provide in the stories often lead to good discussions with the writers and actual fans. Facebook is a joke. I belong to a couple of groups there but I seldom check in or contribute because for some reason FB people believe the most idiotic fake news imaginable and have days-long discussions over stoopidity. No time for it.

I dig TATF a lot. My question is why Pure Football is not a much more robust forum on the boards? It started out as a great idea when we had trolls infecting 2 out of every 3 posts on TATF (no hyperbole intended) but it never really caught on.

RING OF HONOR likes this

55 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

As a Saints fan, nothing makes me want to strangle other Saints fans more than seeing the stupid **** they post in Facebook groups about the Saints.

:bang:

Fans ....real fans.....stupid fans

Iron Saint and PokerSteve like this

Posted (edited)

Twitter for news, TAFT for ideas and debates. Facebook groups for the laughs at the stupidity.

Edited by runshoot

21 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

No Zuckerboy for me. I Stay away from all social media. Well, this is kinda.

And yes, this is an outstanding forum.Good that you recognize it.

I don’t do Fakebook . I value my privacy and don’t see a need to post stuff to feel good about myself.

Flying Falcon and Tim Mazetti like this

17 hours ago, BirdFan33 said:

Reddit is good. Some insightful stuff. Facebook is all racially divided and everyone wants to bash Matt

May have to dilly my way over there then.

18 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

May have to dilly my way over there then.

Reditt or Facebook?

Yeah, I don't like posting my private info for the world to see on those other sites or here. Love the info and getting to talk about our team. Just, mostly I come here to pick up women!!:tiphat:

Iron Saint and Tim Mazetti like this

5 hours ago, BirdFan33 said:

Social media brings out the worst in people. 

This. Facebook and especially Twitter are just cesspools of ignorance and stupidity.

3 hours ago, high impact said:

Just, mostly I come here to pick up women!!:tiphat:

TATF rents out forklifts? Or do you bring your own? :lol: