Cole World

Fourth-round pick? Why CB Kendall Sheffield believes he's a first-rounder

66 posts in this topic

Its a generational thing. One group wants you to be quiet and do the talking on the field. The other feels if you dont say it and believe it no one else will.

I recently learned a lot of self talk people are successful. I use to think people who did that were crazy. I guess i am now crazy.

Go eat young man.

14 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Holy **** it's non contact dude. If he turns his head around he's gonna run into Sanu. How do you guys not get this?

Bruh, have you ever heard, "You play the way you practice"? This applies to this situation.  How do you not get this?

10 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I'm not ignoring anything. In fact, I praised him a lot in my initial post. I just pointed out that he got beat a lot in college. Which he did. I still am rooting for the guy because he is a Falcon. But yeah I wasn't a fan of the pick and I'm in a "see it to believe it" mode right now. 

CK, you saw the same thing I saw. And he DID get beat alot at OSU. I watched every OSU game, cause I'm a huge Buckeye fan.

46 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Bruh, have you ever heard, "You play the way you practice"? This applies to this situation.  How do you not get this?

What is he going to do in NON CONTACT? If he turns around he's running through Sanu.

18 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

What is he going to do in NON CONTACT? If he turns around he's running through Sanu.

He's "SUPPOSE" to be playing the ball, not Sanu. Why are you so worried about him running into Sanu? If he's playing the ball, then it's not PI. He will not get hurt making a play on the ball. What are you so worried about?

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

He's "SUPPOSE" to be playing the ball, not Sanu. Why are you so worried about him running into Sanu? If he's playing the ball, then it's not PI. He will not get hurt making a play on the ball. What are you so worried about?

Non contact, if he isn't watching Sanu he's going to run into him and take him down.

If he runs into him, it's contact.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Non contact, if he isn't watching Sanu he's going to run into him and take him down.

If he runs into him, it's contact.

LOL!!!!!!

Factz likes this

On 5/20/2019 at 3:20 PM, RazorWing said:

Some of these rookies are all talk right now. And haven't played a down against good competition in the nfl yet. Mcgary being one of them. Just prove it on the field.

Then talk.

I would say all of them.  Seems like every rookie that wasn't the overall #1 is going to "play with a chip on his shoulder".

Always makes me nervous when I see rookies care about where they were drafted - their focus should be "doing their job" and being the best player they can be, not some sort of revenge fantasy.

Flying Falcon likes this

17 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Yeah, these FB players are put through the curricula (Basket Weaving, Communications, Social Worker, Criminal Justice.).

The dirty secret to Ivy League schools (and Stanford) is that the hardest part is getting in.  After that, most students (including athletes) major in degrees where there are no wrong answers.

Flying Falcon and Tim Mazetti like this

On 5/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, falconidae said:

It really annoys me that the ESPN headline isn't "Why Sheffield believes he should have been a first round pick." Editing is a lost art.

but it's not an article just listing the reasons. It's about his life story and his view. The title you suggest would begin and end with "because I'm good enough to be one".

Tim Mazetti likes this

Posted (edited)

On 5/21/2019 at 6:48 PM, blkbigdog35 said:

Love his confidence but Kendall is about to get a crash course in being straight abused by Julio, Sanu, and Calvin!  If he holds his own against them then we definitely have a potential 1st rd talent!!

It is interesting that the Falcon Coaches speak of Oliver's reach (141 1/4", including vertical), but the two CBs (Miller 142 7/8" & Sheffield 141 1/2 ") that were recently drafted have more reach and speed than Oliver, who will be one of our starters.

Hope this bodes well for their potential. Sounds like Sheffield had all the tools to be #1, just did not stay with one program, think that is something that really hurt him. Especially starting out at Alabama. He should have ended-up at Alabama.

Edited by Cheap Talk
Tim Mazetti and blkbigdog35 like this

3 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

It is interesting that the Falcon Coaches speak of Oliver's length (141 1/4"), but the two CBs (Miller 142 7/8" & Sheffield 141 1/2 ") currently drafted have more reach and speed than Oliver, who will be one of our starters.

Hope this bodes well for their potential. Sounds like Sheffield had all the tools to be #1, just did not stay with one program, think that is something that really hurt him. Especially starting out at Alabama. He should have ended-up at Alabama.

It should be a very competitive camp amongst them.  I’m curious to see how Oliver plays with DQ calling the defense!  However these guys have the tools to play cover 1 man!

Kung Fu Kenny and Tim Mazetti like this