Reuben Foster Hurt

It does not sound good from what ESPN is reporting

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins linebacker Reuben Foster was carted off the field with a left leg injury during the team's first organized team activity period. The injury occurred on the third snap of the Redskins' first voluntary OTA session this spring.

The Redskins were still practicing so there was no update on Foster's injury. Redskins coach Jay Gruden will address the media at the end of practice.

When Foster was on the ground, he was surrounded by multiple team officials including president Bruce Allen and Gruden. Former Alabama teammate Landon Collins also joined them and Malcolm Bracken, the director of player development, kneeled and patted Foster on the chest. At one point Foster turned to his right and pounded the turf with his fists. He could be heard crying, putting his hands to his helmet as his head bobbed. As he was carted off, Allen ran back to the facility to be with Foster.

13 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Hate to see a player go down before anything serious starts.  Heck if this keeps up, players who are in contract negotiations might be inclined (and perhaps justified) to not show up until they absolutely have to.  ;) 

You are just as likely to tear your ACL at Publix.  Shyte happens

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You are just as likely to tear your ACL at Publix.  Shyte happens

It's all about risk vs reward.  You really aren't as likely to tear your ACL at Publix because how many times has that happened vs how many times do we see players going down in voluntary programs, offseason workouts, preseason, etc.  The whole point is to field as healthy of a team as you can going into the regular season.  I get they can't be afraid to play football, and that is what they are paid (well) to do, but @vel is right...if something like this were to happen to one of our guys people would be livid.  It happens, and it's unfortunate, but pointless injuries in football irk me.

Also reason #1,953 that people should support players getting their money while they can.

18 minutes ago, athell said:

It's all about risk vs reward.  You really aren't as likely to tear your ACL at Publix because how many times has that happened vs how many times do we see players going down in voluntary programs, offseason workouts, preseason, etc.  The whole point is to field as healthy of a team as you can going into the regular season.  I get they can't be afraid to play football, and that is what they are paid (well) to do, but @vel is right...if something like this were to happen to one of our guys people would be livid.  It happens, and it's unfortunate, but pointless injuries in football irk me.

Also reason #1,953 that people should support players getting their money while they can.

Yep. The risk far outweighs the reward. We see it every single year. HeIl, players seem to get hurt more at voluntary workouts with the team than they do when they workout with each other. If that's the case, why take that risk when it's optional? 

Now, if they paid them a full salary to show up.... Oh wait! Aren't those mandatory practices? The ones players get fined for missing? 

1 minute ago, vel said:

Yep. The risk far outweighs the reward. We see it every single year. HeIl, players seem to get hurt more at voluntary workouts with the team than they do when they workout with each other. If that's the case, why take that risk when it's optional? 

Now, if they paid them a full salary to show up.... Oh wait! Aren't those mandatory practices? The ones players get fined for missing? 

Voluntary workouts are the ones that the fans turn on the players at the drop of a hat for being selfish when they miss!

They should be out there with their teammates!!!  Because injuries during voluntary activities is more important than regular season production.

1 hour ago, athell said:

Voluntary workouts are the ones that the fans turn on the players at the drop of a hat for being selfish when they miss!

They should be out there with their teammates!!!  Because injuries during voluntary activities is more important than regular season production.

Fans are so pro owner and I don't get it. I think it's solely "If I was in your position I would ___" because they can imagine being a pro player but not a billionaire owner. 

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Fans are so pro owner and I don't get it. I think it's solely "If I was in your position I would ___" because they can imagine being a pro player but not a billionaire owner. 

I will never get it either.  And that stance is hilarious because 99% of fans would do the same thing if they were in the player's shoes.  When there is money to be had, you go get it.  Especially when it can all go away in an instant.  I think it's also an overall misunderstanding on how the cap actually works.  @Knight of God could spend a day on that topic alone lol