Falconsfan567

Braves at Giants

418 posts in this topic

Monday - May 20 - 9:45 PM - Fox Sports Southeast

• Mike Soroka (4-1, 0.98) vs. Andrew Suarez (Season debut)

Tuesday - May 21 - 9:45 PM - Fox Sports Southeast, ESPN (out-of-market)

• Julio Teheran (3-4, 3.88) vs. Shaun Anderson (0-0, 3.60 - 2nd MLB start)

Wednesday - May 22 - 9:45 PM - Fox Sports Southeast

• Max Fried (6-2, 2.86) vs. Jeff Samardzija (2-2, 3.69)

Thursday - May 23 - 3:45 PM - Fox Sports Southeast, MLB Network (out-of-market)

• Kevin Gausman (2-3, 4.31) vs. Madison Bumgarner (3-4, 4.21)
Malachore likes this

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

How many pitchers have an ERA lower than their WHIP?

Yeeeeeesh

Lol, I know right. I actually looked it up. As starters go with at least 3 starts, looks like he's the only one! 

0.98 ERA, 1.01 WHIP

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV
Malachore likes this

I'd love to get the sweep, but will gladly take 3 out of 4.   If memory serves, we haven't played them well out there recently.   Looks like we were 3-3 head to head against them in 2018 and 4-3 in 2017.   

39 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I'd love to get the sweep, but will gladly take 3 out of 4.   If memory serves, we haven't played them well out there recently.   Looks like we were 3-3 head to head against them in 2018 and 4-3 in 2017.   

We don't play anyone well out west unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

We don't play anyone well out west unfortunately. 

We flip flopped on that with SF last year. We swept the Giants in SF and they swept us in Atlanta.

Braves traded Viz and Biddle to Mariners for Anthony Swarzak and cash.

Not sure how this helps the team at all, dude has been bad the past 2 years.

41 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I mean, teams aren't willing to trade useful relievers right now. They get a free look at a guy who's actually able to pitch for the Braves.

15 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I mean, teams aren't willing to trade useful relievers right now. They get a free look at a guy who's actually able to pitch for the Braves.

This guy seems to be as bad or maybe a little worse than what we've been throwing out there.

59 minutes ago, Malachore said:

There's absolutely nothing to lose with this deal. If it doesn't work then no big deal. We gave up nothing of value for him.

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's absolutely nothing to lose with this deal. If it doesn't work then no big deal. We gave up nothing of value for him.

Nothing to lose but games he could piss away.

Just put Wright and or Wilson in the bullpen and be done with this penny pinching bullcrap.

21 minutes ago, Malachore said:

This guy seems to be as bad or maybe a little worse than what we've been throwing out there.

Could be, and if he is, you can cut bait with him for what you were paying Biddle and Vizcaino. I do think his numbers are a little inflated, as he had a rough 3 outing stretch against CLE, NYY and BOS (all on the road) where he allowed 5 ER in 2 1/3 IP and gave up 7 hits,  2 HR and 3 walks. For comparison's sake, in all of his other outings, he's given up a total of 3 ER in 11 1/3 IP with 7 hits, 4 HRs, 5BB and struck out 15.

9 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Could be, and if he is, you can cut bait with him for what you were paying Biddle and Vizcaino. I do think his numbers are a little inflated, as he had a rough 3 outing stretch against CLE, NYY and BOS (all on the road) where he allowed 5 ER in 2 1/3 IP and gave up 7 hits,  2 HR and 3 walks. For comparison's sake, in all of his other outings, he's given up a total of 3 ER in 11 1/3 IP with 7 hits, 4 HRs, 5BB and struck out 15.

You mean there might be a chance that he might actually be decent for the Braves? You don't say!! We're not allowed to look at things in a positive manner!! You've been posting here long enough to know that positivity isn't allowed.

In his last full, healthy season in 2017, however, Swarzak turned in 77 1/3 innings with a 2.33 ERA, 10.6 K/9, 2.1 BB/9, 0.70 HR/9 and a 43.9 percent grounder rate between the White Sox and Brewers.

But..........but..........but..........but..........

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

In his last full, healthy season in 2017, however, Swarzak turned in 77 1/3 innings with a 2.33 ERA, 10.6 K/9, 2.1 BB/9, 0.70 HR/9 and a 43.9 percent grounder rate between the White Sox and Brewers.

But..........but..........but..........but..........

How come you can cherry pick stats from 2 years ago and it's ok but I can't bring up something recent?

Ahhhh the good ol' double standard. Sorry I just don't care what he did 2 years ago. 

18 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Let's hope you're right but walks and HRs are alarming. 

If it makes you feel better just look at what Kranitz did with Luke Jackson. His slider became deadly. Swarzak throws a slider as his out pitch.