Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichardCNile

Things I expect to see this season

33 posts in this topic

3rd and 1 where we run the ball and pickup 4 yards.

Matt Ryan with a clean jersey at the end of the game

4 min offense that can ground and pound and chew the clock down 

Robert Alford not get a PI call.  Lol. Never mind.  We’re good on this one. 

Tak take the leap and become a guy who can get to the QB when needed.

Oliver take the leap and get his athletics and skills dialed in at CB

Kazee get 7+ INT’s 

Hageman be the comeback player of the year.  When his heads on right, he’s unstoppable.

our new OLine become the bullies of the NFL

falcons sweep the saints 

turnovers from our defense like we saw at end of 2016 

a real FB like we had with Dimarco 

none of our punts blocked 

no successful fake punts against us.  With Armstrong gone. I hope we resolve our return game, penalties and return yard. 

Lombardi hoisted by the Falcons!

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Freeman being Comeback Player of Year would be better for the Falcons....or even better co-Comeback Player of Year

True.  Word is, he is ready to go.  We’ll see.  

Falcons In 2012 likes this

The last three are important. I hope we can get a FB/HB that can actually block and punish people to clear lanes. Can be a yuge factor in the run game. 

Special teams gaffes should be a thing of the past. 

RichardCNile likes this

8 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

The last three are important. I hope we can get a FB/HB that can actually block and punish people to clear lanes. Can be a yuge factor in the run game. 

Special teams gaffes should be a thing of the past. 

Ya, the special teams play was horrible under Armstrong.   

VTCrunkler likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Freeman being Comeback Player of Year would be better for the Falcons....or even better co-Comeback Player of Year

I like to see them both get it 

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

well, we do play AZ this year don't we? if so, and Alford plays in the game for them, odds are you WILL see a PI on him  :lol:

Unfortunately, marginal players for the Falcons who go to other teams tend to look like HOFers during the one game they play against us. 

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

**** I'd rather Hags get it. He'd have to have an amazing year for that. An elite Hags would top Freeman any day of the week.

13 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

**** I'd rather Hags get it. He'd have to have an amazing year for that. An elite Hags would top Freeman any day of the week.

Truth

Ovie_Lover likes this

Somebody gets injured but unlike last year we actually have a replacement waiting

The only Riley on an Atlanta roster in September has the first name Austin not Duke

We end up with a committee approach to our running game with 3 or 4 backs actually sharing the carries

The no-huddle offense becomes commonplace again with Ryan actually being able to control the game

Sanu has a great year along with Ridley and Julio making it hard to let him go in 2020

Hooper has a great year making the 2020 salary cap a nightmare

Jarrett is actually overshadowed by other DL bringing into question if we should keep him or overpay him again

Quinn hangs onto his job but Koetter begins getting offers from other teams after the 2019 offensive resurgence

Tim Mazetti likes this

5 hours ago, FalconBlood said:

Aim low, less disappointment follows. :tiphat:

$2 hot dogs at the MBS?   

Traffic leaving the Games?

women wearing yoga pants who shouldn’t be wearing them at MBS

half empty stadium when we play the bucs

Tim Mazetti and FalconBlood like this

Honestly in true Atlanta irony since we went through so much effort to get the OL improved I expect Ryan to get injured and miss games probably tanking our season.

Its the Falcons way, a plan never comes together like expected and things always disappoint.

If all of your aims came true, we'd easily win the Super Bowl. I agree with later posts about we can be fine if Freeman is average, but a dominant Hageman changes things immensely. It feels a while since we could keep running the ball and close a game out. 

Time will tell.

10 hours ago, RichardCNile said:

Robert Alford not get a PI call.  Lol. Never mind.  We’re good on this one. 

Why should this matter to the falcons this upcoming season?

15 minutes ago, high impact said:

Have Mad597 traded to some other team’s message board and forever band from ours!!

Come on dude posting that is just wrong. 

Been a fan since the 70s seen it many times. We were supposed to have it all together in 1981 and watched that all fall apart, same with 1999 when Jamal went down it tanked us, and the 2003 season when Vick broke his leg that tanked us.

Or how about the time we had a chance to see Abraham, Kerney, Coleman on DL together but that group never really played a snap together due to injuries.

Look this is the Falcons anytime we shore up one area of the team something bad happens.

This team can try and prove me wrong but they never do. It's up to this team to go against franchise trends, people here shouldn't get all pissy just cause I point them out.

22 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why should this matter to the falcons this upcoming season?

It was a joke,  point was we won’t see his PI or it won’t be an issue for us.  

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

Been a fan since the 70s seen it many times. We were supposed to have it all together in 1981 and watched that all fall apart, same with 1999 when Jamal went down it tanked us, and the 2003 season when Vick broke his leg that tanked us.

Or how about the time we had Abraham, Grady Jackson, Kerney, Coleman on DL but that group never really played a snap together due to injuries.

Look this is the Falcons anytime we shore up one area of the team something bad happens.

This team can try and prove me wrong but they never do. It's up to this team to go against franchise trends, people here should get all lossy just cause I point them out.

Yes been through the same as you been a fan from 1970. I am trying to turn the page. It is a long shot to Win a Super Bowl for any team. I will say this team has fallen off the cliff when a big player is lost for the season. Like they just throw in the towel. They have also fallen short way more than exceeded in the past.  Sure when it looks like they have finally put it all together some other forgotten factor just pops up out of the blue. 

I am not taking my mortgage payment and placing it on the Falcons to win it all. I am though going to try and pull hard and stay positive. Rest assured I will be here giving them what for if they fall flat and look like they could care less. Until then I am moving forward and not looking back into the past. :munch:

Tim Mazetti likes this