Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

I'm excited to see what Quinn could do with the Defense again

30 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, Cole World said:

I know this clip is about the Colts but Quinn defense is all about speed too.

Last season there wasn't any household names in the Colts front four (Hunt, Autry, Sheard, and Lewis) but Eberflus got the most out of them.

Yes,but...

Quinn was in charge of the defense each of the last 4 seasons. While he clearly delegated, he has final word and the power to make any changes that would help the team. Either he had no answers due to the injury situation, or he chose to hold is peace and trust the DC's judgement. Choice two treads dangerously close to setting up the DC as a scapegoat to save his job, and I think DQ's character is higher than that.

So, if the defense 1) stays healthy and 2) plays better...I'm at least going to entertain the thought that health of pro-bowlers could have as much or more impact as whose voice is on the headset. While there is a "hate Rico, love Kazee" movement afloat, if Rico is on the field, I tend to think just his presence and influence will drive positive changes in secondary play. His value to the secondary exceeds his physical skill imho. 

FalconsIn2012 and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

Yes,but...

Quinn was in charge of the defense each of the last 4 seasons. While he clearly delegated, he has final word and the power to make any changes that would help the team. Either he had no answers due to the injury situation, or he chose to hold is peace and trust the DC's judgement. Choice two treads dangerously close to setting up the DC as a scapegoat to save his job, and I think DQ's character is higher than that.

So, if the defense 1) stays healthy and 2) plays better...I'm at least going to entertain the thought that health of pro-bowlers could have as much or more impact as whose voice is on the headset. While there is a "hate Rico, love Kazee" movement afloat, if Rico is on the field, I tend to think just his presence and influence will drive positive changes in secondary play. His value to the secondary exceeds his physical skill imho. 

So if Hageman makes the team and he, Vic, and Takk plays at a dominant level who’s responsible for that?

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

So if Hageman makes the team and he, Vic, and Takk plays at a dominant level who’s responsible for that?

If Neal, Jones, and Rico are healthy and ball...I would expect Vic and Takk to get home more often even with zero individual improvement. Improvement at two levels of the defense leads to an improvement in the 3rd phase just by changing the focus of the opponent. Hageman is his own story. 

I've been negative on Hageman prior to this year. Now I'm objectively cautious in my expectations. I've always taken the "big sample size, we know who he is" approach. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome. That is the dangerous ground Quinn is on. So, he gets some credit if he correctly identifies a changed man. However, he gets all the blame if he is who we've known him to be. For Hageman to be an improved player, he has to first be a changed man. I give him most of the credit for that. To me, its a good chance for TD and DQ to take. Low risk with the potential of reward.

3 hours ago, Cole World said:

The players

On 5/19/2019 at 4:12 AM, Cole World said:

We got Debo but I also like Foyesade Oluokun. He should continue to get better now that he has a year of experience under his belt.

See the tackling technique folks look what part of the body hits first the shoulder not the arms the shoulder.Look where the head is outside of the centre line of the player.Though that should be easy because he’s coming from that angle to hit the RB.

Tackling 101 shoulder first you hit someone with your shoulder this allows for the most part you end up dropping the ball carrier.

Not this wrap up arm reaching BS that everyone talks about shoulder first head outside the centreline,get your target area soughted and then finish with your arms wrapping in that order.

9 times out of 10 it’s game over,ball carriers on the deck.

Cole World and FalconsIn2012 like this