Falconsfan567

Brewers at Braves

325 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I realize that this may be homerish....but is there really a better core of young players in baseball???

I mean the amount of young talent on the braves is just stupidly good

I don't think this is stupid at all. Ozzie, Dansby, Riley, and Swanson is great. Camargo is a nice piece too. Then we still have Freddie and other solid pieces like Donaldson, McCann, and Markakis. Still have guys like Waters and Pache in the minors who could be difference makers too.

This hasn't even included our pitching...

22 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I realize that this may be homerish....but is there really a better core of young players in baseball???

That's just the position players,  figure in Fried and Soroka and sheesh. Lock all those guys up NOW! Never let them wear another uniform! 

59 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

So let’s make it 8-2 with Folty tomorrow then

They said he spent his side throwing days working on his mechanics so let's hope that's the case. Would be nice to finally get the 2018 Folty. I haven't given up faith in him.

Drew4719 and TheTrue7 like this

50 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

This is an epic picture!! This is one I would love to have framed and on my wall!!! This is one of those pictures that 20 years from now you will look at and remember the legends!!

TheTrue7 likes this

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, dmite said:

Been fun to watch the last week.  Ender is probably now a bench player, which is not all bad, great defense and speed off the bench. 

Defense? Yeah. Speed? Not so much. He's not a fast runner, so he won't provide a ton a value there.

But Riley really did come in and take his job.

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Four letter network pic. Days ago. I Watched the game on FOX tonight. I usually watch the home telecast but I have to say that the National version was way better. The highlight shots, the National talk. Way better. The breakdown. I guess I’m tired of the young Carey. Not hating either just a fresh take on the game. I don’t know. Just different and the camera angles were top notch. All of it. 

TheTrue7 likes this

39 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Defense? Yeah. Speed? Not so much. He's not a fast runner, so he won't provide a ton a value there.

But Riley really did come in and take his job.

Ender isn't a fast runner? Since when?

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

No there isn't. This is the most talented young core in baseball from what I have seen

TheTrue7 likes this

And just like that only 4 teams in the NL have more wins than the Braves. Only trail the second best record by 2 games. 

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He really isn't, not that good of a baserunner either. Someone posted a graph with average speed and he wasn't much faster than Freddie. 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprint_speed_leaderboard?year=2019&position=8&team=&min=10

He ranks dead last for qualified CFs in baseball. His 26.3 speed is very average regardless of position. He's literally just a tenth of a second faster than Freddie Freeman and Nick Markakis. Out of the 60 qualifying catchers, 19 are tied or faster than him. 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Well, that sucked Folty. But it was Yelich so we can look past it somewhat 

Couldn’t believe how that ball kept carrying out there, I still think Acuña should’ve caught it on the wall anyway.

The mechanical adjustment has given Folty better stuff. His velocity is rising like they said on the broadcast. Hes back in the upper 90s with the heat.

Drew4719 likes this

Just now, Drew4719 said:

Couldn’t believe how that ball kept carrying out there, I still think Acuña should’ve caught it on the wall anyway.

Yeah I was surprised at that too. Ball didn't see to want to stop. I thought for sure it was going to stay in until it went out lol

Drew4719 likes this