Falconsfan567

Brewers at Braves

325 posts in this topic

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Bring Blevins back.

Getting rid of him was ******* ********!! Just like it is not giving Bryse Wilson and Kyle Wright a chance in the bullpen.

Newcomb has been good in the pen but hes just now learning how be to be a RP. They have to ease him into working multiple days a week.

12 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Seems like no one we bring up for the pen works out. We can't keep sending everybody down! 

Sure we can. Send all the bums down and bring up new bums until you find someone who’s not a bum lol.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

tbh this makes me more scared about the next starts, then anything about today. The Brewers offense is usually unreal and Fried had them shut up, right now I don't trust Folty and Gausman is just OK.

Just find a way to pull out one of the next two in any way.

25 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Sure we can. Send all the bums down and bring up new bums until you find someone who’s not a bum lol.

I don't understand the thinking. We've got guys like Bryse Wilson and Kyle Wright that deserve a shot but aren't getting one and instead continue to run guys like Biddle, Venters, and Sobotka out there. I just don't get it.

30 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't understand the thinking. We've got guys like Bryse Wilson and Kyle Wright that deserve a shot but aren't getting one and instead continue to run guys like Biddle, Venters, and Sobotka out there. I just don't get it.

I couldn't agree more. It's mind boggling.

Falconsfan567 likes this

I stayed away from the board for most of this games and the responses for the near blown game were about what I expected

31 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I stayed away from the board for most of this games and the responses for the near blown game were about what I expected

I know our bullpen sucks, but let's be realistic here. We scored more in an inning than they did in the game. Tonight was AWESOME!

falconsd56 likes this

It won't be the popular move but I think I'd shop Comargo for a solid bullpen arm.  He's probably got the most trade value and with Riley being LF/3B capable along with having Culberson it makes the most sense.  Sure, we could DFA Joyce but he's a solid bench option as well.

4 hours ago, capologist said:

It won't be the popular move but I think I'd shop Comargo for a solid bullpen arm.  He's probably got the most trade value and with Riley being LF/3B capable along with having Culberson it makes the most sense.  Sure, we could DFA Joyce but he's a solid bench option as well.

That would really hurt our depth. Camargo is a much better defender than Joyce and plays a lot more positions. Hes also way younger. We have plenty of prospects we can trade and we can also trade Duvall or use him to replace Joyce later if needed. The Braves altered Duvalls swing and he is hitting .273/.371/.640 with 14 HR at AAA.

55 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Please sign Kimbrel and call the Giants about a MadBum package with a RP ASAP.

I agree with Kimbrel and the need for another reliever. But if the price for Madbum is anywhere near advertised Id laugh and hangup

7 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

I agree with Kimbrel and the need for another reliever. But if the price for Madbum is anywhere near advertised Id laugh and hangup

There is no way on this earth they get what people have reported.

The Giants asking price isn't the biggest issue. It's what does he want to waive his no trade. He gave himself complete leverage. He has 3 rings already, he could ride out the year in SF and go get a new contract in FA.

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

I hope not. It would be a good presence for the rotation with the young guys potentially wearing down and him a vet. 

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Giants asking price isn't the biggest issue. It's what does he want to waive his no trade. He gave himself complete leverage. He has 3 rings already, he could ride out the year in SF and go get a new contract in FA.

True. Kuechel may need time to get right but it may be at same time younger guys hit a wall?

5 hours ago, Malachore said:

No but Madison Bumgarner has the right to block a trade to the Braves. That's the biggest hurdle.