Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Who is more like the hit the "wall" in 2019 Brady or Brees?

58 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I'm ready for a post Brady and Brees NFL, tired of both those douchebags

I would love it if Deion Jones hit Brady and Brees like he did Cam Newton but I don't want them to get a concussion. Just tough them up really good.

It’s gotta be Brady IMO. Idon’t feel like we should be overly concerned about either one. IMO MR2 is playing better then both of ‘em at The moment. If our O-line is improved they will learn to fear us. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

7 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Brees lead the NFL in passes thrown since he became a Saints back in 2006. Brees also has a surgically repaired shoulder that has an extreme amount of mileage on it.

You're right, Brees, according to PFR,  has 7914 passes since 06, 750 more than anyone else, also has more TDs, more yards and a higher completion percentage. Some of that is sheer volume, don't have to like him, but he's really good.

I would say Brees because of his shoulder, the workload, and the fact he threw less than 500 passes for the first time as a saint last year.

My hope is both, but I expect both to play for 2-3 more years. Means both will have played for 20+ years

I also expect Ryan to play for 20+ years. He's said he wants to, and the other two have shown the way.

No signs of issues with either of them...

Brady

4300 yards 29 TDs 97 QB Rating

Brees

4000 yards 32 TDs 115 QB Rating

Both their coaches have adjusted scheme around them as they age. NO led league in rushing last year...Brees will play another 3-5 years of Thats how they want their offense to go and they are successful in it...

Iron Saint likes this

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

You good bro. I couldn't even remember that guy's name. I figured you had it just got em mixed up.

I certainly don’t think Stedham is the heir apparent to Brady, but we shall see.

Yo_Lover likes this

9 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I certainly don’t think Stedham is the heir apparent to Brady, but we shall see.

Probably not, but I'm willing to bet that Belichick wants to win a title without Brady to prove it's him and not Brady who made it all work.

Iron Saint likes this

14 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Probably not, but I'm willing to bet that Belichick wants to win a title without Brady to prove it's him and not Brady who made it all work.

I thought they would possibly move up to #14 to grab Daniel Jones....or even grab Josh Rosen

Considering that the Saints' OL interior is going through some changes, I would expect it to be Breesus. Sure they signed Latavius Murray after losing Mark Ingram but he's more of an inside RB that I predict will get stuffed a lot (including Kamara) trying to go inside.  Breesus will be running for his life outside of the pocket (sound familiar?) and that's where the Saints will have to work their offense at least for the better part of this season. 

As for Brady, he won't need to throw nearly as much having Sony Michel (who did an outstanding job last season) along with James White/Rex Burkhead and if that wasn't enough, now they've added Damien Harris.  Brady won't be required to throw as much and just pound the rock down people's throats despite losing his moved beloved weapon in Gronk (They did sign ASJ and still have Benjamin Watson, neither of whom are anywhere near Gronk's caliber).  WR corps should be good with Demarius Thomas being added.

So my pick for hitting a 'wall' will be Drew Brees and I hope it is 'our' wall that hits him most often!  :lol:

19 hours ago, falconidae said:

Too bad he didn't come to Atlanta to prove it with Matt Ryan.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:01 AM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I would love to see the Falcons d line just knock them around like they do Cam Newton all the time.

Our OL isn’t busted like Carolina’s line continuously is. :lol:

Dunno about a wall but I think Brady’s Oline is better and Saints lost their all pro center to retirement. I don’t care that they think they drafted his replacement in the 2nd round. So I would say Brees. Think he’s gonna get hammered up the middle this season. 

I am convinced that the NFL would not let either one of them have a "hard" landing and would arrange an injury or such that each could use as an excuse to retire.

1 hour ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Dunno about a wall but I think Brady’s Oline is better and Saints lost their all pro center to retirement. I don’t care that they think they drafted his replacement in the 2nd round. So I would say Brees. Think he’s gonna get hammered up the middle this season. 

Brady was sacked 21 times last year, Brees 17. Both teams each lost one player along their line this offseason.

We replaced Unger with a guy that gave up 1 sack in 3 years at Texas A&M and playing against SEC talent. Unger gave up more sacks than that just last year.

The Patriots replaced Trent Brown (who’s 26) with a player that is 5 years older (Veldheer) and has the same amount of NFL accolades as McCoy does, zero.

I don't know what anyone sees from Brady that suggests he's even close to hitting a wall. He looks as good to me as he did five or six years ago.

And all Brees does is drop four yard dump passes 3 hours every **** week, so I'm afraid we're stuck with both those a-holes for the foreseeable future.

4 hours ago, octoslash said:

I don't know what anyone sees from Brady that suggests he's even close to hitting a wall. He looks as good to me as he did five or six years ago.

And all Brees does is drop four yard dump passes 3 hours every **** week, so I'm afraid we're stuck with both those a-holes for the foreseeable future.

they can stay as long as they want I just hope the Falcons can figure out how to beat them just like we seem to usually get the upperhand on Newton and Rodgers.

9 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Brady was sacked 21 times last year, Brees 17. Both teams each lost one player along their line this offseason.

We replaced Unger with a guy that gave up 1 sack in 3 years at Texas A&M and playing against SEC talent. Unger gave up more sacks than that just last year.

The Patriots replaced Trent Brown (who’s 26) with a player that is 5 years older (Veldheer) and has the same amount of NFL accolades as McCoy does, zero.

Brees looked pretty mediocre coming down the stretch last year. 7 TDs/6 Ints last 5 games reg season games. Not impressive in either playoff game as well.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:13 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Which Quarterback do you think is more likely to hit the "wall" in 2019 like Peyton Manning did in 2015 Drew Brees or Tom Brady? Which Quarterback do you think will hit that wall first? 

Neither ,, Because that is not who they are,, and the reason why they are known as two of the best QBs in the league. I have no reason to think either would have a terrible season. Two of the most consistent QBs ever.  The good news for us is that Ryan is in that same catagory.. Consistent is what we want also. And we have never had to wonder if Ryan would do his part in helping us win. IMO ,, he is never the reason why we lose.. Yes nobody is perfect.. But he is in the top tier of QBs in the league,, and when it comes to consistentcy ,, Ryan is as good as it gets. That's why we have to take advantage and win now.. Ryan won't always be our starting QB.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:25 AM, mc said:

Lol. No way  Brees plays 3 more years.

I remember these same comments 3 years ago by many people.

Iron Saint likes this

2 hours ago, SaintRay said:

I remember these same comments 3 years ago by many people.

those comments were likely due to the fact the Saints had just finished the 20th straight 7-9 season. If yall had another 7-9 season I believe Payton and Brees both would have been gone after 2017. That season saved you guys from starting over. 

However that does not change the fact Brees is 40. He is not playing much longer and he himself has hinted at that plenty of times.