Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kung Fu Kenny

Apparently Adam Gase wanted Tevin Coleman

46 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He does I believe. Maybe that agent was concerned about getting Bell the biggest contract for a RB

agreed, im with you on this one. Agent has lowered his value definitely. Im not sure he gets that 25-30 mil dollar contract now. He will be devalued in two years when his contract is up, because he will be in the exact same situation with the 49ers as he was with the falcons 

youngbloodz likes this

12 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I was fully expecting Coleman to be a Jet or a Colt.

Same but SF def the best spot for him. Shanahan def knows how to utilize him. Ima still root for him until he plays against us. Ima go to that game so hope he doesn't do well against us.

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You can’t use 2018 to measure where the 49ers will be in 2019.  If you thought our injury bug was bad, theirs was downright criminal

13 players ended season on IR.  Nearly 70 million of their CAP was on IR.

For comparison, we had 22 million of our CSP on IR

I didn’t use last season as anything. Simply mentioned something that happened last season 

Falconsin2012 likes this

7 hours ago, caponine said:

it still baffles me about coleman, i mean 49ers are nowhere near a championship team and the eagles were looking to sign him. He has no financial stability at all imo. He has 2 kids now, 

I think he was betting on the coach he knows.  Coleman will get a nice sized 3rd contract which is rare for RB’s

caponine likes this

9 hours ago, caponine said:

it still baffles me about coleman, i mean 49ers are nowhere near a championship team and the eagles were looking to sign him. He has no financial stability at all imo. He has 2 kids now, 

So how much money does a guy need to be considered financially stable? If the money is close there is no way I’m choosing philly over San Fran just based on the geography alone. Philly just has the look and feel of a miserable place to live. Why you think there fans are so angry all the time? 

Should have kept Coleman /smh no better  change of pace back and let Quinn pick his bruiser back.

Posted (edited)

Coleman is in a good place.  Familiar with Shanny's system and he gets to run for probably 1/2 mile rushing against the NFC West's run defenses twice next season. (Arizona, Seattle, LA Rams were ranked 27th, 30th and 32nd in Average Yards per Attempt in 2018). 

Edited by falconfansince66

11 hours ago, falconfreak1 said:

So how much money does a guy need to be considered financially stable? If the money is close there is no way I’m choosing philly over San Fran just based on the geography alone. Philly just has the look and feel of a miserable place to live. Why you think there fans are so angry all the time? 

you ever ate at wawa? Ever have a cheesesteak from Gino's or Pat's? You ever ate the pizza? Ever had a boars head sandwich with amoroso rolls? The food here is the best hands down. 

On 5/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, caponine said:

ehhh im not sure, he could have at least gotten a 30-32 mil dollar contract for 4 or 5 years, no doubt that team is gonna be much better this year. The strength of that team will definitely be rb

he could not have. Bell got less than he wanted and so did Coleman. 1 year at like 4 mill or wtv it was...no market for RBs. He lost out.

2 hours ago, nolove4thecrook said:

you ever ate at wawa? Ever have a cheesesteak from Gino's or Pat's? You ever ate the pizza? Ever had a boars head sandwich with amoroso rolls? The food here is the best hands down. 

Sheetz has some good sandwiches 

nolove4thecrook likes this

3 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

he could not have. Bell got less than he wanted and so did Coleman. 1 year at like 4 mill or wtv it was...no market for RBs. He lost out.

doubt it, he was the 2nd best rb in free agency. He should have taken the best deal which was probably with the eagles and the best opportunity. 

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, falconfreak1 said:

if he got that big contract, he would definitely be set. he is barely getting the vet minimum. 2.5 mil a year is horrible tbh . Philly has a much better shot at a ring than SF

Edited by caponine
Vandy likes this

20 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think he was betting on the coach he knows.  Coleman will get a nice sized 3rd contract which is rare for RB’s

true , he probably thinks he gets that with sf but im not so sure now. Like someone else say, i think he will be devalued in teo years.

On 5/18/2019 at 7:25 AM, falconfreak1 said:

So how much money does a guy need to be considered financially stable? 

For most players and agents, the answer is this.....

caponine likes this

ehhh im not sure, he could have at least gotten a 30-32 mil dollar contract for 4 or 5 years, no doubt that team is gonna be much better this year. The strength of that team will definitely be rb

No, he couldn’t have.  This fan base thinks much more highly of Coleman than the rest of the NFL does.  You really think he turned down 8 mil a year over 4 or 5 years for a contract 2yr/10mil?  No one was offering him that, he isn’t going to be a starting back, he is a great complimentary back, but you don’t pay those guys 8 mil a year.

9 minutes ago, rings639 said:

No, he couldn’t have.  This fan base thinks much more highly of Coleman than the rest of the NFL does.  You really think he turned down 8 mil a year over 4 or 5 years for a contract 2yr/10mil?  No one was offering him that, he isn’t going to be a starting back, he is a great complimentary back, but you don’t pay those guys 8 mil a year.

no one said 8 mil a year, thats 6 or 6.5 mil. Eagles, and Gase thought he could be one. Bears also were looking at him. Teams were going to offer him starter money. Just because you think that doesnt mean other teams dont.

It is highly doubtful that Coleman could have gotten a contract that large or that he turned down significantly more money to go to SF.

While it isn't rare for a player to turn down a more lucrative offer, it is very rare to turn down a significantly more lucrative offer.   This is especially true for RBs since they don't tend to be in the league very long and they have to get their money while they can.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:41 PM, nolove4thecrook said:

Pennsylvanian here. This is accurate.

nolove4thecrook likes this

On 5/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, caponine said:

no one said 8 mil a year, thats 6 or 6.5 mil. Eagles, and Gase thought he could be one. Bears also were looking at him. Teams were going to offer him starter money. Just because you think that doesnt mean other teams dont.

You said 30-32 over four or five years.  If that is over four it’s 7.5 to 8 mil a year, if it’s five it’s 6 to 6.4.  

JeffAtl likes this