Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kung Fu Kenny

Apparently Adam Gase wanted Tevin Coleman

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

like i said, Coleman chose to go to 49ers but there were teams that really were interested in him. He had a market, but for some inexplicable reason he chose to go to 49ers. He could have gone to eagles, jets etc.  To the ones that said he had no market or no one was interested in him.

Edited by caponine
Vandy likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

I think Coleman is in a better situation with SanFran TBH. 

ehhh im not sure, he could have at least gotten a 30-32 mil dollar contract for 4 or 5 years, no doubt that team is gonna be much better this year. The strength of that team will definitely be rb

Edited by caponine
Tim Mazetti likes this

Just now, caponine said:

ehhh im not sure, he could have at least gotten a 30-32 mil dollar contract for 4 or 5 years

Yeah. I immediately edited my post right after I thought about it, but I think he has a better chance to make some noise with the 49ers than be in the same division with the Pats, who have been owning the Jets for like 2 decades. 

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Yeah. I immediately edited my post right after I thought about it, but I think he has a better chance to make some noise with the 49ers than be in the same division with the Pats, who have been owning the Jets for like 2 decades. 

i agree with that as i think he comes out the pack as the #1 back. He has a chance to showcase now 

4 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

The Patriots may own them as a whole but that doesn't have any impact on individual performances. Good enough players can still produce on a bad team. As of right now he's still the second option unless McKinnon suffers a setback upon return. New York would have been the better option if he actually wanted to be a lead back unless Shanny made him some type of promise.

13 minutes ago, caponine said:

like i said, Coleman chose to go to 49ers but there were teams that really were interested in him. He had a market, but for some inexplicable reason he chose to go to 49ers. He could have gone to eagles, jets etc.  To the ones that said he had no market or no one was interested in him.

It's not inexplicable. Teco had a good working relationship with Kyle Shanahan and is familiar with his offense. The 49ers was an obvious choice.

FA91, athell, red falcon and 1 other like this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The Patriots may own them as a whole but that doesn't have any impact on individual performances. Good enough players can still produce on a bad team. As of right now he's still the second option unless McKinnon suffers a setback upon return. New York would have been the better option if he actually wanted to be a lead back unless Shanny made him some type of promise.

I was just saying that from a playoff run perspective, the 49ers are closer than the Jets as I think Sanfran has a better shot in the NFC west than the Jets in the AFC East. I don't think Arizona, Seattle, and LA are leaps and bounds better than the 49ers, where as it's almost a foregone conclusion that the Pats will represent their division.

However since any buisness person is about how much money the individual can make and the type of role a player has, you have point. What I don't get is does Gase think Bell isn't that good, or does he just not like the money being shelled out for him?

ya_boi_j likes this

8 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

I was just saying that from a playoff run perspective, the 49ers are closer than the Jets as I think Sanfran has a better shot in the NFC west than the Jets in the AFC East. I don't think Arizona, Seattle, and LA are leaps and bounds better than the 49ers, where as it's almost a foregone conclusion that the Pats will represent their division.

However since any buisness person is about how much money the individual can make and the type of role a player has, you have point. What I don't get is does Gase think Bell isn't that good, or does he just not like the money being shelled out for him?

Sam Francisco upgraded their front 7 defensively but on offense they got no better imo. The Rams and Seahawks are still the front runners unless Jimmy G can work miracles. I watched 1 game last year before he got hurt and felt extremely bad for him because those receivers couldn’t catch a cold. 

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

1 hour ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

I think Coleman is in a better situation with SanFran TBH. 

Except maybe NY might have paid him a little more 

I could see Coleman being the starter by week 3 IMO

1 hour ago, No.11 said:

It's not inexplicable. Teco had a good working relationship with Kyle Shanahan and is familiar with his offense. The 49ers was an obvious choice.

There's also the seafood down at the wharf to consider.  Wow.  

He made a good choice.  

I seriously doubt the Jets even offered Coleman a contract. No way he would turn down millions more on his 1st contract AFTER he was a 4th round draft pick. Makes no financial sense at all. 

caponine, NeonDeion and JeffAtl like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I seriously doubt the Jets even offered Coleman a contract. No way he would turn down millions more on his 1st contract AFTER he was a 4th round draft pick. Makes no financial sense at all. 

it still baffles me about coleman, i mean 49ers are nowhere near a championship team and the eagles were looking to sign him. He has no financial stability at all imo. He has 2 kids now, 

Edited by caponine
youngbloodz likes this

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sam Francisco upgraded their front 7 defensively but on offense they got no better imo. The Rams and Seahawks are still the front runners unless Jimmy G can work miracles. I watched 1 game last year before he got hurt and felt extremely bad for him because those receivers couldn’t catch a cold. 

You can’t use 2018 to measure where the 49ers will be in 2019.  If you thought our injury bug was bad, theirs was downright criminal

13 players ended season on IR.  Nearly 70 million of their CAP was on IR.

For comparison, we had 22 million of our CSP on IR

7 hours ago, No.11 said:

ik but for money and a ring  ? he would have been better off going to eagles 

34 minutes ago, caponine said:

it still baffles me about coleman, i mean 49ers are nowhere near a championship team and the eagles were looking to sign him. He has no financial stability at all imo. He has 2 kids now, 

Hopefully he gets another agent if he really took less money. 

If this is true, Jets could be looking at the 49ers. Trade McKinnon and Coleman to the jets. Thats who the jets wanted. There are talks of one of the sf backs getting traded. Its that popular rumor this offseason that doesn’t go away

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Hopefully he gets another agent if he really took less money. 

it really is strange because i thought he had the same agent as bell. But you are definitely right 

youngbloodz likes this

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

it really is strange because i thought he had the same agent as bell. But you are definitely right 

He does I believe. Maybe that agent was concerned about getting Bell the biggest contract for a RB