Goober Pyle

Schultz: Scott Pioli’s exit is a significant loss in the Falcons’ front office

100 posts in this topic

This hurts bad. Blank took the duties from TD and gave them to Pioli, cause TD couldn't do them. Blank didnt trust him anymore to do them, but now we all suppose to believe that TD will mysteriously start performing these duties (that was taken away previously) good or acceptable? Hogwash!!! I rather believe that Beasley will once again become an All Pro Sack Master after being here 5 years before TD has learned anything about scouting and drafting. 

Atl Falcon likes this

Find it interesting how, as others have pointed out, if a poster doesn't like a pick, they blame it on TD, if they do like a pick, it was Pioli. As if Pioli wasn't involved at all in picking Riley or Jalen Collins. Or TD wasn't involved at all in picking Jones, Neal or Ridley.

Yeah, Pioli is good, but he's not irreplaceable.

12 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Pioli has a huge impact on the star players the falcons have on the roster right now. Let’s not forget the changes Blank made restructuring the FO. IMO  Pioli was the center piece to that success. Let’s just hope he’s not missed.  I’m not convinced TD can do it without a Pioli in the background. It’s showtime for TD and sounds like AB IS getting restless. I’ll reserve judgement for a couple of yrs but in the meantime I’ll be pulling for ole spiky hair.

Link?

5 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Find it interesting how, as others have pointed out, if a poster doesn't like a pick, they blame it on TD, if they do like a pick, it was Pioli. As if Pioli wasn't involved at all in picking Riley or Jalen Collins. Or TD wasn't involved at all in picking Jones, Neal or Ridley.

Yeah, Pioli is good, but he's not irreplaceable.

:lol: You're right!

Funny thing is, they don't know they're doing it. And if they do, its clear bias.

8 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

This hurts bad. Blank took the duties from TD and gave them to Pioli, cause TD couldn't do them. Blank didnt trust him anymore to do them, but now we all suppose to believe that TD will mysteriously start performing these duties (that was taken away previously) good or acceptable? Hogwash!!! I rather believe that Beasley will once again become an All Pro Sack Master after being here 5 years before TD has learned anything about scouting and drafting. 

Lol not true at all. Quit putting trash out.

50 minutes ago, Beef said:

Because Schultz is a Falcon-hating trash reporter who consciously tries to slant everything negative he writes about us.

I’ve said this before and been contradicted. He’s not a fan of this team and consistently tries to throw subtle shade our way.

I assure you he was giddy to write this article and tell everyone how bad this is for us.

Notice how he subtly inserts that the organization has gone “too corporate and less genuine”, and “everyone is on edge”, but then goes, “but this isn’t why Pioli is leaving”?

He’s of the same hater ilk as DLed, just more subtle about it.

We have been subject to pure torture by a beat writer like D Orlando Ledbetter who cannot talk, cannot spell and who thinks he is smarter than Quinn-Dimitroff-Pioli combined and you are gonna complain about Schultz? :huh:

The Daywalker likes this

20 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Do you understand there are still TWO other former GMs on staff under Dimitroff?   If not, let me introduce you.

Phil Emery - former Bears GM

Ruston Webster - former Titans GM

Geneaut and Ovie_Lover like this

23 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

The homers don’t want to accept the facts.... Schultz is on it - I promise you AB hates to see SP go 

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

We have been subject to pure torture by a best writer like D Orlando Ledbetter who cannot talk, cannot spell and who thinks he is smarter than Quinn-Dimitroff-Pioli combined and you are gonna complain about Schultz? :huh:

Well we've all complained about DLed plenty.  I certainly have.  Why can't I point out ANOTHER trash Falcon hating reporter??

The only difference between these 2 a-holes is that Schultz has a IQ above the tard level and is more clever about inserting his negativity/derogatory remarks regarding our team.

TNFalcon1 and Vandy like this

26 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Really love you making up stuff about TD having no duties and then using a "Pioli pick" to make your point.

Unless you're saying Dimi is only reasonable for the picks that didn't pan out?

Just now, Beef said:

Well we've all complained about DLed plenty.  I certainly have.  Why can't I point out ANOTHER trash Falcon hating reporter??

The only difference between these 2 a-holes is that Schultz has a IQ above the tard level and is more clever about inserting his negativity/derogatory remarks regarding our team.

Meh.   I like Schultz.  I see him on both sides of Falcons positive and negative which honestly is where a columnist should be.  I can go back and show you plenty of positive Falcons columns by Schultz.   He is a talented writer and he’s mostly fair.   He takes a shot every now and then when called for and occasionally a gratuitous one but he doesn’t have it in for the Falcons.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Meh.   I like Schultz.  I see him on both sides of Falcons positive and negative which honestly is where a columnist should be.  I can go back and show you plenty of positive Falcons columns by Schultz.   He is a talented writer and he’s mostly fair.   He takes a shot every now and then when called for and occasionally a gratuitous one but he doesn’t have it in for the Falcons.

Okay let's just agree to disagree.

He use to do radio interviews on the regular on 790, but the station was getting flooded with complaints for a reason, so they ended his contract and stopped inviting him on.

You're an outlier, I assure you.

11 minutes ago, Beef said:

Okay let's just agree to disagree.

He use to do radio interviews on the regular on 790, but the station was getting flooded with complaints for a reason, so they ended his contract and stopped inviting him on.

You're an outlier, I assure you.

I will post you an article or two.  

Wow, what a big to do about nothing. Hopefully Thomas Dimitroff and everyone else in the Atlanta Falcons organization learned whatever Scott Pioli had worth learning. If he takes the NY Jets GM job then so be it. It would just mean he is an ambitious man. Who can blame him for that? Let's go win a Super Bowl.

44 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I will post you an article or two.  

Not going to change anything.  I've seen too much of this from the guy:

Yeah Pioli is good at his job so obviously he will be a big loss. Such groundbreaking journalism here. But its not like Pioli was the reason for our success or anything close to that. Like someone else said, TD has been here without Pioli and had good success. We didn't win a chip with Pioli here either. Seems like just a lot of speculation from the writer. Especially with him whining about how the work atmosphere has changed and its not as genuine and employees are looking over their shoulder. What is the point of even adding that in there when its well known that Pioli and TD are close? There is zero reason to even put that in this article unless you have a negative agenda. 

What we know is TD and Pioli are very close friends. They talked about the issue a year ago and revisited it now. From my perspective, it seems like Pioli left at a good time. I am glad that we had him for the draft and free agency period. I don't see that as some crazy odd time to leave. I feel like he stayed because of his close friendship with TD. 

1 hour ago, Beef said:

What the he!! is all the crap about Pioli being a social justice warrior?

Spoilers: Blank and Ryan aren't exactly in the Limbaugh fanclub themselves....

14 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Pioli has a huge impact on the star players the falcons have on the roster right now. Let’s not forget the changes Blank made restructuring the FO. IMO  Pioli was the center piece to that success. Let’s just hope he’s not missed.  I’m not convinced TD can do it without a Pioli in the background. It’s showtime for TD and sounds like AB IS getting restless. I’ll reserve judgement for a couple of yrs but in the meantime I’ll be pulling for ole spiky hair.

Hyperbole much?

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, Beef said:

Yup.

With crap like this no wonder none of these clowns get access like Andy from MMQB. Speculation, under the belt jabs from crap like this. Falcons will probably miss Pioli but not like he was the reason for all good picks and TD was reason for bad picks.

Ovie_Lover likes this