Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

Shanny Recreating 2016 Offense

66 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

But did we ? Nooo

It's like Person never practiced snapping the ball. Ever. It made no sense.

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

It's like Person never practiced snapping the ball. Ever. It made no sense.

Unlike. What other lesser known bad decisions were there

On 5/16/2019 at 8:15 PM, athell said:

Honestly, this place overrates him as a blocker.  He's alright, but people around here make him out to be like Gronk or something.

Paulsen, Stocker, both much better (not that you were comparing).  

Oh well, I do think he is a good guy so I wish him the best.

totally disagree on paulsen, levine is head and shoulders better than him. one reason schrader fell of a cliff is bc levine left. Stocker we shall see. I do like how MM ran the ball for the titans

red falcon and athell like this

2 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

totally disagree on paulsen, levine is head and shoulders better than him. one reason schrader fell of a cliff is bc levine left. Stocker we shall see. I do like how MM ran the ball for the titans

That's cool and all, but Paulsen's successful block percentage was much higher than Levi's.  I'd have to go back and look but ole Pauly was/is one of the better blocking tight ends in the league.  He's just not a sexy or well known name.  Levi's biggest claim to fame was his 6'7" frame that he really could do nothing with which will forever baffle me.

Stocker from what I have seen can lay the wood as well, so I think he will be a welcome addition.

the only thing this article really shows is once again the myth that TD picks players by himself that coaches dont want or sign off on is wrong. After MM, Dirk Kotter, and Mike Smith left they all took some players from the falcons. In the new era Kyle is taking all of our leftovers. just saying

red falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

That's cool and all, but Paulsen's successful block percentage was much higher than Levi's.  I'd have to go back and look but ole Pauly was/is one of the better blocking tight ends in the league.  He's just not a sexy or well known name.  Levi's biggest claim to fame was his 6'7" frame that he really could do nothing with which will forever baffle me.

Stocker from what I have seen can lay the wood as well, so I think he will be a welcome addition.

for what year, when levine was a falcon he moved folks back in the run game and was a good pass protector on play action that could leak out occasionally and catch a all. Paulsen is partly to blame for the bad season the o line had last yr as well bc he is the primary blocking TE, I dont need stats I saw him and schrader get whipped a lot. the only bright spot was actually when Ty came in and started mashing folks at least some in the run game the last quarter of the season

3 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

for what year, when levine was a falcon he moved folks back in the run game and was a good pass protector on play action that could leak out occasionally and catch a all. Paulsen is partly to blame for the bad season the o line had last yr as well bc he is the primary blocking TE, I dont need stats I saw him and schrader get whipped a lot. the only bright spot was actually when Ty came in and started mashing folks at least some in the run game the last quarter of the season

When we signed Logan I did a bunch of research and reading up on him.  He was a terrific blocker.  He had a rough year with us no doubt, cannot deny that.  Hopefully he thrives along a better line.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

When we signed Logan I did a bunch of research and reading up on him.  He was a terrific blocker.  He had a rough year with us no doubt, cannot deny that.  Hopefully he thrives along a better line.

thats my really only pt. since levine left we havent had a real good blocking Te which I think is far more valuable than some, and we have tried a lot last yr it was paulsen a couple of yrs ago it was bear pascoe. While we had a hof as TE1 in Tony G and now a pro bowler as a TE1 now in hooper; besides levine our 2nd te have been cast offs and meh for years. lets see who else was there ummm chase coffman, Michael Palmer who were very meh, there was Justin Peele who was a pretty good overall TE above avg pass catcher and blocker, he even played some FB.

athell likes this

14 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

thats my really only pt. since levine left we havent had a real good blocking Te which I think is far more valuable than some, and we have tried a lot last yr it was paulsen a couple of yrs ago it was bear pascoe. While we had a hof as TE1 in Tony G and now a pro bowler as a TE1 now in hooper; besides levine our 2nd te have been cast offs and meh for years. lets see who else was there ummm chase coffman, Michael Palmer who were very meh, there was Justin Peele who was a pretty good overall TE above avg pass catcher and blocker, he even played some FB.

Do you dare spit on the name of Jacob Tamme?!?!?!  :lol:

jdawg4876 likes this

Koetter and Ryan gonna make us all forget about Hack-ahan...it's no coincidence that his greatest season came when he was up in the booth, away from human contact and interaction; and it's no coincidence that his team is shyte with him back on the sidelines...We would have won LI if he hadn't been the world's biggest egomaniac and decided he was gonna be THE GUY who ran the score up on the vaunted Patriots... His offense was competent, but it was MADE by the players.  Cutty and Ryan, Freeman, Julio, Sanu, Ridley, a decent Oline...all gonna fit together like wood, fire and meat...

Image result for steak on the grill

1 hour ago, athell said:

Do you dare spit on the name of Jacob Tamme?!?!?!  :lol:

ha ha lol he was alright too not much of a blocker though

athell likes this

2 hours ago, athell said:

I think Toilolo graded out as the best blocking TE in football last year.  People really don’t appreciate how much he helped Schraeder on the edge

athell, red falcon and jdawg4876 like this

15 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think Toilolo graded out as the best blocking TE in football last year.  People really don’t appreciate how much he helped Schraeder on the edge

Link?

11 minutes ago, athell said:

Link?

Toilolo, 28 in July, spent the first five years of his career with the Falcons. Toilolo is mostly known for his blocking ability, but he did manage 31 catches for 238 yards in 2014 with Atlanta. He also stretched the field a bit with a 20.3 yards-per-catch average in 2016 on a limited sample of receptions. Last year, with the Lions, he had 21 catches for 263 yards.

Last year, the advanced metrics at Pro Football Focus gave Toilolo an 87.0 score for pass blocking, the best of any qualified tight end in the NFL. With the Niners, the veteran will battle with sixth-round pick (and fellow Stanford product) Kaden Smith for playing time behind George KittleGarrett CelekRoss Dwelley, and undrafted rookie Tyree Mayfieldare also in the mix.

athell likes this

8 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Toilolo, 28 in July, spent the first five years of his career with the Falcons. Toilolo is mostly known for his blocking ability, but he did manage 31 catches for 238 yards in 2014 with Atlanta. He also stretched the field a bit with a 20.3 yards-per-catch average in 2016 on a limited sample of receptions. Last year, with the Lions, he had 21 catches for 263 yards.

Last year, the advanced metrics at Pro Football Focus gave Toilolo an 87.0 score for pass blocking, the best of any qualified tight end in the NFL. With the Niners, the veteran will battle with sixth-round pick (and fellow Stanford product) Kaden Smith for playing time behind George KittleGarrett CelekRoss Dwelley, and undrafted rookie Tyree Mayfieldare also in the mix.

No kidding, good for him I guess.  When I looked up Paulsen (and Toilolo at the time) Logan was around there and Levi was in the low 70s.  Good for him.

FalconsIn2012 likes this