Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

Shanny Recreating 2016 Offense

66 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

You make too much sense. That would have been perfect. I guess he was riding his mo and when John Lynch and the storied 49er franchise was just too much for him to pass up. I mean a lot of his success came from talent. 

He was a one hit wonder....**** of a hit, but still just a one hit wonder.

Also in this article are we supposed to look kindly back on the worst center in NFL history? Person couldn't hike the ball. It is literally the most important job he had.

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I know...a bit odd for sure.  

If it's the Falcoholic, they do a silly and completely made up "fact" for every article.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

He needs .. Ryan, Matthews, “healthy” Levitre, Mack, Chester, “prime” Schraeder, Julio, Gabriel, Sanu, Hooper, Freeman & Coleman . 

Hes got 1 of the 12 . Lol . 

3 hours ago, Nereek said:

when he gets fired after the season, do we bring him back?

Well...  At the end of the season, did we just win the Superbowl?  If so, nah.  If not, maybe...

1 hour ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

You know he could have recreated it?  Staying as the OC of a loaded offense instead of bolting for the first train wreak to offer him a job.  Had he waited one more year he could have had another SuperBowl run in 17 and maybe taken a team like the Colts .. who made a playoff run last season.  

So, are you saying you would have turned down a ten-fold increase in salary opp to be an NFL Head Coach? :ninja:

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

He needs .. Ryan, Matthews, “healthy” Levitre, Mack, Chester, “prime” Schraeder, Julio, Gabriel, Sanu, Hooper, Freeman & Coleman . 

Hes got 1 of the 12 . Lol . 

He has same/similar for all of that except Julio & Mack

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Kind of a silly article, but interesting.  And who knew Shanny owned the worlds largest collection of hotdog memorabilia?

Kyle Shanahan continues quest to recreate 2016 Super Bowl offense 

Fact: Kyle Shanahan owns the world’s largest collection of hot dog memorabilia 

By James Rael@falcoholicjames  May 15, 2019, 4:43pm EDT

Former Falcons offensive coordinator and current 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan should’ve just run the **** ball! isn’t on the figurative “hot seat,” but after a lackluster 2018, his seat is officially warm. And as he embarks on the treacherous journey ahead, Shanahan doesn’t mind keeping a safety blanket nearby. 

4781919_w192.png

According to Ian Rapoport, the 49ers plan to sign Levine Toilolo. He’s actually already listed on their official roster, so this appears to be a done deal. Levine hasn’t done much since leaving the Falcons, racking up 21 receptions and 263 receiving yards (1 touchdown) with the Lions last season. Interestingly his PFF grade of 66.5 ranked 29th among NFL TEs in 2018. 

As you know, both Tevin Coleman and Ben Garland signed with the 49ers during the off-season. Daniel Brunskill is also with the 49ers now. (He spent a couple years with the Falcons in the immediate aftermath of the Super Bowldebacle.) The 49ers signed him in early April. Mike Person was on the Falcons roster during their Super Bowl run but was cut in October of that year. (Lucky him!) The 49ers signed him to a three year, $9 million extension in March. 

Is this a deliberate strategy by Shanny to reclaim the glory he let slip through his pass-happy fingers? Of course it is! Discuss.

That was the best Falcons team ever

Man amazing memories. How did we get so open.

I don't think Shanny is silly enough to think he can re-create what we had here in 2016.  I think he's just adding some veteran players, who have Super Bowl experience....in the end they probably won't even make the cut-down to the 53 man roster... 

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

If they can keep Garroppolo healthy 49ers may be the surprise team of league next year.

He’s fantastic. I don’t think people realize. I think he could be Top 5 in 2-3 years 

red falcon and No.11 like this

8 hours ago, Jesus said:

He was a one hit wonder....**** of a hit, but still just a one hit wonder.

Also in this article are we supposed to look kindly back on the worst center in NFL history? Person couldn't hike the ball. It is literally the most important job he had.

Did Shanny predate Mack?

12 hours ago, Nereek said:

when he gets fired after the season, do we bring him back?

Probably, because Matt will have gotten Dirk and Mike Head Coaching Jobs again.

Shanny has no problem winning when JG was healthy. People act like he hasn’t played a game for SF yet...

that said, as much as Shanny  is put on a pedestal, he has no rings, and has had good offenses, but only one great one...that’s one with Falcons personnel. 

I don’t think he gets fired this year regardless, and if he does not seeing how he makes it back to ATL unless Q gets fired and a new GM/HC bring him back.

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

If they can keep Garroppolo healthy 49ers may be the surprise team of league next year.

I'm thinking that'll be the Browns, although I don't know if that would be a surprise

Vandy likes this

13 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

He’s fantastic. I don’t think people realize. I think he could be Top 5 in 2-3 years 

They're gonna find out this season when we play them. Not saying they'll win, but it won't be easy.

It's clear in the way he plays and approaches the game that he's studied Brady very well. Jimmy G is no Matt Cassel or Brian Hoyer--he's a gamer.

NeonDeion likes this

19 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Maybe. I'm still not entirely sold on Jimmy G. I don't think he's bad per say, I'm just hesitant.

He has proved absolutely nothing so far, so I'm not sure why everyone is high on him. A massive question mark in my opinion.

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

16 hours ago, Jesus said:

He's gonna need a real QB. Those three back-ups aren't gonna cut it.

this was indirectly my point above  ;)

8 hours ago, Jesus said:

Yea he brought in Person in 2015. We all should seen his bad decision making then.

But did we ? Nooo

Jesus likes this