Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

Shanny Recreating 2016 Offense

66 posts in this topic

Kind of a silly article, but interesting.  And who knew Shanny owned the worlds largest collection of hotdog memorabilia?

Kyle Shanahan continues quest to recreate 2016 Super Bowl offense 

Fact: Kyle Shanahan owns the world’s largest collection of hot dog memorabilia 

By James Rael@falcoholicjames  May 15, 2019, 4:43pm EDT

Former Falcons offensive coordinator and current 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan should’ve just run the **** ball! isn’t on the figurative “hot seat,” but after a lackluster 2018, his seat is officially warm. And as he embarks on the treacherous journey ahead, Shanahan doesn’t mind keeping a safety blanket nearby. 

4781919_w192.png

According to Ian Rapoport, the 49ers plan to sign Levine Toilolo. He’s actually already listed on their official roster, so this appears to be a done deal. Levine hasn’t done much since leaving the Falcons, racking up 21 receptions and 263 receiving yards (1 touchdown) with the Lions last season. Interestingly his PFF grade of 66.5 ranked 29th among NFL TEs in 2018. 

As you know, both Tevin Coleman and Ben Garland signed with the 49ers during the off-season. Daniel Brunskill is also with the 49ers now. (He spent a couple years with the Falcons in the immediate aftermath of the Super Bowldebacle.) The 49ers signed him in early April. Mike Person was on the Falcons roster during their Super Bowl run but was cut in October of that year. (Lucky him!) The 49ers signed him to a three year, $9 million extension in March. 

Is this a deliberate strategy by Shanny to reclaim the glory he let slip through his pass-happy fingers? Of course it is! Discuss.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If they can keep Garroppolo healthy 49ers may be the surprise team of league next year.

Maybe. I'm still not entirely sold on Jimmy G. I don't think he's bad per say, I'm just hesitant.

Vandy likes this

21 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Maybe. I'm still not entirely sold on Jimmy G. I don't think he's bad per say, I'm just hesitant.

Me too. He’s not playing behind the New England Offensive line. Nor does he have people entrenched in a culture of not making mistakes. 

8 minutes ago, athell said:

Bucs have been signing our castoffs for years, how's that worked out for 'em?

I like Coleman and Toilolo for SF...but your general point is on point

athell likes this

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Shanny trying to recreate the magic. Can’t say I blame him. Shoulda picked QW.  

Yeah buddy! Toilolo, person and garland, THAT was the basis of that 2016 record setting offense, No. Doubt. About. IT!

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I like Coleman and Toilolo for SF...but your general point is on point

Toilolo is just a dude.

Coleman should be a good toy for him.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Just now, athell said:

Toilolo is just a dude.

Coleman should be a good toy for him.

Toilolo makes their offensive line much better.  Such a great blocking TE.  But he is just a guy as a receiver

Geneaut, jdawg4876 and athell like this

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Toilolo makes their offensive line much better.  Such a great blocking TE.  But he is just a guy as a receiver

Honestly, this place overrates him as a blocker.  He's alright, but people around here make him out to be like Gronk or something.

Paulsen, Stocker, both much better (not that you were comparing).  

Oh well, I do think he is a good guy so I wish him the best.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

when he gets fired after the season, do we bring him back?

If the Falcons are looking for an OC and it isn’t because Koetter took a HC job somewhere else....

Chances are the Falcons will be looking for a HC as well

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

I bet he never argues at all when someone says “pass” the catch up :ninja::ninja:

Ba dum ching!

Yeah buddy! Toilolo, person and garland, THAT was the basis of that 2016 record setting offense, No. Doubt. About. IT!

Hahah. Toilolo was a one man wrecking crew. Who needs jimmy g?

If SF could find a center and a playmaker on the outside, they could win that division this year.  Their OL was top 6 halfway thru the year and with a 3rd string qb their RB’s still averaged 4.9 ypc.  

2 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Shanny trying to recreate the magic. Can’t say I blame him. Shoulda picked QW.  

You know he could have recreated it?  Staying as the OC of a loaded offense instead of bolting for the first train wreak to offer him a job.  Had he waited one more year he could have had another SuperBowl run in 17 and maybe taken a team like the Colts .. who made a playoff run last season.  

VTCrunkler and papachaz like this

9 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

You know he could have recreated it?  Staying as the OC of a loaded offense instead of bolting for the first train wreak to offer him a job.  Had he waited one more year he could have had another SuperBowl run in 17 and maybe taken a team like the Colts .. who made a playoff run last season.  

You make too much sense. That would have been perfect. I guess he was riding his mo and when John Lynch and the storied 49er franchise was just too much for him to pass up. I mean a lot of his success came from talent. 

red falcon likes this