WOR

General Draft Thread

1,234 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Cam Reddish or nothing 

The 35% shooter who can’t pass and is an average defender is who you think Schlenk wants?

Does that really gel with any other pick he’s made?

IMHO no good center prospects, just keep Dedmon and Alec and maybe get Whiteside.  We get wings from draft, Sekou Doumbouya as SF, Brandon Clarke as well. and Matisse too.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

The 35% shooter who can’t pass and is an average defender is who you think Schlenk wants?

Does that really gel with any other pick he’s made?

Yeah the guy that was sandwich between RJ and Zion and had to third wheel it and deal with RJ ****** ball IQ ..cam is clearly better than what people saw..and if he’s there he’s getting picked by the hawks. 

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Yeah the guy that was sandwich between RJ and Zion and had to third wheel it and deal with RJ ****** ball IQ ..cam is clearly better than what people saw..and if he’s there he’s getting picked by the hawks. 

Right, RJ and Zion are the reasons Cam only made 154 out of 432 shot attempts and only 70 assists in 1,069 minutes played.

Can't shoot, can't rebound, can't pass, can't create plays, is a turnover machine, and makes no impact on defense.  He's got a whopping PER of 13.6 (college AVERAGE is 15.0).

Yeah, brilliant choice.

Edited by Beef

10 minutes ago, Beef said:

Right, RJ and Zion are the reasons Cam only made 154 out of 432 shot attempts and only 70 assists in 1,069 minutes played.

Can't shoot, can't rebound, can't pass, can't create plays, is a turnover machine, and makes no impact on defense.  He's got a whopping PER of 13.6 (college AVERAGE is 15.0).

Yeah, brilliant choice.

Yeah and yet the hawks are still high on him which means they see something translating into the nba which isn’t college basketball ..going by your judgement the hawks wouldn’t have drafted Trae either ..because his shooting percentage and turnovers was not looking good by season end. Quit talking like players don’t develop in the NBA..quit talking like college ball don’t hold some players back. Sound like you got a goofy vendetta against a kid who’s going to get better.

slickgadawg likes this

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Yeah and yet the hawks are still high on him which means they see something translating into the nba which isn’t college basketball ..going by your judgement the hawks wouldn’t have drafted Trae either ..because his shooting percentage and turnovers was not looking good by season end. Quit talking like players don’t develop in the NBA..quit talking like college ball don’t hold some players back. Sound like you got a goofy vendetta against a kid who’s going to get better.

You sound like you're taking this personal and can't handle someone not agreeing with you.  "Vendetta"?  WTF?

Trae was a PG averaging 27 ppg and 9 apg, with 42% shooting and a PER of 28.3.  Not only are the dynamics totally different because they play completely different positions with completely different jobs, but Cam's efficiency rating isn't even in the same stratosphere as Trae's.

It's asinine to attempt to correlate them.

Trae's biggest job was to facilitate and create plays, something he was the BEST at in college.  Cam's biggest job was to shoot and score and he wasn't even above average at this in college... on a team where he had n+1 open shots because every defender was more worried about RJ and Zion.

Edited by Beef

31 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Yeah and yet the hawks are still high on him

I've listened to several Schlenk interviews and read quite a few Hawks draft-related articles and seen no specific mention of Reddish.

So where are you getting this?

1 hour ago, Beef said:

You sound like you're taking this personal and can't handle someone not agreeing with you.  "Vendetta"?  WTF?

Trae was a PG averaging 27 ppg and 9 apg, with 42% shooting and a PER of 28.3.  Not only are the dynamics totally different because they play completely different positions with completely different jobs, but Cam's efficiency rating isn't even in the same stratosphere as Trae's.

It's asinine to attempt to correlate them.

Trae's biggest job was to facilitate and create plays, something he was the BEST at in college.  Cam's biggest job was to shoot and score and he wasn't even above average at this in college... on a team where he had n+1 open shots because every defender was more worried about RJ and Zion.

And Trae was in a system where it complimented his style of play Trae was also TO prone played little defense and towards he second half of the season was shooting terrible at OU. Cam was turned into an off ball spot up shooter at duke. Which is not his game. The spacing on the floor of the nba will work with his play better. There have been plenty articles posted on twitter by people who cover the hawks that have stated Cam is high on the hawks radar be in denial all you want ..if he’s there the hawks are taking him.

54 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

And Trae was in a system where it complimented his style of play Trae was also TO prone played little defense and towards he second half of the season was shooting terrible at OU. Cam was turned into an off ball spot up shooter at duke. Which is not his game. The spacing on the floor of the nba will work with his play better. There have been plenty articles posted on twitter by people who cover the hawks that have stated Cam is high on the hawks radar be in denial all you want ..if he’s there the hawks are taking him.

You sound like someone who has simply become a fan of a player because they were a "third wheel", and now you want so bad to be right about your feelings that you're trying to sell him to us by making silly crap up to sound like you know WTF you're talking about.

"The spacing on the floor of the nba will work with his play better."  LOL

And yes, I've heard plenty of pundits and draft-nicks suggest the Hawks SHOULD/COULD be interested in Reddish, but none of us have heard Schlenk or anyone inside the organization mention it.  In fact, they haven't mentioned ANYONE because it's utterly stupid for them to show their cards before the draft.

So NOBODY knows who the Hawks are "high" on, last of all any idiots in the media.

You should be careful making definitive statements about who they will assuredly pick.  You might be embarrassed and decide to disappear rather than eat your crow when it doesn't happen.

I watched a bunch of Duke games, and Reddish is simply not that good.  He's a worse shooting Marvin Williams.  Maybe even worse than that because at least Marvin could rebound and pass and find an open man when he didn't have a good shot.

Posted (edited)

Perhaps he's being misled, but Chris Kirschner thinks the Hawks are going to take Cam Reddish if he's there at 8. He's not the only guy that he's mentioned though as a possibility (he's just said guys that he's heard of the most inside the Hawks facility for draft purposes), and the thing that would be of real curiosity is there's no sign the Hawks are interested in Bol Bol at all.

Edited by VoiceofReason95
g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Perhaps he's being misled, but Chris Kirschner thinks the Hawks are going to take Cam Reddish if he's there at 8. He's not the only guy that he's mentioned though as a possibility (he's just said guys that he's heard of the most inside the Hawks facility for draft purposes), and the thing that would be of real curiosity is there's no sign the Hawks are interested in Bol Bol at all.

Writing is on the wall if cam is there his name will be called for the hawks 

44 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Writing is on the wall if cam is there his name will be called for the hawks 

LOL, what "writing"?

You want to know the only things Schlenk has definitively said so far this off-season?

That he's not planning to draft 5 players, he won't be active in FA, AND he wants to continue the plan from last year.

Do you remember the plan?  It was to build a young core directly from the draft of players who can pass, shoot from 3pt, and score.

He selected the best passer who was also a dynamic 3pt shooter, and the next 2 best available 3pt shooters.

He's not going to select a small forward to play the 3 position who has a 33% 3pt shot and can't pass.

If there's any "writing on the wall" it's that he's going to avoid Reddish like the plague.

3 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

My personal feeling is we're packaging picks/working some kind of deal to move up to get Hunter.  He's the only guy who checks every box.

Cameron Reddish NBA Draft Scouting Report

Position

Height

Weight

From

SG  6-8  208  Duke

Born

Wingspan

Standing Reach

Vertical

9/1/99 7-1 1/2 8-4 1/2  NA

cam.png
Overview
A big SG with lots of versatility and intriguing upside. Can play on or off the ball and has an advanced offensive game but struggled with efficiency during his time at Duke. Should get drafted in the lottery based on talent alone but will have to show it during the pre-draft process.

Strengths
Has great size for a SG and tremendous length with a +6 wingspan. He's a well built and strong athlete who has good coordination and excellent burst.

Can be effective in iso situations and knows how to get his own shot (just needs to hit it!). Has a nice feel for getting to the rim and uses crossovers and hesitation dribbles well. Can rise up over defenders to get his shot and does a nice job of creating space off the dribble.

Has combo guard skills and is developing nice handles. A slasher type with a quick first step. Shows pretty good set-up ability and court awareness.

Reddish is a versatile defender who can hold his own at multiple positions, including being able to stay with most point guards thanks to his length and quick feet. He fits the mold of a modern NBA wing who is interchangeable at the 1-3 positions.

Weaknesses
Needs to tighten up the mechanics on his jumper and continue to become a consistent threat from outside. Shot poorly from mid range and from 3 this year and it remains to be seen if that shot will translate/improve.

Isn't the most explosive athlete and lacks top-end burst and leaping ability. Can play above the rim but doesn't hang out there.

Seems too passive on the court. Needs to play with more fire and intensity and impose his will on the game.

Comparisons
Reminds of Joe Johnson but is further along in his development at this stage.
Has a little Penny Hardaway in his game (but not as creative).

Projection: lottery pick in the 2019 NBA Draft 

1 hour ago, Beef said:

My personal feeling is we're packaging picks/working some kind of deal to move up to get Hunter.  He's the only guy who checks every box.

It is true that several plugged in NBA writers have said Hawks are “in like” with Cam Reddish.   Doesn’t mean they will take him but it’s out there and coming from more than one source - Hawks were connected to Trae Young last year, too.

As to De’Andre Hunter, from all I have read, it is thought that Zion, Morant and Barrett go 1, 2, 3 and Phoenix & Chicago will take PGs (Garland/White).

If true, then this means that one of Culver/Hunter/Reddish falls to #8. I don’t think anyone thinks the one  to fall will be Culver but a lot of folks think Reddish might go before Hunter.

I could see Hawks taking whichever of those three falls to them and then maybe the French kid at #10.

Macknsweetjones likes this

Is it any way denver would consider dealing Michael Porter JR? They are set right now as it is. After Zion/Morant/Barrett, how much impact is really available? 

I would offer #8/2 of our 2nd rounders/Cle pick/T.Prince if Porter is healthy.

Young/FA

Huerter/Bembry/T.Horton-Tucker

Porter/FA/Vince

Collins/Spellman

Len/#10

Honestly...I would consider sending 8 & 10 then trade up with all our 2nds to snag a big like Kabengele out of FSU.

On 5/23/2019 at 10:45 PM, jayu70 said:

Would take him at 8 or 10.  Why NC told him to add weight to play PF is a mystery.  He will play SF and has All Star potential

Would also love Tacko Fall in the 2nd.  He shattered all the measurable records at the combine.  Nearly got his team past Zion in the 2nd Round of NCAA tournament 

2 hours ago, bigjmw84 said:

Is it any way denver would consider dealing Michael Porter JR? They are set right now as it is. After Zion/Morant/Barrett, how much impact is really available? 

I would offer #8/2 of our 2nd rounders/Cle pick/T.Prince if Porter is healthy.

Young/FA

Huerter/Bembry/T.Horton-Tucker

Porter/FA/Vince

Collins/Spellman

Len/#10

That's too much for an injured guy. His family injury bloodline is also cause for concern. His 2 sisters retired from ACL tears and his brother also had 2 ACL tears. 

#10 and Cavs 1st at most.

blkbigdog35 likes this

On 5/23/2019 at 0:34 PM, Macknsweetjones said:

To add to what you are saying, heck, I don't see the big deal with R.J. Barrett, lol.   That tells me this is either a very weak draft or the NBA people see something in both R. J. and Reddish that they can develop...

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

To add to what you are saying, heck, I don't see the big deal with R.J. Barrett, lol.   That tells me this is either a very weak draft or the NBA people see something in both R. J. and Reddish that they can develop...

I don’t think either were good fits in duke system ...team had too many ball dominant players. Also college ball is so manipulated by coaches it hurts players. Not much spacing on the court like in the nba.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I don’t think either were good fits in duke system ...team had too many ball dominant players. Also college ball is so manipulated by coaches it hurts players. Not much spacing on the court like in the nba.

Good observation about Duke.  I like Culver more than any of them.  He has a midrange game that I like...

Edited by slickgadawg

25 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Good observation about Duke.  I like Culver more than any of them.  He has a midrange game that I like...

I don’t think Culver make it to us

4 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I don’t think Culver make it to us

He will not which is why they will move up to get him...