WOR

General Draft Thread

1,235 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Culver, and I'm not saying he'll be that good, but it could end up the same way Curry and Harden are the 1 and 2 of that draft. In hindsight I think Culver and Reddish could be the same. 

Culver isn’t like Harden.   Harden is ball dominant and a better shooter.   Culver is more well rounded, better facilitator but not as explosive.

Beef likes this

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Do you like Culver better than Hunter?

Still love this mock 

Culver, more tools in the tool box.

Beef likes this

8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Do you like Culver better than Hunter?

Still love this mock 

Round 1 - Pick 8
team logo
VIRGINIA • SOPH • 6'7" / 225 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

7th

2nd

PPG

RPG

APG

3P%

43.8%
A dream scenario for an up-and-coming Hawks team. Hunter might be the best defender in this draft. He's made exponential improvements in each of his three years at Virginia, so the fact he's an older (21-year-old) prospect ought not faze NBA execs. A Hawks team in need of a defensive stopper (and talented offensive player) would love this young man, who proved himself on the biggest of stages in April's Final Four.

Round 1 - Pick 10
team logo
TEXAS • FR • 6'11" / 220 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

10th

1st

PPG

RPG

APG

3P%

The Hawks lost on the night of the lottery, when two lower-seeded teams jumped them. But in this scenario they win draft night by having two perfect fits fall to them: Hunter and Hayes. Hayes is the most Clint Capela-like player in this draft. He's still learning the sport and the center position, meaning his potential is incredibly high.

Round 1 - Pick 17
team logo
VIRGINIA TECH • SOPH • 6'5" / 204 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

PROSPECT RNK

19th

POSITION RNK

4th

PPG

RPG

APG

3P%

37.4%
Will the Hawks keep all their picks? One would imagine not. If they do, though, Alexander-Walker would be an awesome addition to what's becoming one of the most stacked young rosters in the NBA. He's a smart and versatile player, not an alpha but certainly someone who is a winning rotation player in the NBA.

Whoever came up with that revised Hawks logo should be castrated.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Culver is smooth like silk and just moves effortlessly.  Dude has total body control.  I'm still trying to figure out a good comparison for him but it's tough.  He's got a complete game and can do everything.  I would say KW, but Culver just has a better attitude/personality/demeanor than KW.  He just exudes "Team Player".

He's by far my favorite player in this draft because he's simply a perfect fit for the Hawks at every level.

Hunter is just a notch under Culver and has a bit different play style.  A bigger body and stronger, and slightly higher energy.  But not as smooth as Culver.  

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Whoever came up with that revised Hawks logo should be castrated.

I did it.  Took me forever.  I’m off to the penalty box of shame to try harder

g-dawg and jayu70 like this

31 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

There goes my MT dream 

Hope we keep #35.  Bruno or Claxton may be available there

I think Claxton is going top 25, he was invited to green room late so there must be some whispers he is going earlier than expected

5 minutes ago, Beef said:

Culver is smooth like silk and just moves effortlessly.  Dude has total body control.  I'm still trying to figure out a good comparison for him but it's tough.  He's got a complete game and can do everything.  I would say KW, but Culver just has a better attitude/personality/demeanor than KW.  He just exudes "Team Player".

He's by far my favorite player in this draft because he's simply a perfect fit for the Hawks at every level.

Hunter is just a notch under Culver and has a bit different play style.  A bigger body and stronger, and slightly higher energy.  But not as smooth as Culver.  

Did you see the tweet that Hawks didn’t work out Culver?

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Culver isn’t like Harden.   Harden is ball dominant and a better shooter.   Culver is more well rounded, better facilitator but not as explosive.

Still think you're saying I'm comparing Culver and Harden when that's not what I'm implying at all here. More I'm talking about where they are taken in respective drafts. In hindsight say another decade we'll look back at 2019 and say yeah Reddish and Culver probably Top 5 or Top 3 vs where they are right now.

Edited by Zone#7

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything.  There's gobs of film on him.  They interviewed him at the Combine, so they know his attitude and personality.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Hunter too.  I'd love either one on the Hawks.  They both fit.  I just think Culver is more of a quiet assassin with overwhelmingly elite body control.  Hunter is very dynamic and still checks every box, he's just not as smooth and controlled as Culver.

6 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Still think you're saying I'm comparing Culver and Harden when that's not what I'm implying at all here. More I'm talking about where they are taken in respective drafts. In hindsight say another decade we'll look back at 2019 and say yeah Reddish and Culver probably Top 5 or Top 3 vs where they are right now.

Whenever you make comparisons like that, you will get responses like mine.

Culver is going Top 7 for sure and probably as early as 5th.  Don’t really get your point.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

3 minutes ago, Beef said:

Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything.  There's gobs of film on him.  They interviewed him at the Combine, so they know his attitude and personality.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Hunter too.  I'd love either one on the Hawks.  They both fit.  I just think Culver is more of a quiet assassin with overwhelmingly elite body control.  Hunter is very dynamic and still checks every box, he's just not as smooth and controlled as Culver.

I like Culver and that is who I want but given the flatness of the draft after top 3, surprised we wouldn’t work him out - we worked out tons of guys.

Fuuuuuccccccccckkkkkk this. 

Man I'm so tired of the Hawks just selling off 2nd round picks. 

JFC. 

Drew4719 likes this

2 minutes ago, WOR said:

What complete and total ********. Didn't even wait till the draft to sell it....

Looks like we're keeping 35.

That's likely 4 rookies.

Don't forget you have to have someone on the other end willing to trade with you.  You have to come to the conclusion on this that Schlenk tried to find a trade partner to move into the back of the first, but nobody would do it, and he had exhausted all plausible attempts.

You know he tried as much as possible and it just didn't pan out.

We're walking away with nearly $3.4M for virtually nothing.  Plus, we STILL have 4 picks.  There's nothing to complain about.

g-dawg likes this

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Whenever you make comparisons like that, you will get responses like mine.

Culver is going Top 7 for sure and probably as early as 5th.  Don’t really get your point.

That's fine, but since you don't get why respond at all then? 

Last time I'll try to say this I don't know how Culver or Reddish will end up if that's our picks. What I'm saying is just like 2009 draft Zion is the hype man like Blake Griffin before him, but the actual can't miss players are somewhere in the Top 10. 

Now what I'm Implying is Culver and Reddish could end up like Curry, Harden, or Derozen that when it's all said and done people may look back and say Culver and Reddish should be 1 and 2 compared to where they will go.

g-dawg likes this

Culver is gonna go down as the pick of this draft.  COMPLETE offensive game.  Right handed but drives HARD to his left.  Can spin HARD to his left.  His left handed game is the most complete I've ever seen. Potential is there to have a better game than Leonard offensively because you can't overplay either hand.  Can score from 3 levels.  Can drive from any level with any hand.  A monster scorer. Teams are down playing him trying to steal him in a last minute draft move.  Thats why Travis don't talk about him.  I don't care who they draft, if Culver isn't one of them I'm gonna be disappointed in the draft...

Zone#7 likes this

42 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

gamemanship on the hawks part.  Travis knows what Culver is about...

17 minutes ago, Beef said:

Looks like we're keeping 35.

That's likely 4 rookies.

Don't forget you have to have someone on the other end willing to trade with you.  You have to come to the conclusion on this that Schlenk tried to find a trade partner to move into the back of the first, but nobody would do it, and he had exhausted all plausible attempts.

You know he tried as much as possible and it just didn't pan out.

We're walking away with nearly $3.4M for virtually nothing.  Plus, we STILL have 4 picks.  There's nothing to complain about.

Virtually nothing? "We" aren't walking away with 3.4 million. Ressler is. This does absolutely nothing for the team. 

Don't "want" 6 players? Okay. Draft 2 way guys. Bring 3 guys into camp and see who might actually be good. 

Do something that might actually help the team on the court. Not your owners wallet. 

Taking someone at 45 and cutting him if he sucks is such a better use than this garbage. I'll never support giving a billionaire owner more pocket change. 

Yall told me not to be pissed last year when we punted with Mitchell Robinson on the board. Now we just traded that pick for a 2024 one. 

Now a lot of yall are begging to draft a similar impact guy with #10

These things matter. 

5 minutes ago, WOR said:

Virtually nothing? "We" aren't walking away with 3.4 million. Ressler is. This doesn't absolutely nothing for the team. 

Don't "want" 6 players? Okay. Draft 2 way guys. Bring 3 guys into camp and see who might actually be good. 

Do something that might actually help the team on the court. Not your owners wallet. 

Taking someone at 45 and cutting him if he sucks is such a better use than this garbage. I'll never support giving a billionaire owner more pocket change. 

Thank you Bernie Sanders.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Thank you Bernie Sanders.

I didn't realize you were a fan of making ressler richer and not the actual team. 

My bad. 

25 minutes ago, WOR said:

What complete and total ********. Didn't even wait till the draft to sell it.... 

Where's rhe rest of TS quote about his intentions for the 2nds.

He indicated he wasnt interested in selling the picks OUTRIGHT....he hasn't. He wants to keep the pick alive to use in future trades. Wether trade for future 2nds, draft n stash, they can all be used down the line

It's easy to say combine the picks and move up but it's harder to do, and he said as much also.

Do you prefer him to draft 3 guys in the 2nd and none make the team, then it just became an asset wasted since we won't keep their rights unless we actualnsign them to NBA contracts? Because that's more likely to happen than not.

Beef likes this

The fact we now only have 4 picks hints we either stay put or move back

Take Culver, Hunter or Reddish at 8 and then draft for defense.  It’s actually a great draft for perimeter & wing defenders.  Nobody seems to care about D, though.  But the Raptors won with versatile players on offense who could all defend