Cole World

GM Scott Pioli stepping down

97 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Huge loss to the FO, but it happens.  No team can hoard all the talent, and we've had more than our fair share of late.

It gets a little tiring though. Like having our OC's poached from us since 2011.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

If only Sark had been poached before coaching a game in 2017.  What could have been in 2017

Not gonna lie bro, as mad as was at the playcalling during the 3rd Q of the SB, and as much of a **** I think he and his dad are, I'd probably welcome back Shanny with open arms 

2 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Not gonna lie bro, as mad as was at the playcalling during the 3rd Q of the SB, and as much of a **** I think he and his dad are, I'd probably welcome back Shanny with open arms 

Probably?  I’d sacrifice my little toe if Shanny stayed as OC until Ryan retires

I do think that one of TD's major mistakes was not doing a good job of replacing his ***'t GMs when they left for GM jobs. late in the Smith regime.  Pioli was a great hire, hope TD has learned his lesson and finds a good replacement.

2 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

I like what Ryan alluded too back when Shanny was here, there was an aggressiveness a calling of plays regardless of down and distance. That can be replicated but coaches can be stubborn azzes sometimes.

13 minutes ago, vel said:

Man this one sucks but good luck to Pioli going forward. I'm glad they loaded up on OL this year. Should be in a good position going forward to weather this.

The FO must have known about this for months.  I wonder if that’s why they doubled down on OL this year.  Pioli is great at evaluating the line so use his insight while you got him

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

The FO must have known about this for months.  I wonder if that’s why they doubled down on OL this year?  Pioli is great at evaluating the line so use his insight while you got him

Yep. I think they let him be a bit more heavy handed this year. This definitely looks more like his type of draft. 

There is still a lot of knowledge front office wise. As others have said TD struggles with offensive line. We loaded up this year perfect timing  

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

I do think that one of TD's major mistakes was not doing a good job of replacing his ***'t GMs when they left for GM jobs. late in the Smith regime.  Pioli was a great hire, hope TD has learned his lesson and finds a good replacement.

I wonder who is 'on the market' as far as good GM's go?

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

That's easier said than done. How many teams have had multiple front office personnel poached to be a GM elsewhere since TD has been GM? Very few.