The Reason TD,DQ and Blank all said we had to get bigger on OL

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While it is true our 2016 OL was very good, It was also in fact one of the worst (statistically)  in the NFL at protecting the QB. Ryan was getting mauled just as much in 2016 as he was in 2018. 

@gazoo Kyle Shannahan has the longest wide receiver route tree in professional football.  That’s why Ryan was sacked in 2016. If you think 2018 OL was better, we can’t have a serious discuss

2016 line was overall a pretty good line, but mostly in zone run blocking. Ryan has consistently had much less of a pocket than the likes of Brees and Brady.  It's the most consistently frustrati

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Wilcox and neasman are the SS’s. Both vets. Wilcox being the senior. I feel much better than last year if Neal hoes down. I have faith in Wilcox and neasman after the way he played late in the season. 

Wilcox has started before.  So for just a few games he would be ok.  Over the course of a season I think he’d get exposed and picked on.  

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Wilcox and neasman are the SS’s. Both vets. Wilcox being the senior. I feel much better than last year if Neal hoes down. I have faith in Wilcox and neasman after the way he played late in the season. 

In unlikely event Neal went down again, I would be more comfortable with kazee and Rico back there together. 

I wonder more about Rico bouncing back from Achilles than Neal on his knee.

Not sure where, but Sheffield May be playing sooner than we think. Kid has some real talent. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

In unlikely event Neal went down again, I would be more comfortable with kazee and Rico back there together. 

I wonder more about Rico bouncing back from Achilles than Neal on his knee.

Not sure where, but Sheffield May be playing sooner than we think. Kid has some real talent. 

If Neal went down I don’t think kazee could handle the box. Constantly hitting big backs and TE’s. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

If Neal went down I don’t think kazee could handle the box. Constantly hitting big backs and TE’s. 

True, we would have to make some scheme adjustments.  

But let’s not even go there on Neal needing to be replaced....:ninja:

Really like our overall secondary talent. The two kids we drafted are raw but their skill sets fit our scheme very well. 

Also Expecting oliver to make a huge leap. 

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

He’s s thumper.  Solid vs the run but gets lost in the passing game.  Quinn probably likes his physicality

That’s what the safety in this system is. An enforcer. A hybrid LB/SS. He was good in the passing game. He doesn’t get lost like you say. Like I said he had injury issues. He had one bad season. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

That was for one game. Philly. 

ATL.svg

Allen will start at strong safety for the Falcons, D. Orlando Ledbetter of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

It looked early as though Allen would play free safety and Damontae Kazee would move into strong safety, but that was not the case in Week 1 and doesn't appear to be in the conversation moving forward. Defensive coordinator Marquan Manuel also said that he will play in the box, suggesting he could be in line for a boost in tackles this season.

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

True, we would have to make some scheme adjustments.  

But let’s not even go there on Neal needing to be replaced....:ninja:

Really like our overall secondary talent. The two kids we drafted are raw but their skill sets fit our scheme very well. 

Also Expecting oliver to make a huge leap. 

I like it as well. Excited to see it. 

15 minutes ago, athell said:

Ty guy gonna surprise some people this year...

I Maybe overselling it, but I don't believe in him. I think he will be just as effective as McClain was (not at all). I think this Defense will be bottom 3rd again but the offense will mask the issues due to winning shootouts.

It makes me online mad. :argh::argh: