The Reason TD,DQ and Blank all said we had to get bigger on OL

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Hahahahahaha! just finished eating dinner with friends and see everyone  still banging their spoons on their high chairs because I forced them to look at the truth.

You guys really hate I proved TD and Blank both said the #1 priority was to fix the OL to protect Ryan as you all keep insanely pretending their was no problem with pass protection.

You guys have actually convinced yourselves I am wrong about the need to fix pass protection! 

Well, you just have to look at Lindstrom and McGary, Carpenter and Brown to find the truth. 

But keep telling yourselves Ryan gets hit so much because he holds onto the ball too long! Yeah, that’s it

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

He's not smart enough to realize a **** thing.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While it is true our 2016 OL was very good, It was also in fact one of the worst (statistically)  in the NFL at protecting the QB. Ryan was getting mauled just as much in 2016 as he was in 2018. 

@gazoo Kyle Shannahan has the longest wide receiver route tree in professional football.  That’s why Ryan was sacked in 2016. If you think 2018 OL was better, we can’t have a serious discuss

2016 line was overall a pretty good line, but mostly in zone run blocking. Ryan has consistently had much less of a pocket than the likes of Brees and Brady.  It's the most consistently frustrati

1 hour ago, Alomar said:

Who gets hit more, the person getting the ball out of his hands in 2 or less seconds or the person that has to hold onto the ball 4 seconds? 

(Time to ball release are not actual numbers, just being used to illustrate a point.)

Cause and effect 

When a pocket QB constantly deal s with husband pocket collapsing he either has to throw ball away and waste play, or escape the pocket and run from defenders looking for a receiver, which leads to holding ball longer

Only a moron would blame a QB for holding ball too long when he is constantly forced out of the pocket vs a Qb with a strong interior OL who can almost always  just step up in pocket when under (edge) pressure and dump ball off

Were there Times Ryan held ball too long? Absolutely, but that’s not why he got 106 hits in 2016 and 108 hits in 2018.  

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

This is what gazoo does. He ignores facts and evidence to stick to his narrative. I’ll give one thing he’s consistent and persistent. He’ll keep going with what he thinks. To h3ll with factual evidence. 

Since you are going there, I will be happy to as well. I  flat out owned you on a previous post bro. You claimed I was wrong about pass protection being the #1 issue and your position is that it is Ryan’s fault he was getting hit so much. When I pointed to draft you claimed we drafted because OL to help running game. I showed you quotes from TD she Blank proving it was to protect Ryan which backs up my OP

my position aligns with TD, yours that Ryan is the reason he gets hit so much is simply wrong 

27 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Hahahahahaha! just finished eating dinner with friends and see everyone  still banging their spoons on their high chairs because I forced them to look at the truth.

You guys really hate I proved TD and Blank both said the #1 priority was to fix the OL to protect Ryan as you all keep insanely pretending their was no problem with pass protection.

You guys have actually convinced yourselves I am wrong about the need to fix pass protection! 

Well, you just have to look at Lindstrom and McGary, Carpenter and Brown to find the truth. 

But keep telling yourselves Ryan gets hit so much because he holds onto the ball too long! Yeah, that’s it

No one has said that we didn't need to fix the line. Can you read?

4 hours ago, gazoo said:

mcclure_vaughn.png&w=160&h=160&scale=cro

Vaughn McClure
ESPN Staff Writer 

Snippet you conveniently ignored in that very same article.

"According to ESPN Statistics & Information tracking, Ryan was sacked, hit while throwing or hit while running 76 times in 2018, the most in a season during his career. " Where'd ya get 106 and 108? Sure you'll ignore it. Coward.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Snippet you conveniently ignored in that very same article.

"According to ESPN Statistics & Information tracking, Ryan was sacked, hit while throwing or hit while running 76 times in 2018, the most in a season during his career. " Where'd ya get 106 and 108? Sure you'll ignore it. Coward.

So anyway about that cupholder...

53 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Since you are going there, I will be happy to as well. I  flat out owned you on a previous post bro. You claimed I was wrong about pass protection being the #1 issue and you claimed that it was Ryan’s fault he was getting hit so much. When I pointed to draft you claimed we drafted because OL to help running game. I showed you quotes from TD she Blank proving it was to protect Ryan which backs up my OP

my position aligns with TD, yours that Ryan is the reason he gets hit so much is simply wrong 

Gazoo you could never own me even if I gave you the money. Your position aligns with yourself. Like I said before the line was made to be bigger because we couldn’t run last year and in years past, even in 2016 we couldn’t run the ball late in the games to close out. Last year when the line fell apart we could still PASS but we couldn’t run. Ryan had another mvp caliber season but we were 27th  IN RUNNING THE BALL!!! I don’t give two ***** about what an article said. Fixing the run game while protecting Matt is a real thing. If course they will make it all about Matt because he’s a 100 million dollar qb but make no mistake we needed to get better running up front. A BIG part of the revamped line is to run the ball. And yes protect Matt. We are incorporating power blocking with inside/outside zone.  So you’re telling me the ONLY reason for the line was for Matt? When he had a great year but the run game sucked??? 

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Gazoo you could never own me even if I gave you the money. 

Cute, but terribly insufficient. 

But keep telling yourself we drafted OL for the running game, pass protection wasn’t an issue and it is Ryan’s fault he gets hit so much.

i will continue proving to you that you are wrong, that pass protection was the #1 thing TD felt needed to be fixed to protect Ryan, and that we drafted Lindstrom, McGAry and signed Brown and Carpenter specifically to help protect Ryan from taking all those hits.

Did you want me repost the article that backs me up and shoots your crazy position down in flames?

you usually post solid  stuff, but you are dead wrong on this one. 

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Cute, but terribly insufficient. 

But keep telling yourself we drafted OL for the running game, pass protection wasn’t an issue and it is Ryan’s fault he gets hit so much.

i will continue proving to you that you are wrong, that pass protection was the #1 thing TD felt needed to be fixed to protect Ryan, and that we drafted Lindstrom, McGAry and signed Brown and Carpenter specifically to help protect Ryan from taking all those hits.

Did you want me repost the article that backs me up and shoots your crazy position down in flames?

you usually post gold stuff, but you are dead wrong on this one. 

Stop putting words in my mouth. I know you’re not dumb. I never said it’s Ryan’s fault. I said some of his hits are self induced. I’m really starting to believe you have word comprehension issues. 

I would never want to own a man. Is that even ethical? The moral implications of this are insane. Also, it smacks of BDSM. Not saying there is anything wrong with homo erotic BDSM, it’s just not for me. I kind of like abstinence and celibacy. Not sure how my kids were born. I’m innocent.

Just now, Knight of God said:

I would never want to own a man. Is that even ethical? The moral implications of this are insane. Also, it smacks of BDSM. Not saying there is anything wrong with homo erotic BDSM, it’s just not for me. I kind of like abstinence and celibacy. Not sure how my kids were born. I’m innocent.

Same, just ignore what I said in the Trufant thread...

12 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Stop putting words in my mouth. I know you’re not dumb. I never said it’s Ryan’s fault. I said some of his hits are self induced. I’m really starting to believe you have word comprehension issues. 

So are you saying you agree with me that poor pass protection was causing Ryan to get hit way too much and was a very serious issue that needed to be addressed this offseason? 

4 minutes ago, gazoo said:

So are you saying you agree with me that poor pass protection was causing Ryan to get hit way too much and was a very serious issue that needed to be addressed this offseason? 

If I were to revisit your posts from 6 weeks ago when we signed Brown & Carpenter, would they say our offensive line still has major holes and that the Falcons should use their first 3 rounds of draft capital to further address it?

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

He was getting hit as much as he’s always gotten hit. 

Got hit more in 2018 than in 2016 which destroyed Gazoos previous stance of the 18 line being just as good as the 16 line. 

We all know the line was bad last year. But we also know Ryan holds the ball longer than Brees, Brady, and Ben because he's going deep more which leads him to be hit more. But dumb*** doesn't get it.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Got hit more in 2018 than in 2016 which destroyed Gazoos previous stance of the 18 line being just as good as the 16 line. 

We all know the line was bad last year. But we also know Ryan holds the ball longer than Brees, Brady, and Ben because he's going deep more which leads him to be hit more. But dumb*** doesn't get it.

Absolutely. He was hit more last year because the line took a hit and were not gonna stop trying to get the long ball to Julio.