gazoo

The Reason TD,DQ and Blank all said we had to get bigger on OL

499 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Davison is ok and for the cost it’s a steal.  Shelton is a much better player IMO though.

Davison is a run stuffer. That’s what we needed. 

FalconsIn2020 and athell like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheFatboi said:

Wilcox and neasman are the SS’s. Both vets. Wilcox being the senior. I feel much better than last year if Neal hoes down. I have faith in Wilcox and neasman after the way he played late in the season. 

Wilcox has started before.  So for just a few games he would be ok.  Over the course of a season I think he’d get exposed and picked on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Agree.

As was Chester & Fusco. As is Brown. 

Yea.  Watching Brown actually turn around the giants oline gives me hope he can be more tho...

Vandy and FalconsIn2020 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Wilcox has started before.  So for just a few games he would be ok.  Over the course of a season I think he’d get exposed and picked on.  

Wilcox is good. His issue was health. 

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

I know he is...

Curious why the market didn’t value him.  Signed for peanuts

That's my point.  We got Shelton but at a much better cost.

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

I know he is...

Curious why the market didn’t value him.  Signed for peanuts

Run stopping specialist don’t command a ton of money. The rushers do. 

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Wilcox and neasman are the SS’s. Both vets. Wilcox being the senior. I feel much better than last year if Neal hoes down. I have faith in Wilcox and neasman after the way he played late in the season. 

In unlikely event Neal went down again, I would be more comfortable with kazee and Rico back there together. 

I wonder more about Rico bouncing back from Achilles than Neal on his knee.

Not sure where, but Sheffield May be playing sooner than we think. Kid has some real talent. 

athell, TheFatboi and FalconsIn2020 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

In unlikely event Neal went down again, I would be more comfortable with kazee and Rico back there together. 

I wonder more about Rico bouncing back from Achilles than Neal on his knee.

Not sure where, but Sheffield May be playing sooner than we think. Kid has some real talent. 

If Neal went down I don’t think kazee could handle the box. Constantly hitting big backs and TE’s. 

FalconsIn2020, Vandy and falcons007 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Wilcox is good. His issue was health. 

He’s s thumper.  Solid vs the run but gets lost in the passing game.  Quinn probably likes his physicality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

If Neal went down I don’t think kazee could handle the box. Constantly hitting big backs and TE’s. 

When he went down last year we moved Rico to SS and Kazee to FS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheFatboi said:

If Neal went down I don’t think kazee could handle the box. Constantly hitting big backs and TE’s. 

True, we would have to make some scheme adjustments.  

But let’s not even go there on Neal needing to be replaced....:ninja:

Really like our overall secondary talent. The two kids we drafted are raw but their skill sets fit our scheme very well. 

Also Expecting oliver to make a huge leap. 

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

He’s s thumper.  Solid vs the run but gets lost in the passing game.  Quinn probably likes his physicality

That’s what the safety in this system is. An enforcer. A hybrid LB/SS. He was good in the passing game. He doesn’t get lost like you say. Like I said he had injury issues. He had one bad season. 

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

When he went down last year we moved Rico to SS and Kazee to FS

That was for one game. Philly. Rico went back to FS and SS was split duties between Richards and Kazee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, athell said:

Yup.  And what is Shelton?

Shelton is just better at it IMO.  It’s no surprise the Patriots run game became dominant when Shelton returned to the lineup late last year.

Offers nothing for pass rush, though

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Shelton is just better at it IMO.  It’s no surprise the Patriots run game became dominant when Shelton returned to the lineup late last year.

Offers nothing for pass rush, though

He may be, but it's marginal and would not have been worth the cost.  There's a reason he is still out there.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

That was for one game. Philly. 

ATL.svg

Allen will start at strong safety for the Falcons, D. Orlando Ledbetter of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

It looked early as though Allen would play free safety and Damontae Kazee would move into strong safety, but that was not the case in Week 1 and doesn't appear to be in the conversation moving forward. Defensive coordinator Marquan Manuel also said that he will play in the box, suggesting he could be in line for a boost in tackles this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, athell said:

He may be, but it's marginal and would not have been worth the cost.  There's a reason he is still out there.

Fair point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

True, we would have to make some scheme adjustments.  

But let’s not even go there on Neal needing to be replaced....:ninja:

Really like our overall secondary talent. The two kids we drafted are raw but their skill sets fit our scheme very well. 

Also Expecting oliver to make a huge leap. 

I like it as well. Excited to see it. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, athell said:

Ty guy gonna surprise some people this year...

I Maybe overselling it, but I don't believe in him. I think he will be just as effective as McClain was (not at all). I think this Defense will be bottom 3rd again but the offense will mask the issues due to winning shootouts.

It makes me online mad. :argh::argh:

 

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now