gazoo

The Reason TD,DQ and Blank all said we had to get bigger on OL

499 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Holy S op. This was one of your. Best posts. 

Notice these guys won’t admit Brees has excellent interior OL pocket protection to step up into and quickly release the ball and Ryan has had abysmal pocket protection from his leading him to have to escape the pocket and run around the field try8mg to find an open receiver?

They know deep in their hearts this is why Ryan is forced to hold the ball longer, why he takes so many more sacks and hits, they know it’s the interior of our OL getting pushed back into Ryan’s feet and defenders shooting the A gaps in passing situations  at the source of this....so they just pretend all pressures are exactly the same. 

VTCrunkler likes this

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You just made my point.

I get his point. Our offense has been a concern for a while now. Mack and Matthews were banged up in the SB so that's why Ryan kept getting sacked in the 2nd half. 

3 hours ago, gazoo said:

This level of detail regarding situational football is way over your level of understanding bro. Sorry if it triggers you. 

Keep doing your thing. I think your very knowledgeable along with that Peyton Manning Forehead guy.

gazoo and Tim Mazetti like this

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You don’t seem to want to discuss the different pocket situations of Brees and Ryan. When you can get there,  you’ll understand.

You didn't answer the question.

Yo_Lover likes this

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Notice these guys won’t admit Brees has excellent interior OL pocket protection to step up into and quickly release the ball and Ryan has had abysmal pocket protection from his leading him to have to escape the pocket and run around the field try8mg to find an open receiver?

They know deep in their hearts this is why Ryan is forced to hold the ball longer, why he takes so many more sacks and hits, they know it’s the interior of our OL getting pushed around in passing situations  at the source of this....so they just pretend all pressures are exactly the same. 

With Dan Quinn as our defensive coordinator and an improved offensive line I say we are as good as anybody in the NFL.

gazoo likes this

10 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I get his point. Our offense has been a concern for a while now. Mack and Matthews were banged up in the SB so that's why Ryan kept getting sacked in the 2nd half. 

So the line was good until the injuries?

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Keep doing your thing. I think your very knowledgeable along with that Peyton Manning Forehead guy.

Thanks my friend. Some of these guys are certainly bringing up good points,  but they refuse to admit that Brees, Brady and other greats most years have clean pockets to throw from and escape edge pressure.

Ryan like no other top QB, frequently has defenders in his face coming from the interior  as he is drops back, forcing him to hold ball longer as he escapes the collapsing pocket,  and looks for a receiver downfield as he’s running away from defenders. 

The lack of a pocket IS why he holds ball longer on whole, is why he gets hit way more than the other pocket passers that also throw a lot of deep balls.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

8 minutes ago, falconidae said:

You didn't answer the question.

Sure I did, you just didn’t like the answer. Here’s a hint

LITTLE-POCKET-LISTING-MANAIC.png

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Thanks my friend. Some of these guys are certainly bringing up good points that can chip away at a little of my argument, but they refuse to admit that Brees, Brady and other greats most years have clean pockets to throw from and escape edge pressure, where Ryan like no other top QB frequently has defenders in his face coming from the interior  as he is drops back, forcing him to hold ball longer, escape the pocket and look for a receiver downfield as he’s running away from defenders. 

The lack of a pocket IS why he holds ball longer on whole, is why he gets hit way more than the other pocket passers that also throw a lot of deep balls.

The lack of pocket isn't why he holds the ball longer. He holds it longer because our routes are longer developing. Brees gets rid of the ball much quicker than Ryan does. If he was running around as much as you say he was he wouldn't be holding it for 2.64 seconds.

falconidae likes this

Post the rushing numbers between 2016 and 2018.  There was no running game in 2018 and it wasn't because of Freeman.  The offensive line was starting, Ben Garland, Wes, Ryan Schreader... It didn't help we had Sark calling plays either.

Expect a HUGE jump in offensive play this year

Tim Mazetti likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

So the line was good until the injuries?

We had so many weapons, were healthy and Kyle was excellent at scheming that year I guess we were able to hide that weakness. The 2016 offense had Freeman and Coleman running all over the place. I was shocked to read that stat by Gazoo. It didn't seem like Matt Ryan was getting a whole lot of pressure that year compared to 2018. But I remember in 2016 we were hoping we wouldn't have to play an  elite defensive in the playoffs because of the Eagles game. 

2016 Matt Ryan average yards per attempt 9.03

2018 7.71

'16 sacks 37

'18 sacks 42

So clearly the routes were longer but some thick pencil head here thinks the '18 line was better than the '16 line. Mkaaaayyyyy. 

PFR for the stats btw 

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We had so many weapons, were healthy and Kyle was excellent at scheming that year I guess we were able to hide that weakness. The 2016 offense had Freeman and Coleman running all over the place. I was shocked to read that stat by Gazoo. It didn't seem like Matt Ryan was getting a whole lot of pressure that year compared to 2018. But I remember in 2016 we were hoping we wouldn't have to play an  elite defensive in the playoffs because of the Eagles game. 

What pressures? Where are the pressure stats my guy? He's just throwing out numbers with nothing to back them up. 

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

Here is a quote from Balnk

“This is my 19th year as an owner and one of the things I’ve learned is that Matt [Ryan] plays much better vertically than horizontally,” Blank told the Falcons website. 

“I don’t think we’re complete in terms of the offensive line. I think it’ll be an area of great scrutiny and activity during the draft.”

For pocket QBs, it matters where that pressure is coming from. It matters a lot.

OLs of Brees and  Brady have most years made sure to have good strong interior OL who can anchor at point of attack and hold a pocket. 

I keep saying, my biggest issue here is Ryan having the interior of his OL collapse in on his feet. You do not see that happening to Brees or Brady hardly ever. If heat is coming off the edges, even if it’s immediate heat, Brady and Brees  just casually take. step forward and dump the ball off. 

Ryan, without a clean pocket to step into, often has to move laterally when pressure comes and it creates far more QB hits and sacks this way. 

Tom Brady would go berzerk if his offensive line allowed him to get hit as often as Ryan's does sometimes.  One of the retired Giants players (I think Strahan) said Tom Brady was cursing out his offensive line all game long during super bowl 42 because he kept getting hit. I think Tom Brady would come across as a Cam Newton like cry baby if he got hit a little bit above average. I know Tom Brady is the GOAT but he's not the toughest QB. IMO.

gazoo likes this

56 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I’ve stayed out of this, but I will ask this question:

What exactly has Brees superior OL gotten him? His one and only ring is tainted by bounty-gate. 

And we all know Matt should have his in ‘16.

Seems like the much more compelling argument would be QBs who actually have more than one single SB ring. (Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning)

Again, I’m talking about the interior of the Falcons OL vs interior of Brees OL.

What Brees superior interior  OL has gotten him is far less QB hits and sacks, an ability to step up in pocket and quickly release the ball when edge pressure is coming. 

What Ryans inferior interior OL has gotten him is dam near killed. It’s robbed him of the ability to step forward under pressure, instead the pressure is collapsing the pocket and forcing him to escape wheel running around the field looking for a receiver downfield and getting criticized by fans for “holding the ball too long”.  It’s cause and effect. He holds to ball while he’s running from defenders. Brees steps forward under pressure and can get rid of ball quickly.

Doctor Kildare likes this

2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Tom Brady would go berzerk if his offensive line allowed him to get hit as often as Ryan's does sometimes.  One of the retired Giants players (I think Strahan) said Tom Brady was cursing out his offensive line all game long during super bowl 42 because he kept getting hit. I think Tom Brady would come across as a Cam Newton like cry baby if he got hit a little bit above average. I know Tom Brady is the GOAT but he's not the toughest QB. IMO.

Brady is one of the quickest passers in the league. He throws faster than everyone else. The only person to beat him this year was Ben. That's there scheme dink and dunk.

Makes his line look better.

13 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Yeah, Brady doesn’t like getting hit, that’s for sure.

Another thing about Brady, is he is HORRIBLE if pressure is coming up the middle and he has to escape the pocket. He sees ghosts and will fall on the ground thinking he’s about to get hit when no defender is near when flushed out of pocket.

Very rarely does Brady get pressure up the middle. His patented move is to step up when edge heat is coming, throw ball in a tomahawk chop motion down to his diminutive receivers runninb slants and crossing routes. 

But we all saw a game where Brad6 did get pressure up the middle. The 2016 Super Bowl where DQ put a brilliant game plan together, making the small receivers pay for running short routes, and playing more man than normal and stunting like crazy. Brady was horrible until our defense was gassed. That was because our offense couldn’t run the ball when it needed to.

Note that alll those arguing with me here refuse to make a distinction between pressure coming up the middle and pressure coming from the edges? They just keep pretending it’s same thing. It’s not. 

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Done replying to this thread, dumb and dumber wanna just keep doubling down.

He can’t hear you or your facts over the voices in his head telling him to keep posting about the same dang 3 pointless and inaccurate points.

This thread man lol

Yo_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

He can’t hear you or your facts over the voices in his head telling him to keep posting about the same dang 3 pointless and inaccurate points.

This thread man lol

TOP DEFINITION
The little green martian guy from the Flintstones.

by Anonymous October 28, 2003

A gazoo is a total ****show. Something that is so over the tip, so ridiculous, you are completled flabbergasted.
I was at the gay bar and these two trannies totally started fighting. I mean this ***** just took off her heels and started trying to poke the other trannie's eye out. It was a total gazoo.
by teaviant June 17, 2008
athell likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:
TOP DEFINITION
The little green martian guy from the Flintstones.

by Anonymous October 28, 2003

A gazoo is a total ****show. Something that is so over the tip, so ridiculous, you are completled flabbergasted.
I was at the gay bar and these two trannies totally started fighting. I mean this ***** just took off her heels and started trying to poke the other trannie's eye out. It was a total gazoo.
by teaviant June 17, 2008

Lmao

:lol: