gazoo

The Reason TD,DQ and Blank all said we had to get bigger on OL

499 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I don’t care how much you wrap it and dress it Matt will still get hit. Especially with the way we feature the long ball. The one thing THIS line will fortify is the ability to step UP into the long throws without having a defender in your lap or even your own line guy. Matt is still gonna get hit tho. Especially in those long pass pass concepts. Protecting Matt also means if we get hit with a rash of injuries again we won’t fall of the Map protecting him. Like last year. Matt would’ve been just fine had the line not been hit with injuries. The addition of brown and carpenter and the drafting of McGary and Lindstrom says that. We’re not gonna go from good line to sh*t if we lose guys. And I don’t ever give a sh*t about a writer trying to sell papers and get clicks. 

We both agree Matt will still get hit. I’m not sure who would argue otherwise. 

But will Matt get hit 106 times like he did in 2016? Will he get hit 108 times like he did in 2018?  

Fixing the OL is about lowering the number of hits considerably. I’m looking for the changes to lower his hit total to around 70 in 2019, maybe even less.  That’s 38 less chances of losing him for the season and watching our playoff hopes instantly vanish.

27 minutes ago, gazoo said:

It has become clear to me you disagree with us fortifying the OL over the defense, so your arguments are all designed to support your predetermined position that it was wrong to draft OL. You just won’t accept that obvious fact Ryan’s horrible pass protection needed to be addressed and was causing him to get hit way too much.

Hey,, I wouldn't worry about what some fans say,, They act as thou they know more about what the team needs than  TD, Quinn and Blank...  I believe without the big upgrade with our first three picks, we would not have the chance we now have by allowing Ryan time in the pocket, and make holes for our RBs.. Which all those things a SB team has to have before they can get there.. 

It's amazing how so many fans think they know more than our FO which includes, , Blank, Quinn, TD, and Ryan,, it does not matter what Fans think,, all that matters is what needs to be done,, and Thankfully The whole Front Office and Coaches agreed to use our first 3 picks on what they choose as the best two OL in this very strong Draft,..just think about it .  And to think some fans say Ryan didn't need the huge upgrade is crazy.

And BTW,, the coaches and owner and all the FO  was thrilled with those fist two picks,, and so was a lot of fans like us who understand without a great OL, there will be no playoffs period. Many do not see that was the most important thing that took place in this draft,,  I was thrilled and this year will prove this Draft was  a great draft,, not just good,, But a great Draft. Not many drafts do I love every pick in. But I can tell, they put far more time and effort into this draft than any draft I've ever seen them draft closely ... And I've been a huge Draft fan for 35 years.. I do believe this one was could be the best over all draft,, As far as getting exactly what we need and the players to fill those needs very well. And for that reason , I think we will at least make the playoffs.. And this year I think we have as much of a chance to go back to the SB as any team we've ever had..  

So those who disagree with the players and positions  we needed,, I'll just leave you with one Question ?  If you have a Flat on your car ?? Do you get a new battery,,???  That's what I thought.. And TD and Quinn tried their best ,, and actually did a great Job of drafting the players we needed. And none more than the first two OL that we gave 3 picks for.  Hey,, if that gets the job done,, then why the dislike of us drafting two Great needed OL with our first three picks???  I'm pretty sure that TD and Quinn and even Blank knows more about our needs on this team than any of us do. But it is very easy to see without that upgrade.. there would be no chance at the playoffs this year.

I know there are a lot of very young fans on here and glad you are, ,but you will see this year why they are running the draft, and not us..............  Draftnut57

gazoo likes this

17 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I totally agree, Ryan is awesome once flushed out of the pocket. He’s got more experience than Brees or Brady of getting forced out of a collapsing pocket, running away from defenders in hot pursuit as he locates a receiver down field.

This is why I believe the critics claiming Ryan should just throw it away when his pocket collapses are large wrong. 

But that doesn’t mean he isn’t as effective IN the pocket. Ryan is lethal when given a pocket to step up into and throw, even with deep balls just as Brees is. 

So why would you let your $150 million dollar franchise QB keep getting hit way more than necessary by him being forced out of the collapsing pocket so Much? 

Why wouldn’t you prefer Ryan stay in a protective pocket on many more of the 600 plus passing snaps and NOT take 30 or 49 more hits than other pocket QBs that do have pockets to step up into?

In a perfect world I’d surround him with the 90’s Cowboys line....but it forces sacrifices elsewhere due to the CAP.   And if  Matt Ryan is as  good can we all claim,  he can overcome some weaknesses across the offense. 

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

And no one here ever said size was the only thing that mattered, that’s the straw man argument. My OP makes that quite clear.

:rolleyes:  :lol:

There is literally no hope for you.

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

You just answered your own question in part to why he gets hit more. He holds the ball longer to make a big play. Like I said some of his hits are self induced for the better of the team. Brees throws the ball away. So does Tom and that’s ok. Matt and Rodgers don’t so much. And that’s ok too. Just be prepared to take some extra hits. 

You are blaming Ryan for being forced out of the pocket. It’s his Ol that is no giving no alternative. Unless you want him to just throw the ball away every time his pocket collapses, which would kill multiple drives per game.

8 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Hey,, I wouldn't worry about what some fans say,, They act as thou they know more about what the team needs than  TD, Quinn and Blank...  I believe without the big upgrade with our first three picks, we would not have the chance we now have by allowing Ryan time in the pocket, and make holes for our RBs.. Which all those things a SB team has to have before they can get there.. 

It's amazing how so many fans think they know more than our FO which includes, , Blank, Quinn, TD, and Ryan,, it does not matter what Fans think,, all that matters is what needs to be done,, and Thankfully The whole Front Office and Coaches agreed to use our first 3 picks on what they choose as the best two OL in this very strong Draft,..just think about it .  And to think some fans say Ryan didn't need the huge upgrade is crazy.

And BTW,, the coaches and owner and all the FO  was thrilled with those fist two picks,, and so was a lot of fans like us who understand without a great OL, there will be no playoffs period. Many do not see that was the most important thing that took place in this draft,,  I was thrilled and this year will prove this Draft was  a great draft,, not just good,, But a great Draft. Not many drafts do I love every pick in. But I can tell, they put far more time and effort into this draft than any draft I've ever seen them draft closely ... And I've been a huge Draft fan for 35 years.. I do believe this one was could be the best over all draft,, As far as getting exactly what we need and the players to fill those needs very well. And for that reason , I think we will at least make the playoffs.. And this year I think we have as much of a chance to go back to the SB as any team we've ever had..  

So those who disagree with the players and positions  we needed,, I'll just leave you with one Question ?  If you have a Flat on your car ?? Do you get a new battery,,???  That's what I thought.. And TD and Quinn tried their best ,, and actually did a great Job of drafting the players we needed. And none more than the first two OL that we gave 3 picks for.  Hey,, if that gets the job done,, then why the dislike of us drafting two Great needed OL with our first three picks???  I'm pretty sure that TD and Quinn and even Blank knows more about our needs on this team than any of us do. But it is very easy to see without that upgrade.. there would be no chance at the playoffs this year.

I know there are a lot of very young fans on here and glad you are, ,but you will see this year why they are running the draft, and not us..............  Draftnut57

You're easily one of the worst posters here my guy. Sit down.

athell likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

I still wanna know where he's getting his hit numbers. How have none of y'all asked this fool to cite his sources.

Asked repeatedly, for several things.  They don't exist which is why he just keeps regurgitating his own made up numbers and narratives.

Yo_Lover likes this

11 minutes ago, gazoo said:

We both agree Matt will still get hit. I’m not sure who would argue otherwise. 

But will Matt get hit 106 times like he did in 2016? Will he get hit 108 times like he did in 2018?  

Fixing the OL is about lowering the number of hits considerably. I’m looking for the changes to lower his hit total to around 70 in 2019, maybe even less.  That’s 38 less chances of losing him for the season and watching our playoff hopes instantly vanish.

Yea if we shorten the routes and he dink’s and dunks. But if you’re trying to get deep he’s gonna get hit gazoo. Brady doesn’t attempt as many long passes as Matt does. I don’t any other way for you to understand this. 

Yo_Lover and FalconsIn2020 like this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yea if we shorten the routes and he dink’s and dunks. But if you’re trying to get deep he’s gonna get hit gazoo. Brady doesn’t attempt as many long passes as Matt does. I don’t any other way for you to understand this. 

He doesn't understand anything. He probably wakes up every morning and trips over the coffee table.

TheFatboi likes this

9 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

In a perfect world I’d surround him with the 90’s Cowboys line....but it forces sacrifices elsewhere due to the CAP.   And if  Matt Ryan Is that good can we all claim,  he can overcome some weaknesses across the offense. 

Can Ryan overcame a season ending injury? You seem to ignore this, you seem to think there is no problem with Ryan getting hit so much and it’s just a matter of whether he makes play in or out of pocket.

We have been EXTREMELY LUCKY to date to not have lost Ryan to a season ending injury. The more times he is hit, the more chances one of them will end his season.

How do you think our season goes if Ryan goes on IR for the year in first half of season?  

Just now, gazoo said:

Can Ryan overcame a season ending injury? You seem to ignore this, you seem to think there is no problem with Ryan getting hit so much and it’s just a matter of whether he makes play in or out of pocket.

We have been EXTREMELY LUCKY to date to not have lost Ryan to a season ending injury. The more times he is hit, the more chances one of them will end his season.

How do you think our season goes if Ryan goes on IR for the year in first half of season?  

If it means you'll stop posting I'd take that trade.

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

All QBs get hit. It’s not about getting hit or not getting hit. It’s about how often you are getting hit.

Brees goes deep all the time. He doesn’t get hit anywhere near as much as Ryan because he can step up into a pocket when under pressure and dump the ball off, instead of having his pocket collapse and he has to expose himself to more hits by leaving the pocket.

14 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You are blaming Ryan for being forced out of the pocket. It’s his Ol that is no giving no alternative. Unless you want him to just throw the ball away every time his pocket collapses, which would kill multiple drives per game.

Wow. So the wr’s are ALWAYS open? Matt never holds the ball longer waiting for a guy to get open? The only way Matt leaves the pocket is because the line broke down? You sound foolish. Matt will leave the pocket to pro long the play sometimes waiting for somebody to get open. You’re so insistent that that’s the only way Matt leaves the pocket. And I didn’t say it s his fault. I said some of the hits are SELF INDUCED. Like when freeman hits a defender he could’ve just avoided. Meaning Matt could’ve just thrown the ball away. But instead he chose to hold the ball to extend the play hoping one of his wr’s breaks the route and gets open. Same as Rodgers. In doing so HE WILL GET HIT!!! Chill with that bs gazoo. Matt will wait last second and throw the ball and get hit after he releases. Want Matt to get hit less?? Dink and f*ckin dunk. Like Brady and Brees. 

Yo_Lover likes this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

He doesn't understand anything. He probably wakes up every morning and trips over the coffee table.

Obviously. Sheesh!!

Yo_Lover likes this

11 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Brees goes deep all the time. He doesn’t get hit anywhere near as much as Ryan because he can step up into a pocket when under pressure and dump the ball off, instead of having his pocket collapse and he has to expose himself to more hits by leaving the pocket.

No he does not. That’s why his completion percentage was so high. High percentage short throws. And kamara runs with it. Brees attempted 673 passes to Matt’s 534 last year. He attempted 42.1 passes a game to Matt’s 33.4. He averaged 7.7 a throw to Matt’s 9.3. Who was throwing more long passes? Matt or Drew?? Matt had 69 passes of 20+ yard. Drew had 70. Matt had 17 plays of 40+   Drew had only 10. Who throw the long ball more? Matt lead the league of qualified qb’s with 9.3 yards per pass. We threw the deep ball more than anybody. 

FalconsIn2020 and Yo_Lover like this

20 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Isn’t it interesting how many think it’s perfectly ok to let your QB get hit 108 times a season? No biggie if it’s because his pocket keeps collapsing, he can make plays outside pocket so no big deal. And when he does, it’s his fault for getting hit because he holds the ball too long as he’s escaping the pocket. This is no reflection on the OL, it’s all Matt’s choice to get hit so much.

Yep, soooooooooooooooooooooooo glad TD and Blank made this their #1 priority, to fix the OL to protect our $150 million QB.

Draftnut57 likes this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

No he does not. That’s why his completion percentage was so high. High percentage short throws. And kamara runs with it. 

You win. Brees never throws deep balls. We all watch the Saints at least twice a yea for years and hardly ever see him throw deep balls. They are all short passes.

4 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You win. Brees never throws deep balls. We all watch the Saints at least twice a yea for years and hardly ever see him throw deep balls. They are all short passes.

This is what's wrong with you. Someone says Matt throws more deep balls and you take it as Brees doesn't throw deep at all. Then you cry like a baby. You and draftnut can hold each other.

athell, TheFatboi and FalconsIn2020 like this

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

It didn’t say he doesn’t attempt. I said he doesn’t throw the deep ball ALL THE TIME like YOU said. He doesn’t. That’s a fact. The number back it up as well. I KNOW I WON!!! You’re giving opinions and I’m rebutting then with facts. How can Brees throw the long ball all the time and only have 250 more yards than Matt but threw over 120 more passes than Matt and a 70% completion rate? How is that possible throwing the deep ball ALL THE TIME like you said??? HOW SWAY!!! YOU AINT GOT THE ANSWERS!!!! 

FalconsIn2020, Yo_Lover and athell like this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

This is what's wrong with you. Someone says Matt throws more deep balls and you take it as Brees doesn't throw deep at all. Then you cry like a baby. You and draftnut can hold each other.

Exactly. I never said he doesn’t throw deep at all. Brady throws deep too. But they don’t throw deep as much as Matt does. That’s a d@mn fact. 

Yo_Lover, athell and Vandy like this

9 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You're problem, among other things, and has been pointed out NUMEROUS times in this thread is :

1.  Brees, especially over the past several years does NOT throw deep balls like he used to.  This was debunked by several people pages ago

2.  You watch the Saints twice a year.  Your lack of knowledge shows.

3.  Brees, especially since Kamara and even before, relies on short drops and quick passes either out of the backfield to Kamara and Ingram, or short slants to Thomas (which was also proven pages back by Thomas' vs Jones' average air yards per catch).

You are ignorant and your absolute refusal to even look at the mountain of evidence provided to you while you continue to go back to your narratives based in non reality makes you an idiot.  Just stop.

Yo_Lover, Vandy, TheFatboi and 1 other like this

4 minutes ago, athell said:

You're problem, among other things, and has been pointed out NUMEROUS times in this thread is :

1.  Brees, especially over the past several years does NOT throw deep balls like he used to.  This was debunked by several people pages ago

2.  You watch the Saints twice a year.  Your lack of knowledge shows.

3.  Brees, especially since Kamara and even before, relies on short drops and quick passes either out of the backfield to Kamara and Ingram, or short slants to Thomas (which was also proven pages back by Thomas' vs Jones' average air yards per catch).

You are ignorant and your absolute refusal to even look at the mountain of evidence provided to you while you continue to go back to your narratives based in non reality makes you an idiot.  Just stop.

This is what gazoo does. He ignores facts and evidence to stick to his narrative. I’ll give one thing he’s consistent and persistent. He’ll keep going with what he thinks. To h3ll with factual evidence. 

Vandy and athell like this