Draftnut57

Our OL averages 6-4 , and totals 1600 lbs.

59 posts in this topic

  Something I've always wondered why we didn't get bigger stronger OL,, Like I said many times in the last 3 months.. Blank is going all out this year.. It's really him pressing his men to do everything in their power to bring the Trophy to Atlanta..and all the fans of this team.. He wants to win a Championship,, I know one thing , I've never been this hyped this early about the next season starting.

 And I never could understand us not getting at least a few bigger powerful DEs...intead of using an OLBer.. see V. Beasley who will be a very good OLB this year, but he is not a true DE,,  Yeap!! you got it.. we got him in John Cominsky who is 6-5, 285, and 23 years old. Hope he stays for life. This is my favorite player for the pick.

 And .. All on here know I've been screaming for at least one larger back, Well, again,, we got another one..,, Hill is still on the Roster,, He may not make it but, it will only be because we drafted Ollison , and I love this pick  ,, . Everybody knows I'm Hill's his biggest fan. I love seeing the underdogs  make it big. William Andrews, (Smiley) made me a Falcon Fan before I even cared about Pro Football.. Because he was a huge underdog. Love to see Hill stick... and be a part of this now awesome talented team...

 Getting a couple of very talented CBs we got was a real need and it is so exciting to think about what they will bring to the field with the size and speed of these two player, but to me especially Shefield,, he's like 5-10-212 lbs,, ,, I've always wanted us to get a taller CB that came to us with our 6th pick,, Jordan Miller,, at 6-2,190,  

And lastly We finially got a Return Man with our last pick !!! who can fly and can turn a game on it's head with one return.. Marcus Green, RB\WR\Return, 5-8, 190, 22 years old..  As I have said,, I don't think the FO has ever worked so hard and done as good of a job with the picks they had to bring to this team Exactly what we needed.  TD is the Man , and Blank is the owner who seen to it we have the best overall off season in the History of this Franchise.  That took place this off season ,, Best ever ,,,,,,,,,,  And the  Truth will stand.......... Draftnut57               :tiphat:

 Some of you ask me when I made my only Mock a couple of months before the draft why I only put 7 players in it.. instead of 9 with the comp picks,, I said because I knew I'd probably have to give a couple of picks to trade up for a couple of players in my only Mock,, that happened in the real Draft that TD and Quinn  had. So at least I got that part right. 

 Last but now least,, I think because of all the things Blank has done,, But pushing all in this year,, And with a great QB like Ryan,, That we will be at least in the playoffs,, And to be honest, I'll be shocked if we don't win it all this year.. I'm a realistic person and fan.. So this is not just hype,, it's what I see actually happening before my eyes.. I think this team is at least 30% better than any Falcon team ever.. We will be the team to beat this year, and no doubt we have the best team on paper right now,, But !! , I think we'll be the team to beat this year on the Field as well...  Your Draft Fan and Falcon Fan... Draftnut57

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Good post overall.  But Vic will not be moving to OLB again this year....not for Cominsky.  

My point is that Vic is undersized for a true DE,, To me he's playing out of position because of that.. And I wasn't saying that Vic would be playing DE,, But Cominsky will be playing DE in Vic's place... and Vic I think they'll just let him play OLBer and rush on selected plays only. 

mtldirtybird and Falcster like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Good post overall.  But Vic will not be moving to OLB again this year....not for Cominsky.  

Might have just meant LEO and not base DE.

@Draftnut57 The one thing i'm really excited about now, albeit was pizzed about at the time was double dipping on the OL via FA and Draft. But taking a step back and looking at it, this just might be what get's us over the hump. Get that run game going - giving the defense a breather in the second half is going to be big!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

Might have just meant LEO and not base DE.

@Draftnut57 The one thing i'm really excited about now, albeit was pizzed about at the time was double dipping on the OL via FA and Draft. But taking a step back and looking at it, this just might be what get's us over the hump. Get that run game going - giving the defense a breather in the second half is going to be big!

I felt the same way also.. But now looking at it,, I think it was a great move... As I thought how it could keep Ryan upright so he would have time to put the ball down field. The more I look at this draft and the players we got.. the more i like it.. I was wanting a really good DE and didn't think we could get one as late as we did, But I really like Cominsky  with his size and power at the position. I think he may be the Best DE pick in the draft for where he was taken ...

slick0ne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

What's the weight avg?

Total for all our 5 starting  O# lineman. 1600 lbs.. 320 x 5 = 1600 lbs.average as a whole. But they are all just about that weight.. 320..And are very close in higtht  as well..

gazoo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

My point is that Vic is undersized for a true DE,, To me he's playing out of position because of that.. And I wasn't saying that Vic would be playing DE,, But Cominsky will be playing DE in Vic's place... and Vic I think they'll just let him play OLBer and rush on selected plays only. 

Just curious.  Why do you think this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

My point is that Vic is undersized for a true DE,, To me he's playing out of position because of that.. And I wasn't saying that Vic would be playing DE,, But Cominsky will be playing DE in Vic's place... and Vic I think they'll just let him play OLBer and rush on selected plays only. 

Sorry to disappoint but Cominsky will rotate inside on passing downs. Vic is the pass rushing DE for us as well as Takk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

If Lindstrom and Kaleb live up to their draft position, this draft is going to go down as one of the best we've had during the Matt Ryan era for sure. 

I know what you’re saying.  But wouldn’t you agree that a great draft usually  is because you find great value in mid-to-late rounds ala 2016 & 2008?  

1st rounders should be 8-10 year starters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

I know what you’re saying.  But wouldn’t you agree that a great draft usually  is because you find great value in mid-to-late rounds ala 2016 & 2008?  

1st rounders should be 8-10 year starters

It all depends on how you want to define them. As long as the draft makes your team better going forward, then it's a good draft IMO. If we end up getting two  8-10 year starters along our offensive line then I don't know how anyone could retroactively view this draft as anything but a massive success, regardless of how the rest of the picks turn out. We haven't had an 8-10 year starter at guard or tackle since Bob Whitfield, and now we are potentially getting two of them to pair with Jake who looks like he is well on his way to being an 8-10 pro bowl guy himself. That's the makings of the best line we have had, perhaps ever.

So yea IF Kaleb and Lindstrom turn out to be offensive line stalwarts this draft is an A+, and everything else will be a cherry on top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

It all depends on how you want to define them. As long as the draft makes your team better going forward, then it's a good draft IMO. If we end up getting two  8-10 year starters along our offensive line then I don't know how anyone could retroactively view this draft as anything but a massive success, regardless of how the rest of the picks turn out. We haven't had an 8-10 year starter at guard or tackle since Bob Whitfield, and now we are potentially getting two of them to pair with Jake who looks like he is well on his way to being an 8-10 pro bowl guy himself. That's the makings of the best line we have had, perhaps ever.

So yea IF Kaleb and Lindstrom turn out to be offensive line stalwarts this draft is an A+, and everything else will be a cherry on top

What if Kaleb busts and Lindstrom is average...but Ollison & Miller are Pro Bowlers?  Is it still a great class considering the loss of a 3rd round pick?

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

If Lindstrom and Kaleb live up to their draft position, this draft is going to go down as one of the best we've had during the Matt Ryan era for sure. 

What's your opinion of the remainder of the draft? I'm not so sure we walked away with the right pieces to maximize our potential. I really like Justice Hill but we opted to go big bruiser with Ollison in the 5th. Benny Snell would have been a good selection to me as well. I'm not a big fan of Sheffield. Isaiah Johnson was still on the board and I was really excited, but we went with a guy I'm really not sold on. Deionte Thompson, Vosean Joseph, Daylon Mack, Joe Jackson, Blake Cashman and Ben Burr Kirven were others on my short list that we passed. I couldn't believe Kelvin Harmon lasted until the 6th. Thought he was an ideal Sanu replacement. 

Idk. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel we could have walked away with better mid to late round talent then we did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

What's your opinion of the remainder of the draft? I'm not so sure we walked away with the right pieces to maximize our potential. I really like Justice Hill but we opted to go big bruiser with Ollison in the 5th. Benny Snell would have been a good selection to me as well. I'm not a big fan of Sheffield. Isaiah Johnson was still on the board and I was really excited, but we went with a guy I'm really not sold on. Deionte Thompson, Vosean Joseph, Daylon Mack, Joe Jackson, Blake Cashman and Ben Burr Kirven were others on my short list that we passed. I couldn't believe Kelvin Harmon lasted until the 6th. Thought he was an ideal Sanu replacement. 

Idk. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel we could have walked away with better mid to late round talent then we did.

Only time will tell.  On the surface, it appears Dimi went for guys who have a high ceiling, and that fit a particular role/excel in a certain area.  There may have been guys that are more ready now, have a more rounded skill set, but that's not what he was looking for. He was trying to hit some home runs, and with a pretty solid roster, it is a good strategy.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Sorry to disappoint but Cominsky will rotate inside on passing downs. Vic is the pass rushing DE for us as well as Takk. 

I'm sure they will go about Cominsky's progression slowly.. so I can see that.. but I think in time he'll be a great player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'm sure they will go about Cominsky's progression slowly.. so I can see that.. but I think in time he'll be a great player.

Of course, but he is basically replacing Mustang shelby. So he will be a run stopping DE who moves inside in nickle.

mtldirtybird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

My point is that Vic is undersized for a true DE,, To me he's playing out of position because of that.. And I wasn't saying that Vic would be playing DE,, But Cominsky will be playing DE in Vic's place... and Vic I think they'll just let him play OLBer and rush on selected plays only. 

Vic at 6’3” 245 is not undersized for LEO position. He’s actually perfect size for that role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely like the commitment to bigger better Oline. I think it will help the team.

I think the rosy glasses do not work for the defense though. Lack of size, lack of talent and the returning talent coming off major injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

What's your opinion of the remainder of the draft? I'm not so sure we walked away with the right pieces to maximize our potential. I really like Justice Hill but we opted to go big bruiser with Ollison in the 5th. Benny Snell would have been a good selection to me as well. I'm not a big fan of Sheffield. Isaiah Johnson was still on the board and I was really excited, but we went with a guy I'm really not sold on. Deionte Thompson, Vosean Joseph, Daylon Mack, Joe Jackson, Blake Cashman and Ben Burr Kirven were others on my short list that we passed. I couldn't believe Kelvin Harmon lasted until the 6th. Thought he was an ideal Sanu replacement. 

Idk. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel we could have walked away with better mid to late round talent then we did.

Well, we will have to wait and see. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about college football, so I have no idea how good our selections are going to pan out, to be honest. The only thing I know for sure is that if we end up with two very good starters for us in our offensive line and we don't have to worry about those positions again for the next 5-10 years, then it's a massive win. Finding good linemen is so much more difficult than finding good CBs or WRs. I think it's one of the toughest positions to fill so if we can shore up 3/5ths of our line for the long-haul this will free us up in future drafts to fill out whatever holes losing that 3rd round pick and busting on our other late round picks will have potentially created for us. 

 

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

What if Kaleb busts and Lindstrom is average...but Ollison & Miller are Pro Bowlers?  Is it still a great class considering the loss of a 3rd round pick?

Multiple pro bowlers out of ANY draft is a big win. Not a perfect draft in your scenario but an excellent one IMO. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Definitely like the commitment to bigger better Oline. I think it will help the team.

I think the rosy glasses do not work for the defense though. Lack of size, lack of talent and the returning talent coming off major injuries. 

The one DL we got,, Cominsky will make more differance on this team than any other player we drafted.. I said in a post 3 months ago that we have to have a Bigger powerful DE to help this team,, the greatest need of the D#, well, we got that player and it will be a huge differance with this one player..  I can see that the FO finnially figured it out. Just hope he can stay healthy because we are still under maned at the DE IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now