Every NFL Team's Biggest Reason to Look Forward to 2019 Season

fuego

Atlanta Falcons: Top Defenders Return

The Atlanta Falcons will benefit most from internal improvements instead of outside additions.

Grady Jarrett's retention under the franchise tag was of the utmost importance. According to Pro Football Focus, the defensive tackle led the Falcons defense last season with 53 total pressures and 23 run stops.

"He's a really impactful guy on our team," head coach Dan Quinn said of Jarrett, per Kelsey Conway of the Falcons' official site. "His leadership and [how] he's emerging in that way is a real factor for us."

Jarrett's return is only part of the equation. Safeties Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen missed 28 combined games last season. A return to the field is imminent for both.

"If they continue to hit the markers that they are, I think that would be more than realistic," Quinn told reporters of the starters' readiness for training camp.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835905-every-nfl-teams-biggest-reason-to-look-forward-to-2019-season?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#slide3

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

We should be able to once again run the football and stop the other team from doing so.  In 2017, Neal graded out as the Falcons best run defender of the past decade.  

Yup.  People want to harp on the DT's last year but without Debo and Neal it's a tough ask to limit opponents runs.  I really think Davidson+Debo+Neal is going to erase a lot of last years woes vs the run.

19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Biggest reason to look forward to 2019 and likely the biggest change agent has gotta be the upgrade from Marquan Manuel to Dan Quinn.

1.  Quinn as DC

2.  Armstrong out as ST coach

3.  Get players back on D

4. Koetter as OC

5.  Freeman back

Only bad thing is the possibility of two rookies on Oline.  While I think they are players, there will be growing pains.    

Edited by notthatcool

6 minutes ago, notthatcool said:

1.  Quinn as DC

2.  Armstrong out as ST coach

3.  Get players back on D

4. Mularkey as OC

5.  Freeman back

Only bad thing is the possibility of two rookies on Oline.  While I think they are players, there will be growing pains.    

I'd say:

1. Blank's sense of urgency
  2. Quinn as DC
  3. Freeman back
  4. Keanu and Rico back
  5. Mularkey as running game coordinator
  6. Kutty at OC
  7. Davison, Carpenter, Hageman and Brown in the trench
  8. Draft class
  9. Armstrong out as ST coach
  10. Game management coordinator

21 hours ago, athell said:

Yup.  People want to harp on the DT's last year but without Debo and Neal it's a tough ask to limit opponents runs.  I really think Davidson+Debo+Neal is going to erase a lot of last years woes vs the run.

For sure. You can't expect your DTs to stop run in the backfield or the line of scrimmage every down.  Our LBs were so consistently out of position last year 3-4 yard runs became first downs routinely. 

Wanting to see the end of never picking up 2nd and 1 and follow that by not picking up 3rd and 2 after losing a yard on 2nd and 1. Then have the balls to try 4th and 2 only to turn the ball over on downs. :bang:

Also maybe a kick/punt return man!! Our ST has been trending down for the past few years.