Unknøwn

Braves calling up Austin Riley

39 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JDFIII said:

If Acuna goes down right now, who do we play in CF? Lein? That is my biggest concern currently. I love having Riley up, and I want him to stay. I am not sure how the team construction can work with that right now. We have to make a trade at some point to keep his bat in the lineup.

Maybe Pache

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Maybe Pache

I did think of that, but, I don't think they are ready to call him up, even as well as he is playing. I do think we may see a September call up for him this year. Here's to dreaming though.......

30 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

I did think of that, but, I don't think they are ready to call him up, even as well as he is playing. I do think we may see a September call up for him this year. Here's to dreaming though.......

Duvall would play CF. Hes a gold gove caliber player in CF. He was actually a finalists for the GG with Cincy in 2017. Lost to Ender.

1 minute ago, JDFIII said:

I was pretty sure he was a LF always. I could be wrong though.

Appearances

• Share & more
    • Modify & Share Table
    • Embed this Table
    • Get as Excel Workbook (experimental)
    • Get table as CSV (for Excel)
    • Strip Mobile Formatting
    • Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
    • About Sharing Tools
    • Video: SR Sharing Tools & How-to
    • Video: Stats Table Tips & Tricks
  • Glossary
Year Age Tm Lg G GS Batting Defense P C 1B 2B 3B SS LF CF RF OF DH PH PR
5 Seasons   500 420 500 445 0 0 43 0 5 0 404 0 8 412 3 62 2
2014 25 SFG NL 28 18 28 22 0 0 21 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 8 0
2015 26 CIN NL 27 17 27 18 0 0 4 0 0 0 15 0 0 15 0 9 0
2016 27 CIN NL 150 145 150 146 0 0 5 0 3 0 137 0 6 143 0 4 0
2017 28 CIN NL 157 149 157 151 0 0 3 0 0 0 151 0 0 151 2 6 0
2018 29 CIN NL 105 82 105 94 0 0 10 0 1 0 89 0 0 89 0 16 0
2018 29 ATL NL 33 9 33 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 0 2 14 0 19 2

0 games in CF according to this.

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yeah, you're right. I was mistaken, I thought he was capable of playing CF as well.

All good. We certainly don't want Nick or Austin or Camargo out there. Culberson? Not sure he fits the bill either.

Just now, JDFIII said:

All good. We certainly don't want Nick or Austin or Camargo out there. Culberson? Not sure he fits the bill either.

Joyce. Forgot about him. He would be the guy, in a pinch.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:45 AM, Unkn0wn said:

I'm betting his 7 or 8 at the beginning. I think he eventually ends up at 5 behind Donaldson.

Acuna, Swanson, Freeman, Donaldson, Riley, Albies, Markakis, McCann/Flowers. That's a **** of a lineup. 

With Culberson, Camargo, Joyce, and one of McCann/Flowers able to come off the bench.  WOW are we deep right now.

We actually normally only keep 8 in the BP and right now we have 9, so when Inciarte comes back, I think we send down one of Newcomb/Winkler/Webb/Wright.

Inciarte would be a valuable pinch-runner and defensive sub.  I do NOT want to see Max Fried pinch-running again.  That was just dumb, but he was the only choice since Camargo and Joyce were already in.

Riley is staying if he keeps above .260, drops a couple more bombs over the next 8 days, and proves to not be a liability in LF.  Which so far he looks just fine out there.  Not to mention he's hitting .571 and barely missed another homer by about 2 feet last night.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

With Culberson, Camargo, Joyce, and one of McCann/Flowers able to come off the bench.  WOW are we deep right now.

We actually normally only keep 8 in the BP and right now we have 9, so when Inciarte comes back, I think we send down one of Newcomb/Winkler/Webb/Wright.

Inciarte would be a valuable pinch-runner and defensive sub.  I do NOT want to see Max Fried pinch-running again.  That was just dumb, but he was the only choice since Camargo and Joyce were already in.

Riley is staying if he keeps above .260, drops a couple more bombs over the next 8 days, and proves to not be a liability in LF.  Which so far he looks just fine out there.  Not to mention he's hitting .571 and barely missed another homer by about 2 feet last night.

Agreed, no way they send him down if he keeps drilling everything. Ender is the perfect 4th OF and fits in well with Riley as a defensive replacement.  

Falconsfan567 likes this

On 5/15/2019 at 10:48 AM, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

With this probably not ending Inciarte's season, this likely won't be a permanent call up for Riley, but I do hope he absolutely destroys the ball up here. 

The Braves don't call up top position player prospects with the intention of sending them back down. If this was intended to be less than a permanent call-up, they would have recalled Adam Duvall.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:29 AM, JDFIII said:

https://www.talkingchop.com/2019/4/13/18308853/atlanta-braves-milb-prospect-profile-rome-braves-cf-justin-dean

Got this guy. Never even heard of him. They said leadoff and CF though.

I talked about this on the podcast some. If the Braves need a centerfielder, there's major league veterans at AAA in Rafael Ortega and Ryan LaMarre. Either can fill the spot for a short time.

If they need a longer-term answer, I think they'd go ahead and call up Cristian Pache. He may struggle a little at the plate to start, but he would be a Gold Glove candidate the day he reported. 

JDFIII likes this