Draft Lottery

As a Bulls fan I have to say the NBA draft lottery sucked this year.

That being said, what would you guys think of the NFL doing a draft lottery?

I know the Falcons don't have good luck. So it's probably a good thing it doesn't exist in the NFL. Still, it does add a bit of excitement to an otherwise boring long offseason for fans.

I know I know. BB would find a way to rig it where the Pats get #1 with a zero percent chance. Maybe Tom Brady would deflate all the other teams lottery balls? New Orleans seems to have good luck, maybe they have bounties out.

Sorry I'm bored. 

27 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

As a Bulls fan I have to say the NBA draft lottery sucked this year.

I know the Falcons don't have good luck. So it's probably a good thing it doesn't exist in the NFL. Still, it does add a bit of excitement to an otherwise boring long offseason for fans.

I know I know. BB would find a way to rig it where the Pats get #1 with a zero percent chance. Maybe Tom Brady would deflate all the other teams lottery balls? New Orleans seems to have good luck, maybe they have bounties out.

Sorry I'm bored. 

I too am a Bulls fan. That sucked hard. Especially also rooting for Hawks to have success.

In this year’s draft lottery, the best chances to get Zion Williamson and Ja Morant, or pick 1 and 2, were:

Knicks
Cavs
Suns
Bulls 
Hawks
Wizards

None of the above teams got a top 2 pick.

It’s almost like this was rigged this year to screw all of the tankers.

8 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

I too am a Bulls fan. That sucked hard. Especially also rooting for Hawks to have success.

In this year’s draft lottery, the best chances to get Zion Williamson and Ja Morant, or pick 1 and 2, were:

Knicks
Cavs
Suns
Bulls 
Hawks
Wizards

None of the above teams got a top 2 pick.

It’s almost like this was rigged this year to screw all of the tankers.

Almost??????

19 minutes ago, CTann said:

It did, but Phoenix, Cleveland, and Chicago all pulled up chairs to the table and joined us! Lakers getting #4 is crap to me, otherwise, it seemed...not biased? 

Outside of ja, zion and Barrett, Lakers being #4 means they wont get any of them.

2 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

I guess I'm a silver lining guy. Meanwhile, the Hawks have two top 10 picks which they could trade for Zion. Or, they could use one of those picks to trade for AD. Or, they could get two solid contributors for the team. I wanted Zion to be a Hawk, badly. I guess I'm not sold yet that it's impossible. 

It is impossible. To trade for Zion, I do not personally believe the 2nd and 3rd overall picks would be enough. There is a BIG drop off after 3 too. Then another drop off at about 7. So Hawks would trade 2 tier 3 players for the player in his own 1st overall tier.

In NFL summary, it is not unlike the 1st overall draft pick being traded for two 3rds . That’s how steep the drop off in talent is. It won’t happen.

One or Two of those picks won’t get AD either. It sucks man. Bad bad outcome.

Edited by FalconBlood

40 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Seems like a really bad time to ask this on an Atlanta based board 

What’s odd is they landed right around where the odds said they would.  

From @g-dawg

First, here are the odds in play for Atlanta’s own first round pick and where it might land after the ping-pong balls bounce.

Image result for atlanta hawks logo

• No. 1 pick - 10.5 percent
  • No. 2 pick - 10.54 percent
  • No. 3 pick - 10.56 percent
  • No. 4 pick - 10.53 percent
  • No. 5 pick - 2.22 percent
  • No. 6 pick - 19.61 percent
  • No. 7 pick - 26.75 percent
  • No. 8 pick - 8.68 percent
  • No. 9 pick - 0.62 percent

47 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

As a Bulls fan I have to say the NBAdraft lottery sucked this year.

Sorry I'm bored. 

It is a great idea and should be done that way. The NFL will turn it in to a major event, and find a much better way to conduct the Lottery than the NBA could ever do. 

They should not give the team with the worst record more chances to win, everyone in it should have even odds, whether bottom 10-teams or those not making the playoffs etc..

Of course, just like the NBA, the NFL will find a way to predetermine outcomes.

I was about to throw my phone at my TV screen had the Lakers gotten #1, and they still rose in the top 4 while we dropped to number 8. The ONLY positive out of this is that we still kept the Marvericks pick but BARELY. The 2nd worst case scenario happened for the Hawks. 

4 minutes ago, athell said:

Leaving draft picks to corrupt NBA executives dumb luck is a really bad way to determine draft order.

Just curious, why do you think NBA Executives are corrupt, but NFL Executives are above such things?

Don't want to start something, and it is OK to believe that, just would like a brief explanation.

19 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

What’s odd is they landed right around where the odds said they would.  

From @g-dawg

First, here are the odds in play for Atlanta’s own first round pick and where it might land after the ping-pong balls bounce.

Image result for atlanta hawks logo

• No. 1 pick - 10.5 percent
  • No. 2 pick - 10.54 percent
  • No. 3 pick - 10.56 percent
  • No. 4 pick - 10.53 percent
  • No. 5 pick - 2.22 percent
  • No. 6 pick - 19.61 percent
  • No. 7 pick - 26.75 percent
  • No. 8 pick - 8.68 percent
  • No. 9 pick - 0.62 percent

Over 90% chance we get at least #7 pick.

19 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Just curious, why do you think NBA Executives are corrupt, but NFL Executives are above such things?

Don't want to start something, and it is OK to believe that, just would like a brief explanation.

Oh I don't at all, that's not what I meant not even close.  I don't trust any people in positions of power in any sport.  Money is power.

32 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

It is a great idea and should be done that way. The NFL will turn it in to a major event, and find a much better way to conduct the Lottery than the NBA could ever do. 

They should not give the team with the worst record more chances to win, everyone in it should have even odds, whether bottom 10-teams or those not making the playoffs etc..

Of course, just like the NBA, the NFL will find a way to predetermine outcomes.

Don't have to find a way to predetermine it when you don't even show the balls being selected