Andy Levitre officially retires

Good luck big guy.

Guards

Andy Levitre

Andy Levitre, Atlanta Falcons

Run-block success percentage: 17.3

Nine-year veteran Levitre, a former second-round pick out of Oregon State, has flown under the radar as one of the league’s most consistent guards through three different NFL locker rooms, including his latest destination in Atlanta.

Two years into a six-year, $48.5 million contract with the Tennessee Titans, Levitre was shipped off to the Falcons in exchange for sixth-rounder and a future conditional pick despite earning 84.4 and 78.6 overall grades in his two seasons (2013 and 2014) with Tennessee. The Falcons’ brass was smart to take the deal.

Levitre has earned 78.0-plus overall grades in all three seasons with the Falcons while playing a combined 3,048 offensive snaps. And while his pass protection hasn’t been awful by any means, Levitre’s run-blocking takes the cake as his best attribute. Prior to being placed on injured reserve with a triceps injury, Levitre posted a 17.3 run-block success percentage across 412 run-block snaps in 2017, the highest mark among guards with at least 150 pass-block snaps.

14 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

One of the "saviors" after that debacle in Miami preseason. Solid piece to our OL in the Superbowl year and helped keeping Matt upright to win MVP.

Underappreciated but still solid. Well wishes to my guy with the Russian villain/erectile dysfunction meds last name.

Some how I sense that my last post and this one have a common theme. 

It’s hard to get a handle of it. :rolleyes: